Monarchy debate/discussion

Richey Edwards

1 hour ago, btb said:

I see King Chuckles & his son are to stay away from Cop27 - committed environmentalists until it might affect the gravy train.

Anyone who flies around in a private jet does far more damage to the environment than any of us plebs 

Looks like the Tories are already trying to undermine the King

No chance would they have told Lizzie to do one

46 minutes ago, btb said:

I saw that and understand how the system works and they'll not be the only ones who are green up until the point where it costs them just that I reserve the right to scoff the next time I see them being described as "committed to improving green issues" or similar.

Heh, the Balmoral estate already wangled exemptions from Scottish Heat Networks Act using the Queen's consent power, and I suspect that Chaz 3 isn't going to be bothering to rectify that by complying with the rykes that everyone else in the land has to comply with. Though, TBH, I prefer his sort of hypocritical concern to the psychopathic indifference to the planet and the majority of the people who live on it that Liz Truss and her shower of broad-gauge looters are displaying.

17 minutes ago, Clown Job said:

Anyone who flies around in a private jet does far more damage to the environment than any of us plebs 

Looks like the Tories are already trying to undermine the King

No chance would they have told Lizzie to do one

Truss did one better - she killed her!

3 hours ago, btb said:

I see King Chuckles & his son are to stay away from Cop27 - committed environmentalists until it might affect the gravy train.

Now now, it's a fine line between criticising a Head of State and heresy. He's King by Grace of a God, you know AND a defender of "the" faith. It says so on the new coins so it must be true.  Best watch what you say - as should I. (Should, but probably won't.) 

Boak.

Of course the King can't attend a climate conference, the Tories want to get the country to frack. 

In the early 2000s reboot of Battlestar Galactica, they used "frack" as the substitute word for the bad f word as Mrs Doyle might have put it. Seems quite appropriate really. 

45 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

Don't know how he'd find the time for Cop27 anyway, given his other important work like visiting Dunfermline to officially declare it a city.

I wonder if he’s drinking blude reid wine and looking for sailor.

5 hours ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Never thought I would see the day that Chucky, Sturgeon and Leishman were in a room together. What a time to be alive.

I hope they both remember to curtsy and bow in the presence of the great man.

1 hour ago, Clown Job said:

Absolutely buggery mad mental.

Charlie Windsor has no qualifications which would make him valuable at vetting legislation.

Charlie Windsor has no democratic mandate which makes him accountable for vetting legislation.

Charlie Windsor’s sole right to vet legislation is based on the vagina he was yanked out of seventy-odd years ago.

The fact that any modern country allows this dimwitted, sausage-fingered frump any say on laws beyond a vote equal to anyone else’s is batshit insane - a travesty.

5 minutes ago, Antlion said:

Charlie Windsor has no qualifications which would make him valuable at vetting legislation.

Charlie Windsor has no democratic mandate which makes him accountable for vetting legislation.

Charlie Windsor’s sole right to vet legislation is based on the vagina he was yanked out of seventy-odd years ago.

The fact that any modern country allows this dimwitted, sausage-fingered frump any say on laws beyond a vote equal to anyone else’s is batshit insane - a travesty.

This is a scandal, I’m really disappointed in the SG for allowing this to happen & not legislating for FOI to allow us to know exactly what changes if any have been made.

King Charles proving pretty quickly he’s as big a c**t as mama. 

I agree with all that, but there's nothing new here, we've been living in a monarchy for centuries (other than Big Ollie C).