FM23

ajwffc

17 hours ago, Richey Edwards said:

I'm in my fourth season at Ayr United, and Wayne Rooney has been appointed Manchester United manager. He currently has them in 17th place.

Queen of the South somehow got promoted to the Premiership in about 2030 and appointed him manager in my game. He promptly got them relegated and he ended up at Kilmarnock in the Championship.

12 minutes ago, Cyclizine said:

Queen of the South somehow got promoted to the Premiership in about 2030 and appointed him manager in my game. He promptly got them relegated and he ended up at Kilmarnock in the Championship.

You see some weird and wonderful appointments in this game.

Chris Coleman got St Johnstone relegated last season. He got sacked and David Wagner is now St Johnstone manager. Thomas Frank currently has Motherwell anchored to the bottom of the table.

I have won two League Cups, a Scottish Cup, qualified for Europe three times and yet am only a "favoured personnel".

Oh, and the board have named the new stadium the Steven Nicol Stadium. REALLY??? WHY????

Edited by Richey Edwards

On 24/04/2023 at 14:12, Richey Edwards said:

I have won two League Cups, a Scottish Cup, qualified for Europe three times and yet am only a "favoured personnel".

Oh, and the board have named the new stadium the Steven Nicol Stadium. REALLY??? WHY????

If so that seems a definite change from FM22. I was an Ayr United Icon with 2 SPFL trust trophies a league 1 win and a Championship trophy (followed immediately by a relegation from the top flight).

However in the same FM22 save I managed to get Joe Chalmers to become favoured personnel as well which might raise questions about the in game honour system.

Edited by Oceanlineayr

26 minutes ago, Oceanlineayr said:

If so that seems a definite change from FM22. I was an Ayr United Icon with 2 SPFL trust trophies a league 1 win and a Championship trophy (followed immediately by a relegation from the top flight).

However in the same FM22 save I managed to get Joe Chalmers to become favoured personnel as well which might raise questions about the in game honour system.

If a manager achieved what I've achieved in the game we'd be building statues of him lol.

Turns out telling the entire squad theyre shit and you plan on changing them all as soon as possible isnt a great idea.

A 12 game winless run starts the season, before a brief upturn sees us going into January in 11th, 3pts off 12th and 10th.

Board want top half so suspect ill be for the off shortly, but the cull in January will be swift and brutal.

Anyone looking at Saints, avoid Liam Gordon. Hes an absolute disaster for me to the point im going to punt him once i find a new CB. Ryan McGowan and Morgan Boyes (£100k signing) currently starting there.

GK Jack Bonham (£50kish from Stoke im sure) and LW Liam Smith (same fee from Hamilton) the only other signings in the starting line up. Bonham as my keepers were shit, and Smith because i wanted pace on the left.

Alan Forrest and Josh Ginnelly should both be on the way from Hearts from a combined £80k up front (another £50k due on Forrest) to beef up the wings as im relying on Smith/McLennan just now and both dont really do anything (Drey Wrights been shit, Jamie Murphy has been shit, Wotherspoon starts in CM, Carey is back up to Wotherspoon).

Settled starting line up, now ive found form, has been...

Bonham

Brown - McGowan - Boyes - Booth

McLennan - MacPherson - Hallberg - Wotherspoon - Smith

Clark

Hardest part about playing as the club you support is ignoring real life performances.

Seriously struggling now on this game. There hasn’t been many versions that I’ve played with saves that I’ve done one season with and dumped because I simply can’t be bothered going on.

Got two saves on the go just now. Completed a season with Airdrie, undefeated in League One. Was going to go along the track of trying to sign & develop local players but I have the willpower/attention span of a gnat so the prospect of playing the save long enough to get the youth recruitment/coaching/facilities up to a standard to do that just doesn’t fill me with joy. Plus playing Charlie Telfer as a mezzala who then scores 27 league goals just seems a bit daft (subsequently punted to Inverness for £160k - club record fee).

On the other hand I have a save going with Benfica. Similar principal, but with the facilities etc already all maxed out. I really thought it would be a great save but with luck of the draw I won Champions League in season two and I’m like “meh I don’t really know what I can do now…”.

My only other thought would be to start a new save with Mozza’s DB with Campbeltown or similar and see how long it takes to get up the tiers. 

• 2 weeks later...

I was late to FM this year, as I wasn't impressed with the new features, so waited for a sale.

Currently on a custom database in my second season. Starting to think gegenpress tactics are a bit OP in this iteration...

1st Season.png

2nd Season.png

Tactics Season 2.png

Results part 1.png

Results part 2.png

Results part 3.png

• 3 weeks later...
On 17/05/2023 at 11:59, dburns said:

I was late to FM this year, as I wasn't impressed with the new features, so waited for a sale.

Currently on a custom database in my second season. Starting to think gegenpress tactics are a bit OP in this iteration...

1st Season.png

2nd Season.png

Tactics Season 2.png

Results part 1.png

Results part 2.png

Results part 3.png

Main thing that puts me off a save like that is the inaccuracies once promotions/relegations occur. Camelon and Syngenta in the Highland League for example. I know nothing can be done about it but just an irk. 

See there's a couple of 23/24 databases out already so might give one of them a go if the changes are up to date enough. Suppose if there's only a few minor things then I can update them myself.

Started a new save and let it pick for me, and ended up at Aberdeen.

Forgot how many loanees they have (5 or 6 of the starting line up are loanees), but been quite fun trying to take a realistic-ish approach to planning for the next season as early as possible.

Fairly comfortable in the top 4, with a fight with Hibs for 3rd, headed into January. Managed to get Joe Lewis, and his £5k a week wage, out the door without having to help pay his wages or pay him off, so chuffed. A collection of dross been told they can leave in the Summer so it gave me a minor war chest to help build.

Liam Scales and Hayden Coulson signed permanently, and Jamie Hamilton brought in from Hamilton, all in its under £1m initially for all 3, but over it once all the clauses are paid. Omeonga signed on a free from Livi and joining in the Summer.

Effectively just a GK and CAM away from having my team set for next season already.

GK

McCrorie - Hamilton - Scales - Coulson

Ramadani - Omeonga

Duncan - CAM - Duk

Miovski

Second string isnt looking too bad either

Roos

Richardson - RCB - Hancock - MacKenzie

Allardice - Barron

Besuijen - Cameron - Emslie

Bavidge

Duncan been great at RW, while Hancock/Emslie/Bavidge other youngsters who havent been great but done enough to be trusted. Allardice a £100k signing from ICT, while Cameron was signed from Dundee for £60k then loaned back to them.

Edited by RandomGuy.

• 1 month later...

Didn’t really know where to put this but I’m looking for a bit of advice. I’m looking for a reasonably priced laptop (up to around £750 ish) that can run Football Manager smoothly and that can also be used for work purposes. Cheers! 

21 minutes ago, BurghLoyal said:

Didn’t really know where to put this but I’m looking for a bit of advice. I’m looking for a reasonably priced laptop (up to around £750 ish) that can run Football Manager smoothly and that can also be used for work purposes. Cheers! 

I've got an Inspiron 5593, and it runs absolutely fine on that. It's got a 10th Generation intel i5 processor, and Intel UHD Graphics integrated so if you can find something of at least that spec you'll be sound (i would think, I'm still playing fm21)

33 minutes ago, BurghLoyal said:

I bought this earlier this year for £800.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/285258079638

Runs FM23 on 3D no bother and batters through the seasons.

1 hour ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

I've got an Inspiron 5593, and it runs absolutely fine on that. It's got a 10th Generation intel i5 processor, and Intel UHD Graphics integrated so if you can find something of at least that spec you'll be sound (i would think, I'm still playing fm21)

51 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I bought this earlier this year for £800.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/285258079638

Runs FM23 on 3D no bother and batters through the seasons.

Appreciate the input, cheers! 👍

• 2 weeks later...