Monarchy debate/discussion

Richey Edwards

• 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Cerberus said:

You'll be happy to hear that Lizzie is getting a new boat.

http://www.thenational.scot/news/15797410.Tories_want_your_spare_change_to_buy_royal_yacht/

I'd love to see one of those charity lotteries for this, in a couple of years they might be able to afford an outboard for a RHIB. :lol:

Martin Clunes can do the voice over for the ad (with the sad piano music in the background), "Poor Liz hasn't been the same since she was cruelly robbed of her yacht, please help with whatever you can to put a smile on poor Liz's face, just give whatever you can". :bairn

In the incredibly unlikely event that this is given the time of day in parliament it will be slapped down, even the Tories aren't that mad, if by some miracle it did become policy I'm all for it, if there are enough royalists out there who want to fund it, crack on. Although they might need to sign up to the continued maintenance long after their deaths.

The monarchy is an undemocratic and outdated political institution. The idea that, in the 21st century, someone can only become Head Of State if they happen to be born into the royal family is very silly. It is wrong that people cannot become Head Of State on merit and in a democratic fashion.
Do YOU think it's time to axe the monarchy?
Is there any reason at all why it shouldn't be dispensed with?

It’s called a guillotine. Bit late for that.

On 12/4/2017 at 14:16, Gaz FFC said:

I think it's sad enough That people from here get excited about a Royal wedding but what sort of fucking loony do you have to be to get excited by a Royal wedding in another country????

Our American cousins baffle me. After all, what was all that 1776 stuff if it wasn't for getting shot of a bunch of inbred lunatics from Germany parish lording over the colonies?

32 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Saw on the TV the sad c***s lining up outside the church the royals were attending on Christmas Day so they could “catch a glimpse of them”.

What fucking meaningless life some folk live.

Subservient boot lickers.

To think people are giving up their free time to do this when there are homeless shelters screaming out for volunteers at this time of year. All in it together right enough.

1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:

Saw on the TV the sad c***s lining up outside the church the royals were attending on Christmas Day so they could “catch a glimpse of them”.

Much more meaningful to spraff pish with random fannies on the internet. 

Don't get me wrong, I'm a 100% in the spraffing pish camp but each to their own, most of us live pretty meaningless lives in the grand scheme of things. I'm cool with my meaningless life, I fecking love it actually.

Imagine being those weans and having to postpone your present opening in the faint hope of seeing a senile old racist. Wild stuff. Couldn't they just wait till their grandparents come round for dinner?

• 3 months later...
12 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:

Did the Duke skip the Hip replacement list?

Loved the BBC saying the palace has issued a statement the op was pre planned, in case it spread panic :lol: 

• 3 years later...
On 30/12/2017 at 15:56, Granny Danger said:

What if they built a burger stall and a pub there?  Could that get you interested in going this Christmas?