Monarchy debate/discussion

Richey Edwards

I say privatise the Royal Family. Turn Buckingham Palace into a glitzy theme park, have a mega corporation decide how much they're going to pay Lizzie & Co and rip off tourists. Britain still gets a boost to economy from the tourists and taxpayers don't need to contribute to paying for Palace repairs. Jobs a good un.

5 hours ago, The Chlamydia Kid said:

A wonderful institution which epitomises the traditions and prestige of this great country. The envy of the world.

God save the Queen emoji106.png

Yeah, having a whole family of unelected and unaccountable figureheads in the 21st Century is absolutely not ridiculous. I bet all the ex-British Empire nations regret no longer having the Royal Family. I bet France and Russia regret executing their monarchies.

I have travelled all over the world and not once has anyone I have spoken to indicated any interest or envy in the monarchy.

Yeah, having a whole family of unelected and unaccountable figureheads in the 21st Century is absolutely not ridiculous. I bet all the ex-British Empire nations regret no longer having the Royal Family. I bet France and Russia regret executing their monarchies.

I have travelled all over the world and not once has anyone I have spoken to indicated any interest or envy in the monarchy.

Never been to Ibrox then?

On ‎11‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 05:46, NJ2 said:

Estimated population of around 65m. So let’s say it cost fifty pence each? Can’t say I’m worried about fifty pence. I’m no fan of the royal family. I just genuinely don’t care enough either way to get worked up the way some, on both sides, do.

So how much would the fireproof cladding for Grenfell have cost us per head? How many junior Doctors/Teachers could we train for £30 million?

It's a despicable waste of money and anyone celebrating it should be taxed double.

I was in Spain when some dirt digging book on the Royals came out that was banned in Britain and the looks of disdain I got while traipsing around the bookshops trying to find a copy had to be seen to be believed. You'd probably get a similar reaction in the likes of Thailand.

4 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I was in Spain when some dirt digging book on the Royals came out that was banned in Britain and the looks of disdain I got while traipsing around the bookshops trying to find a copy had to be seen to be believed. You'd probably get a similar reaction in the likes of Thailand.

You mean this?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Royals-Kitty-Kelley/dp/0446585149

15 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Image result for j r hartley

15 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Nae, you get slung in the jail for any negativity regarding the Royals, and folk will grass on each other.  Best to stay well clear. 

the movie The King & I is banned ffs.

9 hours ago, SlipperyP said:

Nae, you get slung in the jail for any negativity regarding the Royals, and folk will grass on each other.  Best to stay well clear. 

the movie The King & I is banned ffs.

And yet you choose to stay there.

On 02/12/2017 at 17:26, The Chlamydia Kid said:

Well worth the 62p per head a year.

Put it to the children. 

A pack of Opal fruits, or some German bunch of freeloading ribbon snippers lording it over you for the rest of your life?

Suppose it depends on what team you follow.

Was in Asda earlier and the newspaper stand is next to the lift. As I was waiting on the lift I was reading the headlines and 1 tabloid claims the Royal wedding will make the country many millions in visitors for the big day.

Hard to see how any of this cash will actually make it's way out of London but since when did facts stand in the way of a good headline.

Edited by Gaz FFC

Someone shooting the c***s would generate a lot of money.

could be on to something here.

I reckon american dentists and trustifarians would love to come over and shoot our royals for cash. It would also be conservation and help the long term survival of the species.

We should auction a charles hunt round sandringham at one of their fundraisers and halve the national debt.

3 hours ago, coprolite said:

could be on to something here.

I reckon american dentists and trustifarians would love to come over and shoot our royals for cash. It would also be conservation and help the long term survival of the species.

We should auction a charles hunt round sandringham at one of their fundraisers and halve the national debt.

I’d be in favour of that if we could then shoot the shooters.