Monarchy debate/discussion

Richey Edwards

1 hour ago, Aufc said:

I am not a fan of the royal family at all. However, I have wondered what Charles thought as he sat and watched his maw die and realised he was now king. Can imagine it’s a pretty big weight on your shoulders.

His shoulder tension was probably eased when he stopped pressing the pillow down.

2 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Is there film footage of Truss meeting Queenie? I've only seen what looks like a bad Photoshop job.

Quite clear she was rushed up and prepared for a 10 minute meeting. 

did think at the time she looked no far off from keeling over but still didn’t expect this soon.

42 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

In theory, CR3 should be the best King ever! He's had a 50 year apprenticeship FFS!

Fifty years of being shown to keep his political interference and affairs behind close doors, and still he could never master it…

11 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

So was I, that's shite. I might go for a pint.

Get down to your nearest Spoons, that loon Martin will have Lizzie Lager and Charlie Cider on special mourning draft and commemorative drinks flowing quicker than the printers and manufacturers will have the innumerable coins, tea-towels, plates and general tatt that about to appear in TV ads, the Sunday papers and the streets of London for the planting of old Liz.

This could be the massive boost to the economy that Truss is praying for, and a coronation later in the year to double dunt the mug gammon punters.

8 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

The Queen owned 16% of the Earth’s land mass. Now it’s Charles’. Tough gig right enough.

Should be interesting to see how they handle the Hewitt boy’s invitations for the funeral and coronation. 

He can also lay claim to any flotsam, jetsam or other shipwreck debris that washes up upon the shore.

How delightful.

12 hours ago, Clown Job said:

I think that ship has sailed 

With Charlie they don’t need to really pretend they respect the thrown.

They mislead Lizzie mind, imagine how they’ll treat Charles 

The what?

10 hours ago, Dunfermline Don said:

What sort of Coronation will be apt while the country is sliding into a deep recession and many are wondering how they can afford heating and food over the winter? 

The coronation won't be until next year, so it will be next winter we'll be worrying about.