Monarchy debate/discussion

Richey Edwards

3 minutes ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

Pardon my ignorance, but is China mentioned in the Bible? Can't recall hearing about it at Sunday School. Maybe it came in a later session after I realised it was all nonsense and left. 

Aye did Jesus not order a Chinese takeaway for the last supper?

2 hours ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

Pardon my ignorance, but is China mentioned in the Bible? Can't recall hearing about it at Sunday School. Maybe it came in a later session after I realised it was all nonsense and left. 

I told that tale to illustrate what Reagan believed in, the Bible can be translated into many ideals, the reference in the Bible to "the Kings of the East" has been taken to mean China and is predominantly an American conception from years ago.

Noah’s son Japheth married a woman of the yellow race

However, the Bible does speak prophetically of China’s role in end-time events.

Revelation 16:12 

The sixth angel poured out his bowl on the great river Euphrates, and its water was dried up, to prepare the way for the kings from the east.

The land of Sin (Hebrew: סִין) or Sinim (from: Hebrew: סִינִים, i.e. the inhabitants of the land of Sin, or the people of Sin) is a biblical hapax legomenon that appears in Isaiah 49:12: "Behold, these shall come from far: and, lo, these from the north and from the west; and these from the land of Sinim."[1]

Some English versions simply transliterate the word, others translate the Hebrew as Syene or Aswan, and still others associate Sin with China. Sinim resembles Sinae, the Latinization of Qin, after the Qin state, founded in 778 BC, and the Qin dynasty, founded in 221 BC by Qin Shi Huang-Di.[2]

43 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

I told that tale to illustrate what Reagan believed in, the Bible can be translated into many ideals, the reference in the Bible to "the Kings of the East" has been taken to mean China and is predominantly an American conception from years ago.

The sixth angel poured out his bowl on the great river Euphrates, and its water was dried up, to prepare the way for the kings from the east.

The land of Sin (Hebrew: סִין) or Sinim (from: Hebrew: סִינִים, i.e. the inhabitants of the land of Sin, or the people of Sin) is a biblical hapax legomenon that appears in Isaiah 49:12: "Behold, these shall come from far: and, lo, these from the north and from the west; and these from the land of Sinim."[1]

Some English versions simply transliterate the word, others translate the Hebrew as Syene or Aswan, and still others associate Sin with China. Sinim resembles Sinae, the Latinization of Qin, after the Qin state, founded in 778 BC, and the Qin dynasty, founded in 221 BC by Qin Shi Huang-Di.[2]

Thanks for that. 

Ah yes, the Book of Revelation.. not covered much in Sunday School. The delightful old bats were concentrating on the "gentle Jesus meek and mild", miracles , and of course the rainbows being messages from God stuff during my attempted indoctrination. 

The Book of Revelation stuff must have been for the older kids who hadn't escaped by then. 

3 hours ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

To paraphrase Mason Boyne, it is if you jumble the words and letters about.

1 hour ago, Soapy FFC said:

To paraphrase Mason Boyne, it is if you jumble the words and letters about.

Ah, yes... good old MB.  What was it now? 

An anagram of Pope... Epop!

Another 4 letter word beginning with "e"? EVIL!  I rest my case.  

I think that was it... he'd be right at home in parts of the terraces. 

We need more honesty... folk should just say what they mean! 

2 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

I've said at various times that my degree was in theology.  I've also said that I was ok a church history and historical theology and pretty useless at Greek and Hebrew.

But I know enough to say, with a high degree of certainty, that this is utter bollocks.

However, it's par for the course for empty-headed ScotchNats like @SandyCromarty

1 hour ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

Ah, yes... good old MB.  What was it now? 

An anagram of Pope... Epop!

Another 4 letter word beginning with "e"? EVIL!  I rest my case.  

I think that was it... he'd be right at home in parts of the terraces. 

We need more honesty... folk should just say what they mean! 

The first part of this is it

7 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

I've said at various times that my degree was in theology.  I've also said that I was ok a church history and historical theology and pretty useless at Greek and Hebrew.

But I know enough to say, with a high degree of certainty, that this is utter bollocks.

However, it's par for the course for empty-headed ScotchNats like @SandyCromarty

Bloody New Licht Anti-Burgher...

A "laugh or cry" moment... "the King" is going to visit staff at an Aberdeen food bank. 

Few better ways to highlight how revoltingly unequal His kingdom is. 

"Your Highness...  would you like me to introduce you to some starving people?"

"Ooh, One should co-co, will there be nibbles? One is a bit peckish one's self, and Camilla loves a salami!" 

Presumably he'll be safe from the eggs on the trip as they're needed to feed the hungry. 

The only way the royal family continues to exist is that the sycophants have to believe that the royals are just a superior type of human being to them.

The fact it's increasingly obvious they are complete losers and weirdos can only help get us closer to consigning them to history.

As of now they are in full on defensive mode whilst they stuff the coffers for as long as they can. They know their time will be up eventually, just got to insulate future generations with as much taxpayer cash as possible.