Monarchy debate/discussion

Richey Edwards

33 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

I, for one, never thought Stacey Solomon would be the voice of reason

It’s noticeable how often monarchists (the others in the video) fall back on parroting “but the queen is the best, most hardworking person who has ever or will ever live, and she’s NEVER PUT A FOOT WRONG [don’t talk about those times she has]”. Rather than defending the institution, they rely on daring anyone to criticise its most famous member, who is thought to be untouchable.

When she dies, they’ll struggle to trot out the same heavily personalised arguments in favour of Charlie. “He’s waited 70 years for his mother to die” hardly has the same ring as “she’s done her duty without putting a foot wrong for 70 years”. It’ll be a labour of sycophancy to whitewash Charles’s awkwardness and general history of scandal to produce “he’s been trained from birth to do and say nothing controversial” arguments. They’ll be unable even to press the “he’s apolitical” line, as his political interference is known despite government attempts to downplay it. He’s even been stupid enough to express his views on everything from architecture to Russia and tampons.

I suspect a lot of monarchists are hoping the unelected King Charles III and Queen Camilla won’t last long - although it’s hard to see how the vacuous King William and Queen Kate will be much better. Both are already known to be workshy, entitled, and useless - and they again won’t have the “LIFETIMES OF SERVICE AND DUTY” to play up (though we can expect William to be sold as a war hero who saved countless lives and personally flew helicopters fuelled with his own blood and sweat).

I see it was The Queen with the Duke of Kent that were in the balcony, I thought they didn't want to have any contentious royals on show. Has everyone forgotten him being brought up in the Italian courts just over a year ago.

The grand master of the Grande Oriente d’Italia (GOI) lodge, Giuliano di Bernardo, claimed in trials in 2014 and 2019 that linked the ’Ndrangheta with terrorism that he had a discussion with the Duke of Kent, the grand master of the United Grand Lodge of England (UGLE), in the early 1990s over infiltration of the Italian lodges in the south of the country by criminal clans.

“It was the Duke of Kent who suggested that I leave the GOI and create a new order,” he claimed. “I would like to point out that the Calabrian context was very concerning because Freemasonry there was much more extensive and powerful than in Sicily.”

If he's a safe royal then whole thing is rotten.

Edited by 101

5 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

It must make you angry, feeling some servile obligation to offer up an impassioned defence, despite having no argument to make whatsoever.

As I said, they cite non measurable, intangible qualities. "Her sense of responsibility and duty"?

What?

"She works really hard"?

Nope. I dont think any definition of working really hard can be stretched to what the Queen does.

She didn't feel more pain during the hard times for Britain, like the war. This is another myth that seems to get peddled. The public were shovelled onto the front lines, lost friends and family, had their homes bombed, had their kids evacuated, lived on rations. Did she?

And the most recent.... She's alone. She got significantly more time with her partner than any of the rest of us can ever hope for.

What she is, is someone who was born into everything she has. Never earned anything. Never worked for anything. Never made a decision because that capacity was removed from her predecessors in favour of democracy, but she stands to represent that past of dictatorship.

The long and short of it is she is a relic from a truly horrific system of class which kept people like us firmly under the heel of the haves. Her family was put there by virtue of defeating other rich families and thats it.

Aye, but apart from that...

11 hours ago, supermik said:

How much does Britain give in foreign aid to nuclear enabled India?

How much does Britain give in foreign aid to nuclear enabled Pakistan?

How much does Britain give in foreign aid to nuclear and space enabled China?

Tin hat is fastened!

11 hours ago, supermik said:

And what is your answer to the other three questions?

It's quite good fun when utter losers like this guy ask these questions, presumably to get a reaction so they can moan about "lefties" and "snowflakes"

"Tin hat is fastened" 😂

32 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

It must make you angry, feeling some servile obligation to offer up an impassioned defence, despite having no argument to make whatsoever.

As I said, they cite non measurable, intangible qualities. "Her sense of responsibility and duty"?

What?

"She works really hard"?

Nope. I dont think any definition of working really hard can be stretched to what the Queen does.

She didn't feel more pain during the hard times for Britain, like the war. This is another myth that seems to get peddled. The public were shovelled onto the front lines, lost friends and family, had their homes bombed, had their kids evacuated, lived on rations. Did she?

And the most recent.... She's alone. She got significantly more time with her partner than any of the rest of us can ever hope for.

What she is, is someone who was born into everything she has. Never earned anything. Never worked for anything. Never made a decision because that capacity was removed from her predecessors in favour of democracy, but she stands to represent that past of dictatorship.

The long and short of it is she is a relic from a truly horrific system of class which kept people like us firmly under the heel of the haves. Her family was put there by virtue of defeating other rich families and thats it.

All absolutely correct. 

As a public persona she’s relatively inoffensive, certainly in comparison to her late spouse or offspring. But similarly, there’s nothing engaging about her, nothing relatable or even really likeable. 

Nobody has ever offered a reasonable explanation to justify this utter farce. My mum defends it but even she said to me ‘it’s just always been the way my whole life’. 

And that’s it, effectively people have just been told to fall into line with this and it’s been beaten into them so relentlessly that it’s just been accepted. 

We supposedly have a free press and a democracy but there is not one mainstream media outlet, tv or radio, no politicians (other than some green good guys) that ever taken a step back and even questioned any of this. 

Maybe it just so happens that all of these organisations are pro royals and none of them question it or there’s something more deliberate going on there. 

29 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

Duty, hard work and service etc etc 

The malingering auld boot has sacked it off today for a holiday.

TBF it's a good tactic. She can pretend she is ill all weekend and get right on ot at the races and sack off Sunday too. 

To be fair to the old scrounger, she is 95 years old now, and shouldn't really be on the job, such as it is. Ordinarily she'd have been dumped in a granny farm in Dungeness twenty years ago.

Union Jack buntin is up, no UJ flegs so the St George’s will have to do. High tea made, lager chilled, games sorted,  just waiting on arrivals. If it’s for you or not, have a good weekend. GSTQ 🇬🇧 however my attitude could change after she pops her clogs, as the rest of them are arseholes x