Monarchy debate/discussion

Richey Edwards

On 09/09/2022 at 20:46, Ross. said:

Would say it’s an absolute certainty. He’ll do 6 months in the top job and step aside saying they would have done it at the time but wanted to deal with the formalities as quickly and quietly as possible before letting the next generation lead the way.

Won't happen.

23 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

They will bring back hanging for us republicans before the BBC works out how impartiality works.

Is there a debate on abolishing the monarchy though? Outside of P&B I'm not sure there is much appetite for the discussion. 

2 minutes ago, hk blues said:

Is there a debate on abolishing the monarchy though? Outside of P&B I'm not sure there is much appetite for the discussion. 

There is no debate, as to debate it would be deemed disrespectful - because only monarchists views are deemed relevant and appropriate by the media.

Obviously the same rules dont apply to their coverage of other issues (Brexit, Independence, climate change etc).

But, yes - there is an appetite outside of here.

12 minutes ago, hk blues said:

For Scotland, there is a far larger fish to fry. There's just no need and no advantage to be gained by discussing a republic when there's independence to be squared away first. 

The fact that it's the only way Scotland will ever be able to ditch the grifting touchers and have an elected head of state is almost moot. Sequencing. 

5 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

There is no debate, as to debate it would be deemed disrespectful - because only monarchists views are deemed relevant and appropriate by the media.

Obviously the same rules dont apply to their coverage of other issues (Brexit, Independence, climate change etc).

But, yes - there is an appetite outside of 

Let's see - because if ever there was a chance to have the discussion now would be the time - transition king with less appeal than the Queen or his son who will step up sooner rather than later.

I'll be frank, can't be arsed either way.  I reckon they're just about cosyt neutral all things considered and in any event they sure aren't giving back whatever they've got in the past from the country.