FM23

ajwffc

16 hours ago, Merkland Red said:

It's getting a bit ridiculous.

I'm losing goals to a long kick from the keeper and the defender missing the ball every couple of games. I shouldn't have to set my defence to drop deep as I'm reading on the SI forum.

That happens occasionally with me but not that often. 

Just finished season 4 with Clyde (aye I've battered through it :lol:) and finally won promotion as champions after 8th, 5th then 4th placed finishes the previous 3. 

Jonathan Afolabi has been a key player for me up front the last few seasons if anyone's after a striker at that level. 

image.thumb.png.01436c945cd33abf00762c69ee46c59d.png

Didn't have a great start in the Championship with 2 defeats in the first 2 games but have since won 3 and drawn 1 from the next 4. 

image.png.224450a453274f5f66791166364ec63d.png

On 17/11/2022 at 13:28, NorthernLights said:

For the first time in a long time I'm actually enjoying a game of FM. I didn't bother with 21 or 22. Started a game as unemployed and ended up as Crawley manager. Currently sitting top after 10 games.

Knowing my luck there will be a patch that'll tweak the match engine and it'll all fall to pieces.

Screenshot 2022-11-17 132454.jpg

251617243_Screenshot2022-12-08144355.jpg.144e55c4577908d5768fc10912b034e8.jpg

Managed to secure promotion to League One, disappointed that the form dropped towards the end of the season and Wimbledon overtook us to win the title.

Doing a save to try and win all the British and Irish competitions at club level and almost completed Wales.  Managed a couple with Swansea University, but ran into a wall with them.  Somehow got offered the Bala Town job, who were easily the best in the country, and now just have the Welsh Cup to pick up in the next season.  League, League Cup and Scottish Challenge Cup won, with the latter mugging off a number of diddies on the way.  Queen of the South seem to be particularly friendly, having offered me a job 3 times in the 5 seasons I've played.

Just conceded a 95th minute penalty to rangers away, turned off computer before he even took it.

Tavernier isnt missin against a league one standard goalkeeper Ross Stewart given Clark and Gordon are injured.

Becomin too realistic this pish.

I'm the sort of player who always tries to play FM shrewdly. Buy small sell big, don't bother your arse with any big money big name signings, even when at St. Mirren for a few years so I'm quite loathe to spending on a big daft flashy signing.

But....given his arranged future transfer will be in the next update - this is probably the only chance I'll ever get to do this. Maybe I've hit one of those saves where his randomly generated stats have just not really taken him to the levels he can reach so I thought 'ahhh fuckit, why not'? £12m quid later this is happening. I've also had to utterly decimate my wage structure. My current highest paid player (by a distance) is on £13k a week - he's going to be on £24k.

image.thumb.png.cef9eebe2de9e220677816af2ca21955.png

It's not even as if I'm sweeping all aside at St. Mirren. We are regularly in the Europe League (never qualified for the CL yet) but don't trouble the big boys and I've not finished above third in the 5 seasons so far - though look like it might be on this season as Rangers toil badly - so it's not even like I've turned us into a force. I've just bought and sold really well until now.

Edited by djchapsticks

On 23/12/2022 at 17:20, djchapsticks said:

I'm the sort of player who always tries to play FM shrewdly. Buy small sell big, don't bother your arse with any big money big name signings, even when at St. Mirren for a few years so I'm quite loathe to spending on a big daft flashy signing.

But....given his arranged future transfer will be in the next update - this is probably the only chance I'll ever get to do this. Maybe I've hit one of those saves where his randomly generated stats have just not really taken him to the levels he can reach so I thought 'ahhh fuckit, why not'? £12m quid later this is happening. I've also had to utterly decimate my wage structure. My current highest paid player (by a distance) is on £13k a week - he's going to be on £24k.

image.thumb.png.cef9eebe2de9e220677816af2ca21955.png

It's not even as if I'm sweeping all aside at St. Mirren. We are regularly in the Europe League (never qualified for the CL yet) but don't trouble the big boys and I've not finished above third in the 5 seasons so far - though look like it might be on this season as Rangers toil badly - so it's not even like I've turned us into a force. I've just bought and sold really well until now.

Are you playing an original save? Or did you start your save after the last update (December 1st)?

It could be explained if its an original save, as youngsters weren't developing technically at all so were never getting close to their potential.

25 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Are you playing an original save? Or did you start your save after the last update (December 1st)?

It could be explained if its an original save, as youngsters weren't developing technically at all so were never getting close to their potential.

Yeah an original save. I thought that this was patched in though and worked retroactively in saves. 

Not sure though, there's plenty of regen youngsters who have gone on to wonderkid status.

7 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

Yeah an original save. I thought that this was patched in though and worked retroactively in saves. 

Not sure though, there's plenty of regen youngsters who have gone on to wonderkid status.

Yeah its been patched but youll likely see a lot of original youngsters still well below their potential if theyve missed 2/3 years of development as, especially at AI teams, it now takes a lot longer to develop players.

Won the Cinch Championship in my first season with Ayr United by 20 points. Dipo Akinyemi scored 39 goals on the way to the title. I also lifted the diddy cup so it was a delightful double season. 

Was attempting to build a squad for the Premiership last night and it was 4AM before I knew it 😂. This game really is a time sink.

Stumbled on a more iconic strike partnership than Sutton and Shearer here.

image.thumb.png.67b9b1603da881deee165a596510e54e.png

image.thumb.png.c1743ea96715a6539e21d1227f2bb753.png

They are a pair of absolute machines.

Both are in the database at the start of the game. Ratkov cost me £950k from TSC, Barisic £700k from Dinamo.

When all is said and done, they'll pull me around £25m each. Already parrying away £17m bids for Ratkov.

Thought I'd check the Premiership in my Scotland save, to see whats happened without me having any input.

583177051_cinchPremiership_Profile.thumb.png.a01f9cf9a56040486bf846177e6b3f7e.png

They've not even had a takeover. 3rd, 3rd then 4th in the the past 3 seasons so maybe European money? They spent £2.1m on their squad last Summer. Steven Ferguson been in charge since 2014.

Edited by RandomGuy.