Monarchy debate/discussion

Richey Edwards

1 hour ago, Suspect Device said:

Some people have a strange way of spending Xmas.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/royal-family-charles-christmas-sandringham-b2251283.html

ETA. I realise the irony of posting this on Xmas day. 😀

"Wellwishers camp..."

Very appropriate opening two words of a headline, imho...

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, Rugster said:

That really is a nothing story. Mush like the rest of the Meghan pish that is diverting the plebs' attention from more important things.

ETA. This made me laugh though. 

Edited by Suspect Device

2 minutes ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

All this wind and piss really brings home the importance of continuing with the royal family as our divinely authorised heads of state for generations to come. Who could possibly doubt the example they set to us, lowly commoners that we are. 

Good that you know your place!

3 hours ago, btb said:

What pisses me off is the "one drip at a time" nature of the revelations - this is never gonna end.

He’s got to fill 3 more books, I honestly can’t see how the f**k he’s going to string “my family were mean to me and don’t like my wife” into 4 books. Going to need a lot of pictures and filler. 

2 hours ago, scottsdad said:

He killed 25 Taliban fighters, but lost a fight to Peggy Mitchell.

Aye, good one. 

Probably the daftest thing he's ever said, his security team will have to be on their toes now.

The news coverage of this is genuinely disgraceful. 

This is tabloid pish - red tops are the ones that serialise autobiographies with BOMBSHELLS from celebrities. 

This irrelevant pish is subject to commentary and analysis across the bbc, including being the headline news on reporting fucking Scotland last night. 

I genuinely do not understand why people are ok with this. 

4 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

The news coverage of this is genuinely disgraceful. 

This is tabloid pish - red tops are the ones that serialise autobiographies with BOMBSHELLS from celebrities. 

This irrelevant pish is subject to commentary and analysis across the bbc, including being the headline news on reporting fucking Scotland last night. 

I genuinely do not understand why people are ok with this. 

In any discussion or more robust confrontation there are certain utterances that automatically give victory to the other person... "I know you are but what am I?", "you probably believe that the moon landings actually happened as well," "the election was stolen", that kind of thing. 

In Harry's case, his apparent belief in the power of a psychic to contact his deceased mother should end any credibility he might ever have had. Game over.  I mean, I know that the institution apparently believes that they hold their position of prominence because a god says so, but for someone who believes in the monarchy to take psychics seriously? Sorry Willie boy, your brother has outed the whole revolting edifice... you are the weakest link, goodbye.  Renounce your place in the pecking (@rse-kissing) order, take your brother for a pint and tell King juglugs the game is up

Time for the whole ridiculous circus to call it a day. 

The Tories will be loving this... it's helping to keep their lot off the front pages. I'd rather the phone-ins were on food banks, the right to strike, the widening wealth gap and so on. Sunak will be delighted by this farce.  Oh, and Andrew who if anything bad had happened to Charlie years ago could be King by now.  Chew on that, royalists. 

Edited by Salt n Vinegar

Surely this thread should be discussing the constitutional legitimacy of the monarchy.

There is already a thread on General Nonsense about the tittle tattle shit filling the media and diverting the public from thinking about any real issues affecting the UK.

Congratualtions Harry & Meghan - The General Nonsense Forum - Pie & Bovril (pieandbovril.com)

And there's a thread for General Nonces as well.

Prince Andrew BBC - The General Nonsense Forum - Pie & Bovril (pieandbovril.com)

57 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:

Surely this thread should be discussing the constitutional legitimacy of the monarchy.

There is already a thread on General Nonsense about the tittle tattle shit filling the media and diverting the public from thinking about any real issues affecting the UK.

Congratualtions Harry & Meghan - The General Nonsense Forum - Pie & Bovril (pieandbovril.com)

And there's a thread for General Nonces as well.

Prince Andrew BBC - The General Nonsense Forum - Pie & Bovril (pieandbovril.com)

You’re right, if there’s one thing that the MSM will avoid even with all these revelations is the one thing that we should be talking about & that’s the archaic constitutional set up we have. 
I’d hope that the “affection” the public had for an old lady who couldn’t give a f**k about them is dying & the constant drip of seeing that instead of being “above” the population, the Royal family are a bunch of self entitled, dysfunctional arseholes.