So will the football be off this weekend?

9 minutes ago, Dirty Sanchez said:

I believe there was no league football the weekend of Diana's funeral because it was an international week, and Scotland played their game against Belarus at Pittodrie anyway, despite some conversation about postponing it.

Celtic were due to play on the Sunday and it was cancelled as the whole team ended up in Hamilton Palace

1 hour ago, Kapowzer said:
It was when Diana died and she’d left the circus years before.

They postponed two games (Killie v Motherwell on the day of her death and an Old Firm the next night) and then moved the Scotland v Estonia game to the Sunday for her funeral. That was it.

Edited by craigkillie

I think they'll definitely be off this weekend and next. A bugger from a team pov because Motherwell are playing ok and I'd fancy our chances v County and Hearts atm.

It is odd though that domestic football will likely be cancelled but the OF and Hearts (and obviously all the English sides) will certainly be expected by UEFA to get on with it.

10 minutes ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

The woke snowflakes at the SFA won't allow it now. Don't respect tradition.

SPFL.

I hope because I'll be emailing them and AFC.

If I feel like wasting my time.

Edited by Suspect Device

5 minutes ago, lubo_blaha said:

Why cancel games at the weekend and beyond when there are tens of thousands watching games right now, just a few hours after her death was announced?

Indeed, especially since Sellick will be in Warsaw on Wednesday and Hearts in Riga on Thursday along with which of the English clubs have away ties next week.

Tomorrows Cove v Dundee game might bite the dust as a token gesture but the weekend fixtures should go ahead IMO.

Bigger issue might be next week depending on the day of the funeral. If it’s the Sunday, then St Mirren v Celtic and Motherwell v Hearts will almost certainly be postponed.

If it’s the Saturday, all fixtures will probably be moved to the Sunday. 

51 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Was it not previously publicised as part of "London Bridge is down" that all sporting events would be cancelled for 10 days after her death?

That's not fell down as well has it? What are the chances? These things come in threes!

Edited by Sergeant Wilson