Monarchy debate/discussion

Richey Edwards

28 minutes ago, PossilYM said:

FB_IMG_1662747594939.jpg

Imagine the interview. 

"Why do you think you are the best candidate for this?"

"Well my mum did it for a very very very very very very very long time and I got to watch and I think I might be able to do it."

"Great.  Can you start on Monday?"

"Can you make it sooner?"

"Olay.  We'll send up Boris and Liz to finish her off.  Will that do?"

42 minutes ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Inheritance Tax does not apply to the Monarchy.     

Sounds fair. Not that I expect to inherit much of anything but they're better than the rest of us.

55 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:

I think he's got a good couple of decades left. The republic debate needs to begin at his coronation.

Remember “Oh What a Circus” from Evita. What were the lyrics again?

As soon as the smoke

from the funeral clears

we’re all gonna see - and how! -

there’s no need for Big Ears.

I assume the reason for cancelling the football but letting all of the minority sports go ahead is that they don’t want to risk the illusion of relevance being well and truly shattered when a significant number of football fans show up and don’t give a single f**k about her?

1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

I don't think he'll be there that long, but sadly can see one of his kids take over and there will be some heavy propaganda about modernising the royal family and the monarchy (whilst there are actual things like kings and princes and crowns and thrones and other laughable, pathetic anachronisms).

Would say it’s an absolute certainty. He’ll do 6 months in the top job and step aside saying they would have done it at the time but wanted to deal with the formalities as quickly and quietly as possible before letting the next generation lead the way.

Edited by Ross.

10 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

At times like this it's always worth a look at Rangers Media to lighten the spirits. Not sure we need to know more about Charlie's hole life though. :lol:

image.thumb.png.0212fe320f1850ffd00f9f035cdd7844.png

Knowing that he fantasised about being a tampon in his mistress' hole was more than I ever needed to know.

It'll be fun to see what other juicy snippets are released in the press when he makes even the mildest of criticisms of his government's policies.

6 minutes ago, BFTD said:

Knowing that he fantasised about being a tampon in his mistress' hole was more than I ever needed to know.

It'll be fun to see what other juicy snippets are released in the press when he makes even the mildest of criticisms of his government's policies.

Aye, a bit worrying that the old b*****d has been getting “prepared” since he was a day old to … um … keep his mouth shut and do f**k all … and he’s been singularly unable to manage it.

Incidentally, what does this preparation and training for the monarch-to-be involve? Are there exams? Special tests? If he failed it - as he clearly has - it appears there’s no penalty, as primogeniture takes no account of training or preparation, and is based solely on whose fanny you fell out of and when.

5 minutes ago, Antlion said:

Aye, a bit worrying that the old b*****d has been getting “prepared” since he was a day old to … um … keep his mouth shut and do f**k all … and he’s been singularly unable to manage it.

Incidentally, what does this preparation and training for the monarch-to-be involve? Are there exams? Special tests? If he failed it - as he clearly has - it appears there’s no penalty, as primogeniture takes no account of training or preparation, and is based solely on whose fanny you fell out of and when.

It was both amusing and disgusting to find out that Pronce Andrew was constantly pimped out to promote Britain and its interests, yet had to be watched at all times due to being a loud-mouthed arrogant embarrassment who was more interested in parties and feathering his own family's nest than doing any work.

Truly a divine family of exceptional talent and dedication.

Just now, BFTD said:

It was both amusing and disgusting to find out that Pronce Andrew was constantly pimped out to promote Britain and its interests, yet had to be watched at all times due to being a loud-mouthed arrogant embarrassment who was more interested in parties and feathering his own family's nest than doing any work.

Truly a divine family of exceptional talent and dedication.

At least his from-birth training taught auld Andrew to be generous with his free money. Good to his young acquaintances, so he is.

D24D767D-CFCD-442E-85FB-1594ED005272.jpeg

Bit late to this thread, although I'm a republican I'm not perpetually raging at the RF, mostly I just wish they'd go away (they can even keep their obscene wealth) I only get annoyed when they start lecturing us about the environment and how they're just like any other family - so that's just about every other day then!

11 minutes ago, btb said:

Bit late to this thread, although I'm a republican I'm not perpetually raging at the RF, mostly I just wish they'd go away (they can even keep their obscene wealth) I only get annoyed when they start lecturing us about the environment and how they're just like any other family - so that's just about every other day then!

I find a curious amount of cognitive dissonance going on with the monarchists - all the time, really, but particularly at times like this.

As you say, monarchists want us to respect the royals’ grief and privacy because they’re “just like any other family”. But at the same time, they want the Windsors to remain elevated above all other families, and put on display as sideshow freaks.

Monarchists are also busily shouting down anyone who condemns the historic acts carried out in the name of previous monarchs (because they’re nothing to do with her!). But at the same time, they want to claim that a benefit of the monarchy is that it’s an unbreakable thread running through history.

Monarchists are crowing about the royals’ impartiality and lack of political influence. But at the same time they’re claiming she’s been an invaluable asset to the major politicians of her day.

Monarchists are crying about the duty and devotion the queen displayed until death, as though she didn’t choose it. But at the same time, that means they’re supporting a system which literally works nonagenarians to death.

Monarchists are beeling at folk for daring to question the monarchy (because it’s apparently disrespectful at this time). But at the same time, they want the institution to be front and centre of people’s minds right now.