Monarchy debate/discussion

Richey Edwards

20 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

Godparents, whether religious or not, can act as role models and help guide children spiritually, emotionally and practically. Most are honoured to be asked to be a godparent. Godparents have also been seen as the person or people who would care for or bring up the child should their parents die.25

The Unionists will be delighted that Billy’s role model and spiritual guide is a racist.

Would it not be more surprising if people who believe they’re the holders and guardians of superior, purer blood than everyone else were not racist?

Edited by Antlion

It is bad enough that politicians in this country have to swear an oath to unelected hereditary figureheads but as I understand it three elected members of the Quebec Parliament haven't been allowed to take office because they have refused to do so. Pathetic, servile nonsense. 

(Source - https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/dec/01/canada-quebec-end-elected-official-oath-king-charles) 

Welcome to 21st Century democracy. 

23 hours ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

This is just priceless from Johnson's former mistress......

https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/in-defence-of-lady-susan-hussey/#comments-container

The most astonishing aspect of that article is that it was actually published. It makes the magazine itself, the writer of the article and the subject appear ridiculous (as, in reality, they all are), but that couldn't have been the intention.  Petronella knows, presumably because she is Lady Hussey's Jiminy Cricket, that the woman does not have a prejudiced bone in her body.  And, to emphasise this point, she comes up with this conclusive proof. Not only was Lady Hussey prepared to marry some fucker called Marmaduke, she married him despite his having only one leg,*

And now we come to the crux of this tragedy. Susan Hussey has no prejudices at all. She spent much of her life married to a man called Marmaduke, who had one leg.

* Full beatification if she had deigned to marry Douglas Bader . . . or Arthur Askey. 

11 hours ago, Thane of Cawdor said:

The most astonishing aspect of that article is that it was actually published. It makes the magazine itself, the writer of the article and the subject appear ridiculous (as, in reality, they all are), but that couldn't have been the intention.  Petronella knows, presumably because she is Lady Hussey's Jiminy Cricket, that the woman does not have a prejudiced bone in her body.  And, to emphasise this point, she comes up with this conclusive proof. Not only was Lady Hussey prepared to marry some fucker called Marmaduke, she married him despite his having only one leg,*

And now we come to the crux of this tragedy. Susan Hussey has no prejudices at all. She spent much of her life married to a man called Marmaduke, who had one leg.

* Full beatification if she had deigned to marry Douglas Bader . . . or Arthur Askey. 

I heard, what I assume is the same Petronella, on Radio 4 the other day actually going with "but she's even got a few black friends."

18 minutes ago, Brother Blades said:

All this “she’s a very old woman” chat can get right in the bin!

If she’s too old to recognise racist undertones, she’s too old to be included in this type of function. Get her to f**k. 

It wasn't even undertones - she decided to go out of her way to tell a black woman that she wasn't properly British and never would be, based on her ancestry.

But she's not a racist. To be a racist, you have to lynch a black person with a burning cross in the background, while wearing Klan robes and yelling "I am a massive racist". I hope nobody's calling her a racist, because to do so will just make good honest British people with legitimate concerns regarding immigration feel victimised, and they might be forced to become racists because of their unjust treatment (having their opinions accurately described as racist).

It's all the fault of virtue-signalling lefty liberal woke radical people that I don't like, when you think about it.

11 minutes ago, BFTD said:

It wasn't even undertones - she decided to go out of her way to tell a black woman that she wasn't properly British and never would be, based on her ancestry.

But she's not a racist. To be a racist, you have to lynch a black person with a burning cross in the background, while wearing Klan robes and yelling "I am a massive racist". I hope nobody's calling her a racist, because to do so will just make good honest British people with legitimate concerns regarding immigration feel victimised, and they might be forced to become racists because of their unjust treatment (having their opinions accurately described as racist).

It's all the fault of virtue-signalling lefty liberal woke radical people that I don't like, when you think about it.

Forgot to lash out at the Tofu-eaters, David.

Sloppy posting, to be sure........................

28 minutes ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

Forgot to lash out at the Tofu-eaters, David.

Sloppy posting, to be sure........................

They have so little testosterone that it's just cruel to hurt their feelings even more.

5 hours ago, Antlion said:

Then what do they believe qualifies them as “hereditary royalty” and “hereditary nobility”?

The hereditary system that's in place.

Do you seriously think they reckon they've got superior, purer blood to the rest of the population?  Apologies if you were joking and I've picked you up wrong.

6 minutes ago, Johnny Martin said:

The hereditary system that's in place.

Do you seriously think they reckon they've got superior, purer blood to the rest of the population?  Apologies if you were joking and I've picked you up wrong.

A hereditary system is one based on blood and bloodlines. A hereditary system which prizes certain bloodlines as literally nobler than others implies an innate belief that those possessed of those bloodlines - and the upper class positions and hierarchy of titles which come with them - are superior to those of us still referred to in the media as “commoners”.

4 minutes ago, Antlion said:

A hereditary system is one based on blood and bloodlines. A hereditary system which prizes certain bloodlines as literally nobler than others implies an innate belief that those possessed of those bloodlines - and the upper class positions and hierarchy of titles which come with them - are superior to those of us still referred to in the media as “commoners”.

If you can find proof that the royal family consider their bloodlines to be superior and purer then I'll happily eat humble pie.