So will the football be off this weekend?

The monarchy try to remain relevant by pretending they're in touch with we common riff-raff. Best way to do that is to let us have some enjoyment in these pretty miserable times. But they won't. They'll pile it on by giving us more time to think about how bad life is instead of letting us escape it. Fukc them and all who are associated with them. 

2 hours ago, Kapowzer said:

It was when Diana died and she’d left the circus years before.

Diana was living in her own wee circus.

Tonight's Euro games saw a moment's silence but games went ahead. I honestly dont see why games need cancelled this weekend but I wouldn't  be shocked if they are. 

Royalists love the idea that the king/queen is dead long live the king/queen, so can we just get on with it please.

13 minutes ago, BucksburnDandy said:

Truthfully the forced mourning is a total farce. She had no relevance in the life of most football clubs and almost every other industry will continue on bar sport. Normal Island strikes again.

Of course it is a tragic loss for a family, but the overreaction is as predictable as it is incredible.

It is the Queen for fux sake. She died in one of her favourite places on Earth. Aberdeenshire. You may know that part of the world 🤷‍♂️

It is the Queen for fux sake. She died in one of her favourite places on Earth. Aberdeenshire. You may know that part of the world [emoji2369]
????
It's the death of an old lady. Sad but hardly something to shut the entire country down for.
The monarchy means nothing to me and is an anachronistic and corrupt institution which with any luck will be gone before long. If folk buy into all this crap they can stay at home while the rest of us get on with our lives

15 minutes ago, Charles Stiles said:

The monarchy try to remain relevant by pretending they're in touch with we common riff-raff. Best way to do that is to let us have some enjoyment in these pretty miserable times. But they won't. They'll pile it on by giving us more time to think about how bad life is instead of letting us escape it. Fukc them and all who are associated with them. 

Do you really believe that "the monarchy" are behind the cancellation of anything this weekend? Do you think that King Charles III has been on the phone to the Match Secretary of Tayside Juniors?

3 minutes ago, Frank Grimes said:

The f**k’s it got to do with most of us who just want to attend a football match this weekend though?

21 minutes ago, glasgow-sheep said:

????
It's the death of an old lady. Sad but hardly something to shut the entire country down for.
The monarchy means nothing to me and is an anachronistic and corrupt institution which with any luck will be gone before long. If folk buy into all this crap they can stay at home while the rest of us get on with our lives

Get on with your bitterness you mean.  I am no royalist but I recognise the Queen dying is more than just an old lady.

Hate to break it to you but it will be going nowhere so I hope you stew in your rage which I suspect you will 🍻

17 minutes ago, Trackdaybob said:

The whole "the whole country mourns" thing is so out of touch its embarrassing. Next couple of weeks will be hell. 

I'm on an ice hockey forum with clubs from across the UK.

The English are fucking mental. Folk who you thought were normal lads are losing their shit. They probably genuinely believe this and where they live they aren't too far wrong.

All the Scots, Irish and Welsh sitting staring uncomfortably as the other lad has a full meltdown.

Get on with your bitterness you mean.  I am no royalist but I recognise the Queen dying is more than just an old lady.
Hate to break it to you but it will be going nowhere so I hope you stew in your rage which I suspect you will [emoji482]
Thankfully I'm off on holiday so will be away from all the nonsense for the next week

Can someone explain please in what way is it disrespectful to someone old bint who has died that football games are played as scheduled?

If an answer is supplied, can it then also be explained why we should care? Respect works both ways and the queen had absolutely none for most people.

As others have said, if ridiculous mentalists wish to mourn someone they don't know then nothing is stopping them, including a game of football being on. Why should others have to indulge crazy morons?