So will the football be off this weekend?

13 minutes ago, Hoose Rice said:

Because it would be disrespectful for any professional sporting body to go ahead as normal when the head of state has just passed and the country is in a period of national mourning. 

Geniuinely - what is disrespectful about watching or playing sport? The country is virtually carrying on as normal work-wise. Shops, pubs, theatres, restaurants etc are all operating. Games were played when the last King snuffed it, and contrary to popular belief loads of games were played in the aftermath of Diana's death - which occurred in an infinitely more shocking, world-stopping manner (for some).

6 minutes ago, Hoose Rice said:

Your acting more childlike throwing a tantrum because a game of footballs been cancelled. 

Pish. Games get cancelled regularly for a variety of reasons. 

Im clearly angry at the reasoning behind it and this ‘event’ being imposed on a supposedly free thinking country. 

1 minute ago, Fratelli said:

Geniuinely - what is disrespectful about watching or playing sport? The country is virtually carrying on as normal work-wise. Shops, pubs, theatres, restaurants etc are all operating. Games were played when the last King snuffed it, and contrary to popular belief loads of games were played in the aftermath of Diana's death - which occurred in an infinitely more shocking, world-stopping manner (for some).

People who believe that the everything should grind to a halt because the Queen died genuinely come across like they've got mental illness. I worry about them. 

Despite not playing when they should have been, as a mark of respect, every club will, as a mark of respect have a minutes silence, wear black armbands etc when they do start playing again. Because (Normal Island) some clubs will insist on having a home fixture commemoration, sevco in particular will want marines abseiling and a special remembrance tank firing a sadness cannon. 

By which point it will probably be Armistice day and we'll have to have more special dead Queen membering silences until Christmas. 2025. 

Edited by williemillersmoustache

21 minutes ago, Hoose Rice said:

Your acting more childlike throwing a tantrum because a game of footballs been cancelled. 

You're missing the point.

It's not about football on its own. It's the enforced mourning. If people care about the queen, that's absolutely fine it's their choice but everyone having to simply tow the line and stop aspects of their life and have zero choice in the matter is completely wrong. 

Cancelling kids football as well? Amateur football? The whole thing is a farce and people should rightfully voice their views. 

Edited by SJFCtheTeamForMe

33 minutes ago, Hoose Rice said:

Only rugby game this season is Catalan Dragons in France.  Fair play to the Ice Hockey. 

No, it's not.

The English Premiership have postponed the games due to be played tonight until tomorrow (f**k knows why), but all games being played tomorrow and Sunday are going ahead - with a one minute silence pre-game.

You know, like any vaguely competent organisation that's not in North Korea would do.

8 minutes ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

You're missing the point.

It's not about football on its own. It's the enforced mourning. If people care about the queen, that's absolutely fine it's their choice but everyone having to simply tow the line and stop aspects of their life and have zero choice in the matter is completely wrong. 

Cancelling kids football as well? Amateur football? The whole thing is a farce and people should rightfully voice their views. 

I never gave my opinion on other things getting cancelled to miss the point and I haven't even said that football should be cancelled, I'm not fussed either way but I understand why it has been and people are heads gone all over the shop because a game of football has been postponed as a mark of respect.

The cancelling of other stuff like kids football is going too far for me but again I understand why it has been cancelled this weekend.  Not sure why other aspects such as work/shops/cinemas are okay to go as normal but schools football can't.  Maybe it was a decision for the councils. 

3 minutes ago, Hoose Rice said:

I never gave my opinion on other things getting cancelled to miss the point and I haven't even said that football should be cancelled, I'm not fussed either way but I understand why it has been and people are heads gone all over the shop because a game of football has been postponed as a mark of respect.

The cancelling of other stuff like kids football is going too far for me but again I understand why it has been cancelled this weekend.  Not sure why other aspects such as work/shops/cinemas are okay to go as normal but schools football can't.  Maybe it was a decision for the councils. 

You did call me child like for being annoyed. Just because you’re not fussed doesn’t mean everyone else should be. 

51 minutes ago, Hoose Rice said:

Because it would be disrespectful for any professional sporting body to go ahead as normal when the head of state has just passed and the country is in a period of national mourning. 

The honeymoon is over, looks like you're on the PnB naughty step.