Monarchy debate/discussion

Richey Edwards

15 minutes ago, ParsJake said:

This has been very prominent recently, all this mince about "symbolising" and "personifying" things. It seems to be a way to try to kid on that the queen, and now the king, had/have a purpose.

You can symbolise, personify and represent as much as you like, you're still not actually doing anything.

We should all pick a noun to personify.

I'm going for ennui. Sigh.

6 hours ago, Soapy FFC said:

I've always asked for a German biscuit in the bakers, and I see no reason to stop doing this.

5 hours ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Not a patch on the Empire biscuits my wife makes, I bet.

Ah, the old German biscuit/Empire biscuit debate. Had this very discussion with a mate yesterday at a cafe in Edzell. Raised voices but German biscuit for me. A fight was averted because he pointed out to the server "that's no an Empire biscuit, there's nae cherry on top". Biscuit wars, eh?

Edited by The Skelpit Lug
Sp

10 minutes ago, BFTD said:

We should all pick a noun to personify.

I'm going for ennui. Sigh.

I had you down as an "anomie" kinda guy.

I'll go for the Marxist classic "alienation". I will personify alienation.

10 minutes ago, ParsJake said:

I used to be the very definition of anomie, but I just can't be bothered with that kind of thing anymore.

Perhaps the mods could stick you on everyone's ignore list for a while to help with the alienation. Pretty sure they did that with me once and, if not, they probably should. Sigh.

14 minutes ago, ParsJake said:

It’s hard enough keeping the fucking migrants from crossing the channel without having to deal with aliens.  No wonder Patel resigned, the ‘No Alien’ policy was a complete failure.  :angry:

The dead David Bowie must be pissing himself.

30 minutes ago, The Skelpit Lug said:

Ah, the old German biscuit/Empire biscuit debate. Had this very discussion with a mate yesterday at a cafe in Edzell. Raised voices but German biscuit for me. A fight was averted because he pointed out to the server "that's no an Empire biscuit, there's nae cherry on top". Biscuit wars, eh?

I once spent three days in bunker at Edzell Golf Course.  At least it seemed like that.

38 minutes ago, The Skelpit Lug said:

This could open up a debate worthy of it's own thread. I can't remember the last time I had one with a cherry on, it's always been a jelly dew drop.

23 minutes ago, Soapy FFC said:

This could open up a debate worthy of it's own thread. I can't remember the last time I had one with a cherry on, it's always been a jelly dew drop.

There was a dedicated thread.

The sooner we have Independence then can enforce a Dundee dictatorship the better.

Lorne, cundies, Belgian Biscuits, pehs, circles, etc.

Edited by Granny Danger

1 hour ago, Mark Connolly said:

It would be hard to argue that he didn't incite violence...

45 minutes ago, FK1Bairn said:

Agreed, can't see what the two guys and Policeman did to be the ones in the wrong. 

If you have no idea what inciting violence means, sure.

Anyone here even paid inheritance tax?

Not your new king, who will be paying precisely £0 on circa £750m. Of course that's only the declared stuff (not that he's be paying anything on the 'undeclared' stuff.

6 hours ago, Boghead ranter said:

It'll be absolutely killing him that he's the only one not military uniform.

I hope.

That's what I was thinking. Although he seemed to be wearing one tonight at the vigil.

5 hours ago, Leith Green said:

This young lad was shouting peado at Prince Andrew - he got dragged out by two fat radges and the polis huckled him away......................good to see the guardians of law and order doing exactly what we expect.

Considering there's actual footage on Twitter of them assaulting somebody, you'd imagine the Growly McBeergut twins should be expecting a chap on the door.

Back in the real world, they'll probably be in the new year's honours list...they could always rename the Order of the Garter to the Order of the Training Bra and give it solely to nonce enablers.