FM23

ajwffc

It doesnt feel hugely different to 22, but i guess its now at the stage where most of the time it wont as theres not a huge amount of "big" changes they can make.

Im only like a month or two in and the new stuff is already kind of fading into the background.

37 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

It doesnt feel hugely different to 22, but i guess its now at the stage where most of the time it wont as theres not a huge amount of "big" changes they can make.

Im only like a month or two in and the new stuff is already kind of fading into the background.

Feels like it's time for the annual monthly subscription debate. 

I do not want to buy this. I know I will buy this. 

Feels near enough identical to FM22 for me at the moment too. 

Had grand plans to conquer Europe with Hearts before realising that our transfer budget is a measly £100k. Boo. 

1 hour ago, Sarto Mutiny said:
4 hours ago, Homer Thompson said:

In truth, if you have FM22 it really is not worth buying, unless you're like me and you just buy it every year regardless.

That's been the case for several years now. Does seem like they're not even bothering with the pretence of it being new anymore.

8 hours ago, Homer Thompson said:

I feel they - and various other developers that release certain games yearly - should do that. I am very reluctant to buy this seeing as I am a student and do not have the time to plough into such a time sink of a game.

On 21/10/2022 at 17:47, Richey Edwards said:

I feel they - and various other developers that release certain games yearly - should do that. I am very reluctant to buy this seeing as I am a student and do not have the time to plough into such a time sink of a game.

If you think you dont have time now wait until you actually have to work for a living and have a family etc!

On 21/10/2022 at 18:25, Richey Edwards said:

Releasing a new game every year is a risky strategy IMO. 

SI claim they would make less money by moving to a subscription model. I'd argue that if they actually made some effort to make regular improvements to the game then they wouldnt. At least it would get us away from where we are now, paying for a new game every year that clearly isnt even close to a new game.

Maybe if they could come up with a proper, workable MMO mode then a sub model would work. Not an easy thing to do unfortunately. 

27 minutes ago, Homer Thompson said:

If you think you dont have time now wait until you actually have to work for a living and have a family etc!

SI claim they would make less money by moving to a subscription model. I'd argue that if they actually made some effort to make regular improvements to the game then they wouldnt. At least it would get us away from where we are now, paying for a new game every year that clearly isnt even close to a new game.

Maybe if they could come up with a proper, workable MMO mode then a sub model would work. Not an easy thing to do unfortunately. 

Miles acting like the above tweet is a major feature :lol: 

23 minutes ago, Homer Thompson said:

If you think you dont have time now wait until you actually have to work for a living and have a family etc!. 

I was working full-time for over a decade before uni. I still found time for FM back then. There's always time for FM if you look hard enough. 

Anyway, I did actually buy it and have had a very enjoyable few hours with it. 

8 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

I was working full-time for over a decade before uni. I still found time for FM back then. There's always time for FM if you look hard enough. 

Anyway, I did actually buy it and have had a very enjoyable few hours with it. 

Fair enough. I know I had a lot more time as a student to waste on things like this than I do now.

Different subject - does anyone know anywhere selling the physical version with access to the beta?

ETA - never mind, I dont think you can. You have to order through Steam, Epic or MS Store for the beta. 

Edited by Homer Thompson