Monarchy debate/discussion

Richey Edwards

I can't understand all the negativity around the happy couple. They exhibit the kind of qualities we so desperately need in the third decade of the 21st century. Ha effing ha.

The other day I mentioned Harry's apparent support for psychics when he seemingly used a woman with "powers" to try to get a message from his late mum. Now, it is reported in the book, when they had been together for about a year, Megan apparently visited Diana's tomb and laid her hands on it, hoping to receive "clarity and guidance“... from the corpse of a woman who had been dead for 20 years at that point. 

These are exactly what the modern UK needs. Folk in positions of influence who believe in the supernatural and who are unashamed about publicising it.  They might think that publishing this 'spiritual' drivel helps their case. Please no. Surely not? 

I'm sure the one thing we can all agree on is that the funniest thing about all of this is the seething royalists who held this perfect portrayal of the royal family in their deluded little minds who are now a seething mess over all of this.

Fair fucks to Harry and Megs tbqh.

32 minutes ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

I can't understand all the negativity around the happy couple. They exhibit the kind of qualities we so desperately need in the third decade of the 21st century. Ha effing ha.

The other day I mentioned Harry's apparent support for psychics when he seemingly used a woman with "powers" to try to get a message from his late mum. Now, it is reported in the book, when they had been together for about a year, Megan apparently visited Diana's tomb and laid her hands on it, hoping to receive "clarity and guidance“... from the corpse of a woman who had been dead for 20 years at that point. 

These are exactly what the modern UK needs. Folk in positions of influence who believe in the supernatural and who are unashamed about publicising it.  They might think that publishing this 'spiritual' drivel helps their case. Please no. Surely not? 

image.png.a66ffd23ed2aedc1f2530ada9ce6612d.png

1 hour ago, StellarHibee said:

I'm sure the one thing we can all agree on is that the funniest thing about all of this is the seething royalists who held this perfect portrayal of the royal family in their deluded little minds who are now a seething mess over all of this.

Fair fucks to Harry and Megs tbqh.

Indeed. The likes of the Mail, Telegraph, Express and various Piers Morgan-esque losers appear to be in a constant state of fury. If these two provoke just one aneurysm from one of these gammony fuckers, it will all have been worth it. Preferably uber-creep Piers Morgan. 

20 minutes ago, Benjamin_Nevis said:

Indeed. The likes of the Mail, Telegraph, Express and various Piers Morgan-esque losers appear to be in a constant state of fury. If these two provoke just one aneurysm from one of these gammony fuckers, it will all have been worth it. Preferably uber-creep Piers Morgan. 

Exposes the myth that the RF "never complain, never explain" they don't need to with their army of minions.

As an aside is their anyone 'Arry asn't offended with this book? Maybe he's a secret republican.

Oh good. Another newbie who joins a football forum and immediately heads for the politics section. 

Quick question for the Mods... Is there any chance of making it easier and faster to add undesirables to the ignore list? Maybe just click on the name at the top left of their post and then on an option saying something like "add to ignore list"? 

1 hour ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

Oh good. Another newbie who joins a football forum and immediately heads for the politics section. 

Quick question for the Mods... Is there any chance of making it easier and faster to add undesirables to the ignore list? Maybe just click on the name at the top left of their post and then on an option saying something like "add to ignore list"? 

TBH the only way to deal with this constant stream of sock puppet accounts is for some poor b*****d to mod the Politics forum regularly. 

Can't imagine there would be too many volunteers for that 😂

7 minutes ago, Benjamin_Nevis said:

TBH the only way to deal with this constant stream of sock puppet accounts is for some poor b*****d to mod the Politics forum regularly. 

Can't imagine there would be too many volunteers for that 😂

I'd do it. I would probably just lock every thread tbh.

ETA - I just realised that I have the power to delete this thread. You all have two hours.

Edited by Richey Edwards

37 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

I'd do it. I would probably just lock every thread tbh.

ETA - I just realised that I have the power to delete this thread. You all have two hours.

As long as you post a hamster pic before you lock it. 😀

2 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

If you all just reported the extremely obvious trolls then they'd go away quicker.

Aye but nobody likes a grass. 😉

4 minutes ago, MazzyStar said:

James O’Brien :lol:

Anyone taking sides in this farce needs therapy. The only correct response is to laugh at what a joke it’s all making of an institution we’ve repeatedly been told is about stability and tradition and duty (but which is in fact about money, class, and entitlement).

Reminds me a bit of an old French and Saunders show set in Versailles, where two of the toffs start glove-slapping each other whilst Dawn French, as a servant, mutters in the background, “remember … these are our betters.”

On 07/01/2023 at 10:16, Salt n Vinegar said:

William Holden was visiting President Reagan and Nancy in the White House, after lunch Holden had coffee alone with Reagan, after talking about various news items Holden asked Reagan as the most powerful man in the world if there would be a third World War, Reagan answered absolutely yes and the Chinese will start it, Holden taken aback by Reagans positivity asked him how could he be so certain, cos it says so in the Bible Reagan replied!

3 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

William Holden was visiting President Reagan and Nancy in the White House, after lunch Holden had coffee alone with Reagan, after talking about various news items Holden asked Reagan as the most powerful man in the world if there would be a third World War, Reagan answered absolutely yes and the Chinese will start it, Holden taken aback by Reagans positivity asked him how could he be so certain, cos it says so in the Bible Reagan replied!

Pardon my ignorance, but is China mentioned in the Bible? Can't recall hearing about it at Sunday School. Maybe it came in a later session after I realised it was all nonsense and left.