So will the football be off this weekend?

11 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Football expected to be postponed next weekend too

More murmurings that the Premier League is readying to postpone next weekend’s fixtures as well.

There was a suggestion during this morning’s talks that there shouldn’t be are matches directly preceding the State Funeral which is expected to be on Monday 19th September.

So looking like 3 weeks without league games. Utterly ridiculous.

2 minutes ago, Rugster said:

I don't listen to the radio in my office but I can hear it from the general office. It was Radio 2 and at half nine one of the girls in the office got up, said "f**k this" and papped it off. Had to chuckle at such a mild mannered person losing the plot after only an hour but it really was depressing.

Its awful. No ad breaks, no news breaks beyond the odd update about the royal families movements from a solemn sounding DJ. Just endless depressing music being pumped out at you.

44 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Here's the thing though, I have no interest whatsoever in the Queen or any other Royals, same as I don't have any interest in anyone else that dies that I don't know.

It's not being disrespectful and I don't wish them any ill will, it's simply that I don't care.

Am I alone in this ??

No

Watched the Rams v Bills season opener this morning, just been shopping and got the beers and nibbles in for an entire Sunday in front of the NFL on Sky. Never been so glad to be a huge NFL fan. No disrespect to Liz Windsor herself, as I think she was a very decent human being and excelled at Queen type duties - but I’ve had enough of this nationwide grief pish. RIP Liz, you put in a great shift, but I’m out. Roll on Sunday.

BMW PGA Championship to resume

The DP World Tour has confirmed that the BMW PGA Championship will restart on Saturday morning. Their statement reads:

“The DP World Tour today confirms the BMW PGA Championship will restart on Saturday morning.

“This follows the immediate suspension of play on Thursday evening and the complete cancellation of all day’s play on Friday, both actions taken in memory of the passing of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II and out of respect for the Royal Family.

“The decision to restart on Saturday has been taken in accordance with Official National Mourning guidance and in consultation with the Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport (DCMS).

“The Wentworth event will give players, caddies, staff, volunteers and spectators the opportunity to come together across the weekend, not only to express their condolences but also to celebrate the extraordinary life of Her Majesty.

“We join other sports in doing this, including the Men’s Test Match between England and South Africa at The Oval and the Women’s IT20 match between England and India in County Durham, Premiership Rugby Union, Rugby League and the Great North Run in the north east of England.

18 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

So basically all the middle class sports should continue as planned but the working class sports should be shelved.

Can anyone explain why this should be ???

It was the same during Covid. Football was always the target, always the first hit and the hardest hit. 

1 minute ago, scottsdad said:

It was the same during Covid. Football was always the target, always the first hit and the hardest hit. 

It's our own suits who've done this nobody else.

The Scottish Gov, UK Gov and even the Royals were happy for us to go ahead, we've basically been screwed over by our own incompetent and completely out of touch tossers who run our game.....

1 minute ago, craigkillie said:

Football chose to do this.

Yup. The SFA’s reaction to refuse comments to be made on their announcement says it all. They knew it was the wrong decision but still did it.

1 minute ago, scottsdad said:

Remember the outrage Glasgow Green holding the fan event for the Euros caused. 

Despite the table service and social distancing in place in a massive outdoor area

While along the road the Rugby fans squashed together like sardines trying to get a pint outside Murrayfield didn't seem to bother anyone 

24 minutes ago, welldaft said:

Nobody is forcing anyone to be sad.

Whether you like it or not the Queen has been our Monarch for most if not all of our lives. To some (especially in Scotland and on this Board) they could not care less. Fine. But for others they will acknowledge this is more than just a 96 year old lady passing away. 

Despite how I come across I am not a royalist and dislike a fair few of them. But the Queen never asked to be born into the Royal family. She did her best to represent the UK during her 70 year reign. She absolutely loved Scotland and thankfully there are many north of the border that appreciate that. I do. 

The next two weeks will be a tough watch. Certainly I hope next weekend fixtures go ahead, assuming the funeral is into the following week as anticipated. 

Why would people on here think that post deserves some red dots? Plenty of folk on here think that Celtic and Rangers fans are told what to think, and it's getting a bit like that on P&B. Welldaft put up a reasonably put together post but not to the liking of a few people on here because it goes against the P&B philosophy.