Monarchy debate/discussion

Richey Edwards

2 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

"Let's go over this one last time Your Majesty:  If a Qatari billionaire offers you Fortnum and Mason bags absolutely stuffed with cash, then you say... ???"

"... Where is that oaf Humphrey? I'm not carrying all this shite myself."

4 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

*couldn't help but laugh at an earlier BBC piece trying to tell us that the residents of Ballater "knew" the Queen, as if the occasional view or briefest of chats count.

I could point her in a police line-up.  Maybe not now but you know what I mean.

5 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

*couldn't help but laugh at an earlier BBC piece trying to tell us that the residents of Ballater "knew" the Queen, as if the occasional view or briefest of chats count.  Much like me "knowing" the shopkeeper I had a brief chat with in Huntly's Costcutter last week.  Complete and utter drivel, yet they've somehow convinced themselves that it's true.  

They were doing this yesterday - they kept repeating that the locals considered her “just a neighbour”. The image they seemed intent on pushing was the old girl farting about in welly boots, having a gab over the garden fence about how her Andrew was seduced by some dirty stopout on his holiday oor there.

2 hours ago, tamthebam said:

I can see the Daily Mail headlines

"Sick Scottish Football Website does not shut down in respect for The Queen

The vile website, Bile and Bovril, whose owner Div McDonald is believed to be a St Mirren fan therefore and one for the watching was full of posts from sick republican perverts. McDonald, was branded a love rat by his heartbroken wife who cradled her tragic tot daughter after revelation of sick McDonald's love trysts with willing football groupies,  whose Ruel Street mansion was besieged by an angry mob (Mason and Masonina Boyne) last night, refused to comment, but was believed to have been caged after an altercation broke out when his mother arrived"

2 hours ago, Antlion said:

Christ, if you could work “love rat”, “tragic tot” and “caged” in there somewhere, I’d suspect you work for them.

There

8 minutes ago, Antlion said:

Good - but “tryst” is a bit beyond the average reader. It has a whiff of the bloody Frog about it. What’s wrong with a good British romp?

Commie.

"Tryst" is a very tabloidy word, imo, but, just to keep you happy, I think It would have to be a "love romp".

6 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

"Tryst" is a very tabloidy word, imo, but, just to keep you happy, I think It would have to be a "love romp".

Fitting - and I’m sure that that better captures the “saucy scandals” of Div’s “racy past”.*

* For the avoidance of libel, this is all alleged by “a source”.

3 minutes ago, Antlion said:

Fitting - and I’m sure that that better captures the “saucy scandals” of Div’s “racy past”.*

* For the avoidance of libel, this is all alleged by “a source”.

"well informed source, believed to be close to the man at the centre of the scandal"...