Monarchy debate/discussion

Richey Edwards

2 minutes ago, Ross. said:

You may be right in that they will try this, but there are only so many photos of those fingers that the public will be able to ignore before even the most loyal or loyal subjects starts feeling ever so slightly nauseous about the c**t.

Let’s hope so.

35 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

This is what the world looks like when Kinky praises the SNP First Minister of Scotland for refusing to follow the King's proclamation concerning Protestantism:

33 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
35 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

This is what the world looks like when Kinky praises the SNP First Minister of Scotland for refusing to follow the King's proclamation concerning Protestantism:

Kinky proving that he will say absolutely any old shite to criticise the elected First Minister of a country he doesnt live in.

Chaps who claim to espouse constitutional change in Britain railing against someone who genuinely wants constitutional change in Britain.

This is the idiocy of P&B's diddies.

42 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Scotland's First Minister had the chance to make a stand yesterday.  Instead?  She shat the bed and signed off on 'protestant, unionist  and monarchist' stuff that I certainly wouldn't have.

You aren't the master you think so rise above the bating.

There is nothing in any manifesto or any narrative that would support anything but the responsible management that Nicola discharged.

4 minutes ago, sophia said:

You aren't the master you think so rise above the bating.

There is nothing in any manifesto or any narrative that would support anything but the responsible management that Nicola discharged.

She affirmed Britain as a nation.  I am fine with this.
She affirmed Scotland as a protestant country.  I am not fine with this.
She affirmed a hereditary monarchy.  I am not fine with this.

So I know you won't but try and talk me through which bits you think are ok in her 'responsible management'.

35 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Aye.  Nippy endorses Britain as a unitary nation-state and vaunts its hereditary and protestant monarchy - two of which I could never do -  but it's all about me.

Sounds right for most of the NatWits on here.

Which bit of going down to hold Charlie's feet to the fire on the Claim of Right was endorsing a unitary nation state?

6 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

Which bit of going down to hold Charlie's feet to the fire on the Claim of Right was endorsing a unitary nation state?

Well no need to "hold Charlie's feet to the fire".  The entire point of the CoR was for Scotland to have the same joint (Protestant) monarchs as England.

Your FM endorsed this bizarre anachronism yesterday.

Shame on her.

9 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

She affirmed Britain as a nation.  I am fine with this.
She affirmed Scotland as a protestant country.  I am not fine with this.
She affirmed a hereditary monarchy.  I am not fine with this.

So I know you won't but try and talk me through which bits you think are ok in her 'responsible management'.

1. No she didn't, she just obliged some nonsensical procedure in terms of a union of countries.

2. This British nonsense will, of course, cease in the early days of our new constitution.

3. Nicola played the smartest hand going and in doing so gained some traction with small c waverers.

3 minutes ago, sophia said:

1. No she didn't, she just obliged some nonsensical procedure in terms of a union of countries.

2. This British nonsense will, of course, cease in the early days of our new constitution.

3. Nicola played the smartest hand going and in doing so gained some traction with small c waverers.

OK so it was just 'crossed fingers behind the back' nonsense.

The lies you have to swallow to be a Nat, eh?

40 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Chaps who claim to espouse constitutional change in Britain railing against someone who genuinely wants constitutional change in Britain.

This is the idiocy of P&B's diddies.

Bit uncalled for this tbh. I agreed with your post and found it very entertaining.

4 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

OK so it was just 'crossed fingers behind the back' nonsense.

The lies you have to swallow to be a Nat, eh?

You are clearly dragging this down to a quite uninspiring low level and that's a place I'd rather not visit.

2 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Bit uncalled for this tbh. I agreed with your post and found it very entertaining.

Thanks for speaking up, young MS and sorry if my words were a little intemperate.  There is, though, a couple of valid points:

-The notion of a head of state being based on who yer da was is nonsensical
-The idea of a national (Protestant) church in Scotland is bizarre.

That Scotland's FM would willingly endorse these things is to her demerit.  And that posters try and defend this idiocy gives them no credit.

More surprisingly, I'm the only one calling her out on this.

9 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

More surprisingly, I'm the only one calling her out on this.

And no one else, oddly enough - least of all the state which demands it or it’s representatives, leaders and opposition, who also took part in it. Strange, that.

And no one else, oddly enough - least of all the state which demands it or it’s representatives, leaders and opposition, who also took part in it. Strange, that.
No no, this is legit and genuine, played with a straight bat......the one time "Nippy" has a chance to do something that meets the approval of "Kincardine" is by publicly making a show of herself and committing political hari kari, by choosing the moment of the Queens passing to start waving her arms about shrieking about religion and unelected heads of state. Shame on her for not doing it [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Scotland's independence & whether we have a ceremonial head of state & an official religion are completely different matters. Only Kincy is trying to link them.

I'm quite happy to have Chuckles III as our proddy king in an independent Scotland - right up to the moment that we have our referendum on becoming a secular republic, which I will happily vote for.

4 hours ago, Antlion said:

His wranglers have clearly been working overtime to make sure he’s seen to be out touching the poor and flouncing about in cosplay, but the man is an incompetent, unlikeable, entitled, self-indulgent, egotistical arsehole - and hopefully he’ll erupt in a torrent of explosive diarrhoea sooner rather than later.

Even in the event of this, I can’t see him or the government being willing to upset the apple cart with an abdication. They’re far more likely to just double down on the “you love him; everyone loves him; Oceania has always been at war with Eurasia” propaganda.

I wonder if Camilla might just tell him to shut his yap and behave himself now he's King 

The Mina to Charles' Navid if you like

Edited by tamthebam
The spellchecker put Kung instead of King. Odd