Monarchy debate/discussion

Richey Edwards

1 hour ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

For those of us not watching the London poshfrockfest, how are we proposing to spend the day? 

So far I've done 2 Duolingo units, and will do some more later, I've scanned the Politics Forum and am just about to make bacon rolls. Mrs Salt and Vinegar will, sadly, be watching the telly, so at least if something interesting happens, such as an asteroid strike, or a pissed-up female geriatric streaking across The Mall, I'll get to hear about it. Later on I'll be giving the garage a much needed clear out. 

Anyone got plans for a coronation-free day? 

Fake Festival in Lochee Park for me - booked long before they announced the coronation date.

1 minute ago, oldbitterandgrumpy said:

Spread two bags of grass seed on the back lawn last week. Looking forward to settling down in my comfy garden chair to watch it grow. 

If only you were in London. You'd have access to all the free fertiliser you could carry. 

3 minutes ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

"Fake Festival"? Is that a bit like a coronation but not involving lizards? 🤔😁

6 of the best tribute acts - REM, The Police, U2, Kasabian, Foo Fighters and Guns 'n' Roses.

Get pissed (or rather top up from yesterday and Thursday) and let my hair down.

3 minutes ago, Molotov said:

Spare a thought for all those foot soldiers having to walk through the horse shit?

Nah. 

Imagine camping out since Tuesday to get a vantage point next to the barriers, only for a horse to produce a huge 'speaker's lobby' 2 feet away. 

Shame. 

It's really just the icing on the latest contradiction for the British gammon.... The same types who were so staunchly opposed to "forgetting wur history" when some statues of auld racist dudes got moved, now gleefully waving through proper fash measures because they don't agree with the current brand of protest.

It's amazing how cheery they are about us having won the war, when by most measures they would have probably been happier if it went the other way.

Notice they keep referring to the coronation as a once in a generation event. Does that mean if (and he probably will) Charles snuffs it before 2053 we can't have another coronation until then ?

Just now, pawpar said:

Notice they keep referring to the coronation as a once in a generation event. Does that mean if (and he probably will) Charles snuffs it before 2053 we can't have another coronation until then ?

That only applies to certain political events. 

5 minutes ago, Musketeer Gripweed said:

What the f**k did Mike Tindall do win all those medals?

Maybe he beat the s#it out of the folk they actually belonged to? 

Whenever I see folk wearing medals, my mind goes back to Dastardly and Muttley. 

3 minutes ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

I can't be sure, but I think one of them is for the 25 yard doggie paddle. 

(This Q&A could run for a while.) 

He did explain on a rugby podcast what they were.

I can't remember exactly, but they were all basically for being a member of the family when certain events occurred - Jubilees, etc. Even he was embarrassed by it