Monarchy debate/discussion

Richey Edwards

On 19/05/2023 at 08:51, Satoshi said:

They make total arses of themselves on a regular basis.

Not sure that's "triggering" people.

hundreds of people in the "spotlight" do this on a daily basis; very few comment on those occurrences in comparison to those who (negatively) comment on Harry and Meghan. It is definitely many many people getting triggered by them for whatever their own reasons are. 

Someone on here said they reacted as they hated to see police time getting wasted. Not sure if that is US police time or any police time globally - nor am I sure what constitutes wasting police time and why anyone would take it personally. But was making it clear that was the issue and they weren't triggered by  Harry Windsor per se 😆

1 hour ago, KingRocketman II said:

hundreds of people in the "spotlight" do this on a daily basis; very few comment on those occurrences in comparison to those who (negatively) comment on Harry and Meghan. It is definitely many many people getting triggered by them for whatever their own reasons are. 

Someone on here said they reacted as they hated to see police time getting wasted. Not sure if that is US police time or any police time globally - nor am I sure what constitutes wasting police time and why anyone would take it personally. But was making it clear that was the issue and they weren't triggered by  Harry Windsor per se 😆

I assume this is aimed at me.

Given that I am a republican you'll find it isn’t just Harry and Meghan that trigger me but any of these fucking parasites. They are all c***s tbqh. This particular incident was also clearly trying to make some link to St Diana's death - they obviously thought the gullible arseholes would lap it up.

The sooner we get rid of this hereditary mafia, the better. 

Edited by DeeTillEhDeh

3 hours ago, KingRocketman II said:

Harry is only a public figure because he is a royal, he has achieved nothing beyond this (and never will).

Agreed that some actress claiming paparazzi is chasing her is a non story.

But because he's a royal it is, and it's another opportunity for republicans (like me) to point out how ludicrous this situation is.

Prince Harry isn't some master troll stroking his ego at people getting upset, he's repeatedly demonstrated he's just some fucking loser who hates the unbelievably privileged life he has.

Good. He isnt the only one, look at any royal family from the Saudis to the Saxe-Coburgs and you will find plenty of Harry's. It's a sad, lonely, pointless existence stealing from your fellow countrymen because you were born into the ruling family.

He's an attention seeking w****r and it's a good thing he's been called out. I imagine he's a insufferable p***k in real life too.

6 hours ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Given that I am a republican you'll find it isn’t just Harry and Meghan that trigger me but any of these fucking parasites. They are all c***s tbqh. This particular incident was also clearly trying to make some link to St Diana's death - they obviously thought the gullible arseholes would lap it up.

no idea if it was you. Just remembered the reasoning behind the comment. As I said, they seem to trigger both Royalists and Republicans equally. 

4 hours ago, Satoshi said:

Harry is only a public figure because he is a royal, he has achieved nothing beyond this (and never will).

But because he's a royal it is, and it's another opportunity for republicans (like me) to point out how ludicrous this situation is.

Prince Harry isn't some master troll stroking his ego at people getting upset, he's repeatedly demonstrated he's just some fucking loser who hates the unbelievably privileged life he has.

Good. He isnt the only one, look at any royal family from the Saudis to the Saxe-Coburgs and you will find plenty of Harry's. It's a sad, lonely, pointless existence stealing from your fellow countrymen because you were born into the ruling family.

He's an attention seeking w****r and it's a good thing he's been called out. I imagine he's a insufferable p***k in real life too.

as I said, triggered. Fair play to both of them. 

The thing about Harry/Meghan is that they're no longer full members of the RF and are closer to the Kardashians in that they make their money by being in the news.

Torn between thinking H&M are a bit "precious" and laughing at the RF supporters who buy the book (only to throw it in the fire) and watch the TV specials and then throw a brick at it.

Now they have to fund their own lifestyle they may even be the hardest working "royals".

5 hours ago, Satoshi said:

In fairness what do you think he could do that would constitute as an achievement given the circumstances he was born in to?

Without sharing an opinion on the royals in general or his relationship with the family surely his work with things like the Invictus games could objectively be considered good achievements no? 

59 minutes ago, RuMoore said:

In fairness what do you think he could do that would constitute as an achievement given the circumstances he was born in to?

Without sharing an opinion on the royals in general or his relationship with the family surely his work with things like the Invictus games could objectively be considered good achievements no? 

Was wondering a bit about that - will the BBC give it the same level of prominence now that 'Arry is persona non grata

9 hours ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

I’m quite enjoying how the otherwise useless and demonstrably thick Harry has inadvertently exposed the cultishness of monarchism. Just look at the venom extreme royalists are squirting at him. It’s unnervingly similar to the way Scientologists denounce those who’ve left the cult as “suppressive persons” and go out of their way to harass, mock, and undermine them.

9 hours ago, RuMoore said:

It's a bit of a chicken and egg thing, if you get paid millions to do nothing and are involved in some charity work - is this a great achievement?

If he wasn't a royal he wouldn't be a public figure at all.

I highly doubt the invictus games was his idea, the royals have dozens of PR people working for them, and I suspect his day to day involvement in it is fairly minimal. 

Like a really hard working royal putting in 80 work days a year.

But yes I do agree these people are pretty much set up to be failures from birth, and most follow this enthusiastically.

12 hours ago, KingRocketman II said:

no idea if it was you. Just remembered the reasoning behind the comment. As I said, they seem to trigger both Royalists and Republicans equally. 

as I said, triggered. Fair play to both of them. 

Fair play on wearing that nazi costume too, amiright?

Weird how awful attention seeking behaviour gets applauded  because it's "triggering".

Edited by Satoshi

5 hours ago, Satoshi said:

It's a bit of a chicken and egg thing, if you get paid millions to do nothing and are involved in some charity work - is this a great achievement?

If he wasn't a royal he wouldn't be a public figure at all.

I highly doubt the invictus games was his idea, the royals have dozens of PR people working for them, and I suspect his day to day involvement in it is fairly minimal. 

Like a really hard working royal putting in 80 work days a year.

But yes I do agree these people are pretty much set up to be failures from birth, and most follow this enthusiastically.

So aye as I presumed nothing would constitute as an achievement in your eyes given their circumstances. That's fair but it's also completely devoid of logic to then get upset that they don't do the very thing you're of the belief they're unable to do. 

6 hours ago, RuMoore said:

So aye as I presumed nothing would constitute as an achievement in your eyes given their circumstances. That's fair but it's also completely devoid of logic to then get upset that they don't do the very thing you're of the belief they're unable to do. 

Not at all, there are many things he could do to achieve something.

Living a normal life and not taking massive state aid would be one.

The king of Norway takes the bus around.

Most royal families live far less lavishly than the British royal family. Most royal families are far smaller.

Still, hob nobbing at some charity events has impressed you - that's the whole point after all.

Almost like it's a well executed pr campaign?

9 minutes ago, Satoshi said:

Not at all, there are many things he could do to achieve something.

Living a normal life and not taking massive state aid would be one.

The king of Norway takes the bus around.

Most royal families live far less lavishly than the British royal family. Most royal families are far smaller.

Still, hob nobbing at some charity events has impressed you - that's the whole point after all.

Almost like it's a well executed pr campaign?

Not at all but i accept your opinion that he'd achieve something if he used more public transport. 

11 minutes ago, RuMoore said:

Not at all but i accept your opinion that he'd achieve something if he used more public transport. 

It was actually an example of living a normal life and not gorging on state aid.

Harry is far too far gone for that, even the toddler is threatening  people to watch out when his dad  becomes king.

They are complete brats.

Still enough fools will bow to them, it really is wild.

On 20/05/2023 at 18:28, RuMoore said:

"Harry and his wife grew tired of being a wasteful burden on society and decided their new mission would be to rid the world of evil wrong-doers.  Over in America they had just uncovered a dastardly plot by the Joker, Lex Luther and the Green Goblin when they were spotted by the Paparazzi who gave chase.  Nobody appreciates the challenges of being superhero crimebusters in the modern age."

How about him getting a job, with a salary that he lives on and uses to raise his family? One that he works at 40+ hours a week, even when he doesn't feel like it. And which means he has to do without things he his wife wants because he can't afford them? You know, like almost everyone else on the planet.

Admittedly he doesn't appear to have much in the way of talent but the British taxpayer spent a boatload of cash educating him at Sandhurst. Even if he had to leave Iraq because "the media" exposed his position, there are plenty of other jobs he could do within the military without even leaving England's fair shores. Hell, they would probably have allowed him to pick any role he wanted.

But no. Why bother to earn a living when he can have millions of pounds of other people's money for free. And of course he deserves it because he's a Royal. At least, when it comes to the titles, the security, the handouts and the attention. Just not one when it comes to doing any work.

Edited by Shotgun

• 4 weeks later...

"The King has been graciously pleased to appoint the Queen to the Most Ancient and Most Noble Order of the Thistle."

It's many years since I first visited St Giles and in those pre internet days I supposed that The Thistle Chapel  was something that was medieval sacred.

1911 goes someway to dispelling the myth, in much the same fashion as this wee bauble.

Stay tuned for more honours, that's your official birthday honours, no less.

Gawdblessem