Monarchy debate/discussion

Richey Edwards

Just now, Bairnardo said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-64812549

This article, from start to finish, should be enough to make any sane person's piss boil, but the way its written is just casual, like everything being discussed is just normal. 

News about a couple being "evicted" from a house they don't live in, or pay for. 

Apparently they are "seething". 

Just now, scottsdad said:

News about a couple being "evicted" from a house they don't live in, or pay for. 

Apparently they are "seething". 

The worst of it is the discussion about a turbo nonce kicking off at the prospect of being handed a 10 bedroom cottage, instead of the 30 odd bedroom mansion he currently pays f**k all for. 

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

The worst of it is the discussion about a turbo nonce kicking off at the prospect of being handed a 10 bedroom cottage, instead of the 30 odd bedroom mansion he currently pays f**k all for. 

When I first heard of Prince Andrew moving to a cottage, I made the assumption that he had been banished to somewhere more befitting his status -

image.png.24d636bc485eea90e77c3442678d2b15.png

3 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-64812549

This article, from start to finish, should be enough to make any sane person's piss boil, but the way its written is just casual, like everything being discussed is just normal. 

Nothing to see here. Move on now. 

What better family could one hope for to provide a hereditary Head of State, with the always useful "by the Grace of (a) God" as a back up to dissuade criticism?

11 hours ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

Nothing to see here. Move on now. 

What better family could one hope for to provide a hereditary Head of State, with the always useful "by the Grace of (a) God" as a back up to dissuade criticism?

"He is said to be resisting the offer of the smaller property"

It turns out he does know what 'no' means then?

On 10/03/2023 at 09:28, Rugster said:

I see we've got a new Chooky Edinburgh. Charlie bestows the title on Edward.

Thank goodness for that. Edinburgh was becoming a wasteland of depression in the absence of a figurehead from such a renowned family. The lack of a "Duke" was clearly having a hugely detrimental effect on the City, so the populace will no doubt be cheering in the streets this very day to celebrate the wonderful news. 

"Duke of Edinburgh". 2023. FFS. 

On 11/03/2023 at 09:43, Salt n Vinegar said:

Thank goodness for that. Edinburgh was becoming a wasteland of depression in the absence of a figurehead from such a renowned family. The lack of a "Duke" was clearly having a hugely detrimental effect on the City, so the populace will no doubt be cheering in the streets this very day to celebrate the wonderful news. 

"Duke of Edinburgh". 2023. FFS. 

He can fix the fucking potholes for starters

They interviewed some Capital punter on R4 on Friday about it and they said "I would care less but I can't be bothered putting in the effort"

Dear Duke of Wess... Edinburgh,

Can you do something about the graffiti? And getting the tram extension open earlier? And help Hibz n Hertz compete against the Uglies?

I realise your ducal in-tray will be full but these must be priorities.

A Flunkey.

5 hours ago, KirkieRR said:

Dear Duke of Wess... Edinburgh,

Can you do something about the graffiti? And getting the tram extension open earlier? And help Hibz n Hertz compete against the Uglies?

I realise your ducal in-tray will be full but these must be priorities.

A Flunkey.

I await examples of the positive impact of this latest "Duke".  No doubt the people of Edinburgh will be fulsome in their praise of his efforts.

Edit to add... Perhaps we should have a minute's silence in recognition of all the areas outwith Edinburgh that don't have a Duke.  How can they be expected to carry on? 

Edited by Salt n Vinegar

3 hours ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

I await examples of the positive impact of this latest "Duke".  No doubt the people of Edinburgh will be fulsome in their praise of his efforts.

Edit to add... Perhaps we should have a minute's silence in recognition of all the areas outwith Edinburgh that don't have a Duke.  How can they be expected to carry on? 

Haven’t you heard? Nary a tourist has set foot in Edinburgh since it’s been dukeless. Because that’s the only reason tourists visit anywhere in the UK, isn’t it? Because it has royals?

Right?