FM23

ajwffc

2 hours ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

Yeah I think corners are a bit broken so defenders are scoring a lot, but strikers are going wild currently, Johnny Kenny scored 36 goals in a season for Queens Park fs.

Seen talk that near post headers from corners are broken.

Aye strikers are nuts, apart from the ones i have it seems. Seen people in the EPL complaining Haaland is hitting 50+ league goals.

Managed to finish 2nd in the Championship and win automatic promotion with Cardiff. This was despite having an absolutely rotten winless run of about ten games at one point. 

First game in the Premiership was away at Chelsea. We won 3-2. I thought that was a good time to stop playing for today.

I always play a game in the beta version as a big club just to get a feel for the game before I do a "proper" save, and I chose PSG this time. It's quite unsatisfying as I am swatting everyone else aside regardless of what tactic I use. Mbappe is a cheat code at Ligue Un level

Pre-ordered, saw what was being said on twitter, and as yet haven’t even opened the game. Will probably wait until full release and most of the big bugs (player development, corners) have been dealt with.

The player development bug was/is a game breaker. Players would only develop by up to a maximum of 3 points per attribute regardless of development method. Put the ky-bosh on the way I like to play. Compounded by SI admitting that they knew about it pre-beta release but still put it out there anyway.

4 hours ago, Rhys McCabe Hype Train said:

Pre-ordered, saw what was being said on twitter, and as yet haven’t even opened the game. Will probably wait until full release and most of the big bugs (player development, corners) have been dealt with.

The player development bug was/is a game breaker. Players would only develop by up to a maximum of 3 points per attribute regardless of development method. Put the ky-bosh on the way I like to play. Compounded by SI admitting that they knew about it pre-beta release but still put it out there anyway.

Think I've only looked at FM23 for about 30 mins. Is the player development bug fixed? 

2 hours ago, Homer Thompson said:

How do SI managed to introduce so many bug's into the game without actually making any significant improvements? 

Quite an achievement 

Think I've never seen this much backlash to FM and SI for a long time. Even people iike Zealand and other FM youtubers aren't happy with it. 

10 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Think I've only looked at FM23 for about 30 mins. Is the player development bug fixed? 

Think I've never seen this much backlash to FM and SI for a long time. Even people iike Zealand and other FM youtubers aren't happy with it. 

To be fair, I played an hour or so last night and I quite like some of the changes. The scouting seems a bit more logical and the squad thing is actually quite useful. But fundamentally it's the same game 

18 hours ago, Homer Thompson said:

How do SI managed to introduce so many bug's into the game without actually making any significant improvements? 

Quite an achievement 

They somehow manage to reintroduce bugs theyd previously sorted too.

Started a Saints save. Won my League Cup group undefeated. Drew with Hibs on the opening league game, then beat Motherwell. 

Celtic in the next round of the cup and its 1-1 for 80 mins when they get their 2nd penalty of the day. They then add a 3rd in the final moments.

Captain starts complaining im a hopeless manager and he wants to leave, because we got knocked out the cup earlier than he expected, while the board call me to a meeting and demand i improve or ill be sacked.

Its literally just FM22 with an updated database and the same beta bugs, as i had the exact same issues last year.

SI have got it wildly wrong this year, and its been coming for a while tbf.

14 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Captain starts complaining im a hopeless manager and he wants to leave, because we got knocked out the cup earlier than he expected, while the board call me to a meeting and demand i improve or ill be sacked.

No board meeting or anything but in 2nd season with Newcastle and just got similar in terms of unhappy players because I lost to Chelsea in the FA Cup quarter final. One being Renato Sanches who got fucking sent off making the task harder :lol: 

Just won a game 1-0 with an 81st min penalty that came off the post with the same player putting in the rebound. In previous FM's if a player hit the woodwork with a pen he just stood static as the ball came back out as obviously the same players not allowed to attack the rebound. Feel a bit guilty winning a game in this manner :lol: 

55 minutes ago, CM. said:

Just won a game 1-0 with an 81st min penalty that came off the post with the same player putting in the rebound. In previous FM's if a player hit the woodwork with a pen he just stood static as the ball came back out as obviously the same players not allowed to attack the rebound. Feel a bit guilty winning a game in this manner :lol: 

Clearly, the keeper got a touch and the player reacted to that. 

The keeper got a touch, right? :unsure2:

On 29/10/2022 at 10:27, Scotty Tunbridge said:

Yeah I think corners are a bit broken so defenders are scoring a lot, but strikers are going wild currently, Johnny Kenny scored 36 goals in a season for Queens Park fs.

Good to know this is the most unrealistic FM in years. I'll stick with FM22 but will check out QP on the Gamepass version on release day. 

Thats the full game released.

Almost nothing been fixed from the beta apart from moving some coaches about and fixing some data issues.

ME still the same and still has some game breaking issues.

Id recommend people try the demo before purchasing, as youd be far better just getting a transfer update for FM22 and keeping your money.

Astounded they haven’t changed the match engine. Why have a beta period if you aren’t going to change anything from user feedback. Looking forward to Jai Quitongo hitting 20+ goals a season each year and defenders struggling to deal with simple route 1 balls.

Edited by Scotty Tunbridge