So will the football be off this weekend?

3 minutes ago, East Calder Lion said:

If Celtic home game goes ahead, will there be a minute's silence?

Hope not

After all football and politics shouldn’t be mixing apparently

What has the Queen got to do with Scottish football? 

Edited by Clown Job

3 minutes ago, Clown Job said:

Hope not

After all football and politics shouldn’t be mixing apparently

What has the Queen got to do with Scottish football? 

How dare you. She was a very fine goalie.

https://twitter.com/OrkneyFC/status/1567985297476173824?s=20&t=LdxMOAVvGcEwXmrBTQvsrg

The international audience that follows the EPL will hopefully make it more difficult to postpone games and that could leave the SPL room to allow the fixtures to go ahead who will probably just copy what the English do. I still expect football this weekend to be postponed though unfortunately.

1 minute ago, Jacky1990 said:

If nothing else, the level of seethe from all the unionist, royalist oddballs if the games up here go ahead would be beautiful.

Get the games on.

In fairness, it seems as though the general opinion seems to be swaying towards having the games go ahead (if twitter is anything to go by, I know, I know).

“There is no obligation to cancel or postpone events and sporting fixtures or close entertainment venues during the National Mourning period...

“As a mark of respect, organisations might wish to consider cancelling or postponing events or closing venues on the day of the State Funeral.”

It sounds like the English Premiership Rugby games this weekend are going ahead (though a game last night got cancelled). If an organisation as Tory/royalist as the English Premiership is playing games then there is absolutely no reason why we shouldn't be.

Conversely the SRU has already cancelled all games this weekend (even junior games) so I'm fearing the SPFL will go down that route.

2 minutes ago, AngusTheBull said:

It sounds like the English Premiership Rugby games this weekend are going ahead (though a game last night got cancelled). If an organisation as Tory/royalist as the English Premiership is playing games then there is absolutely no reason why we shouldn't be.

Conversely the SRU has already cancelled all games this weekend (even junior games) so I'm fearing the SPFL will go down that route.

The SRU are more Tory than their English counterparts.