Monarchy debate/discussion

Richey Edwards

18 hours ago, Antlion said:

Impossible. It has to be one or the other. They either believe that their bloodline entitles them to higher social and political positions than others (in which case they’re supremacists) or they don’t believe this and accept those higher social and political positions anyway, which makes them con artists. The only other possible alternative is that they literally don’t think, and so lack the critical faculties to even recognise the link between their bloodline and privileged, superior statuswhich might be true in some cases.

Having higher social and/or political positions than others does not equate to having a sense of superiority or superior bloodlines.

You're really scraping the barrel now.

Edited by Johnny Martin

51 minutes ago, Johnny Martin said:

Having higher social and/or political positions than others does not equate to having a sense of superiority or superior bloodlines.

You're really scraping the barrel now.

Accepting superior social and political positions that are based on hereditary bloodline absolutely does equate to a belief in superiority of bloodline. And if they don’t believe that and accept those positions anyway, they’re just con artists.

19 hours ago, Antlion said:

Accepting superior social and political positions that are based on hereditary bloodline absolutely does equate to a belief in superiority of bloodline. And if they don’t believe that and accept those positions anyway, they’re just con artists.

Sorry, but I just don't think it does.

Agree to disagree?

55 minutes ago, Johnny Martin said:

Sorry, but I just don't think it does.

Agree to disagree?

Fair enough - though that does raise the question: why do you think royals and aristocrats keep subscribing to and accepting bloodline-derived higher social positions? I.e., rather than telling us what you think they don’t believe about their status and how they got it, how about telling us what you think they do.

Edited by Antlion

3 hours ago, Antlion said:

Fair enough - though that does raise the question: why do you think royals and aristocrats keep subscribing to and accepting bloodline-derived higher social positions? I.e., rather than telling us what you think they don’t believe about their status and how they got it, how about telling us what you think they do.

Who can forget, when lizzie pegged it, the big family discussion in Windsor as to who would be up for head of state next? Maybe it would be one of the local lollipop ladies, or that nice Marcus Rashford chap? Who knows, since none of them believe or support the system they benefit so well from.

1 hour ago, williemillersmoustache said:

Who can forget, when lizzie pegged it, the big family discussion in Windsor as to who would be up for head of state next? Maybe it would be one of the local lollipop ladies, or that nice Marcus Rashford chap? Who knows, since none of them believe or support the system they benefit so well from.

royals-monarchy.gif

I notice Sistah Space the charity represented by Ngozi "where is she really from?" Fulani is being investigated by the Charities Commission after online allegations of impropriety have been made.

Know yer place pleb!

On 16/12/2022 at 09:35, Antlion said:

I think they accept them because the social positions are their birthright.  They also have a duty to fulfil the roles in question.

1 hour ago, Johnny Martin said:

I think they accept them because the social positions are their birthright.  They also have a duty to fulfil the roles in question.

There we are. Apparently the royals happily profit - constitutionally and socially - from a system which elevates them solely due to “birthright” (and this in a supposed democracy), yet they don’t even believe that that bloodline is inherently superior to those denied the same privilege. They even think they have a duty to profit from higher positions based solely on birth. Dirty fucking b*****ds.

54 minutes ago, carpetmonster said:

Oh, agreed. I mean, she changed her name. Anyone who does that is obviously OFTW. 

True.

One hundred years ago, King George V changed the name of the British royal family from the German Saxe-Coburg and Gotha to the English Windsor

6 hours ago, carpetmonster said:

Jeremy Clarkson wins the Heads Gone thread in The Scum's internal Slack board. 

He's dreaming of MM naked and getting covered in shit? He's OFTW and it must cost him a fortune to regularly replace his spunk covered Tattersall shirt and his Brax corduroy kegs.

19 minutes ago, dirty dingus said:

He's dreaming of MM naked and getting covered in shit? He's OFTW and it must cost him a fortune to regularly replace his spunk covered Tattersall shirt and his Brax corduroy kegs.

Maybe he skelped Piers Morgan because it was actually a contest about who could crywank over her the most, rather than 'his wife's honour' as he reckoned at the time. 

I'm taking a perverse satisfaction from not knowing WTF is going on with Harry Windsor and his wife, and it'll be a disappointment when I inevitably find out, probably by being stuck on a long train journey near a couple of auld women gossiping about the whole thing.

However, she must be a total b*****d, as I don't remember seeing so much casual hatred for a person on newspaper/magazine covers, TV, the internet, and from passing strangers since Savile was finally outed. I'm guessing she must have killed Diana, Queen of Hearts and bragged about it on Netflix? I know they're involved somehow.

8 hours ago, BFTD said:

I'm taking a perverse satisfaction from not knowing WTF is going on with Harry Windsor and his wife, and it'll be a disappointment when I inevitably find out, probably by being stuck on a long train journey near a couple of auld women gossiping about the whole thing.

However, she must be a total b*****d, as I don't remember seeing so much casual hatred for a person on newspaper/magazine covers, TV, the internet, and from passing strangers since Savile was finally outed. I'm guessing she must have killed Diana, Queen of Hearts and bragged about it on Netflix? I know they're involved somehow.

Her skin is an unacceptable colour.  That’s all you need to know.

19 hours ago, Antlion said:

There we are. Apparently the royals happily profit - constitutionally and socially - from a system which elevates them solely due to “birthright” (and this in a supposed democracy), yet they don’t even believe that that bloodline is inherently superior to those denied the same privilege. They even think they have a duty to profit from higher positions based solely on birth. Dirty fucking b*****ds.

That's not how I see it Ant.

I don't see them as being elevated or profiting, but being born into unique positions where they serve their country for life.

Many on this board will have benefited from inheritances from their parents.  The difference with the Royals, is that they're getting a country.