Monarchy debate/discussion

Richey Edwards

39 minutes ago, throbber said:

Is the queen actually on the coffin on display ?

No, thats not how it works, the body is traditionally in the coffin and not lying on top.

Probably best that a decomposing body is sealed in the box.  It could also be a frightening site for a number of gawking mourners and not really something that young children should witness.

Any more questions?

44 minutes ago, throbber said:

Is the queen actually on the coffin on display ?

Some think not based on uhmmmmm...

Not sure who are the bigger crazies, those queuing for a good few hours to see a coffin or those who think that coffin is empty.  It's a close one.

Rumour has it the guards are there in case IT rises from the dead and they can stick a sabre through ITs skull before it can start feasting on the flesh of the servile masses passing by.

If they fail The Zombie Apocalypse has a Royal Warrant to make it more British and Brexit friendly., non of your foreign zombies for the UK.

Or I may be starting to lose it with the BBC Mourn-Fest pushing me over the edge. 

14 minutes ago, philpy said:

Is anyone actually bothering to watch the funeral on Monday??

It will be one of these instances where you barely know of anyone who is actually watching it but it will be reported as the biggest TV audience in history. Smashing all previous records into oblivion.

Republicanism being discussed on Jeremy Vine now. Awaiting the onslaught of the outraged as soon as this All Saints record finishes...

Edit - actually TBF only sensible views were aired. Now interviewing people in The Queue though...

Edited by Lurkst

3 hours ago, Caledonian1 said:

No, thats not how it works, the body is traditionally in the coffin and not lying on top.

Probably best that a decomposing body is sealed in the box.  It could also be a frightening site for a number of gawking mourners and not really something that young children should witness.

Any more questions?

How embarrassing. Although I don’t regret the typo one bit.

My mum is no longer eating or drinking. Probably living the dream for her as she’s existing solely on morphine but you can’t carry on like that for long. I could probably set up a coffin for her in my lock up and charge folk to visit if they want to skip the queues and get to see another old lady, boxed up, that they’ve never met.