FM23

ajwffc

51 minutes ago, Ron Aldo said:

The PS5 version specifically. 

I don't expect it'll be as in depth as the PC version but I don't really want to fork out of it essentially turns out to be a glorified version of FM Mobile. 

I've only got the PC version (wasn't sure if you were thinking of moving from FM22 to 23 or purely the PS5 version)

Having a look for the PS5 version on Google from what I can see there doesn't seem to be massive amounts of info in terms of reviews etc. Could be a warning sign as Sports interactive have a reputation for phoning it in a wee bit recently.

• 2 weeks later...
On 08/02/2023 at 21:25, Ron Aldo said:

I see this finally came out for PS5 last week. Anyone bought it and able to offer any opinions? I'm undecided whether to bother forking out £40 for it. 

If it’s the same as the Xbox version then it’s decent enough, basically the same as the FM Touch versions which were a stripped back version of the full game. Much better than FM Mobile 

Apologies for the FM21 content, but I found this quite amusing. The league in Slovakia splits like Scotland, but after 22 games, before playing each other again twice to make 32 matches. Newly promoted Kosice had a very decent season until the league split, and ended up only 3 points above bottom side Petrzalka. :lol: image.png.35dc6e8359d7a56cb47d51136fba98a4.png

Edited by Connor1874

• 2 weeks later...

Bought fm2023 with the last version i played being fm19. The europa conference league is fun, but theres bits to it im kind of wary of; the defensive options like trap inside/outside etc. Also barely seem to notice any difference in how inverted wingers play compared to inside forwards... might need to read a guide, yech.

Ross County seem to release all of their regens almost as soon as they generate, picked up a couple of promising players just by poaching them, idk if a bug.

Seems a good deal trickier to find players, the attributes are a lot more hidden now. Theres little things that are tried and true that still seem to work (looking at whoevers been relegated from the top flight, jumping into various international under 21 sides and looking about - if a 16 year old is in, say, a czech/croatian/serbian u-21 squad rather than the u-18s they tend to be shit hot) but im relying on scout reports and agent offers a lot more than before.

Think might be to encourage you to use a director of football but signing players is one of the most satisfying bits for me.

Edit: seems a lot harder to break through to competing for the league with thistle now, on fm19 the other scottish clubs tended to start making really dumb transfers and spend like £1M+ on players who are about 33 and will decline rapidly so you can beat them just by being smarter with your budget, but they seem a bit more canny than before. Maybe after a few more seasons it'll happen again.

Player wage demands are maddening, although ive probably goofed by pissing off every agent on the face of the planet. Managers holding permanent grudges against me for not playing one fucking loanee every single  game is annoying too.

Edited by Thistle_do_nicely

On 12/03/2023 at 15:23, Thistle_do_nicely said:

Managers holding permanent grudges against me for not playing one fucking loanee every single  game is annoying too.

Ange Postecoglou hates me because I didn't play a loanee in a specific position and specific role three seasons ago.

Started a Scotland save, in December 2022 Ange Postecoglu left Celtic for West Ham so they decided to think out the box for his replacement. 

Spoiler

image.png.713cce937a34b002f2275b460ee0dfe9.png

:lol: 

I'm in June now and predictably, he's thrown away the title back to Rangers as well as losing to them in the viaplay cup final and getting tossed out the Scottish Cup 4th round by Falkirk at Parkhead. 

edit - he also seems to have made Conor Hazard his first choice in the last few games of the season. f**k me talk about de ja vu :lol: 

Edited by CM.

On 12/03/2023 at 15:23, Thistle_do_nicely said:

Player wage demands are maddening, although ive probably goofed by pissing off every agent on the face of the planet. Managers holding permanent grudges against me for not playing one fucking loanee every single  game is annoying too.

I'm quite disillusioned by this years game so I made a save that releases all players from contracts, so you literally start with nil squad. I previously did it with Southampton round about FM16 or so and it was great fun.

Decided to start with Airdrie and immediately found that players that have never played anything other than Junior/Lowland League were wanting over £1k a week where the max I could offer was £400. Even players that were in League One are giving it the "don't think a move to League One is a good career move" or "don't think Airdrie have the financial muscle to meet my demands" (which is most probably true irl).

Swiftly closed game and haven't bothered again.

20 hours ago, Rhys McCabe Hype Train said:

I'm quite disillusioned by this years game so I made a save that releases all players from contracts, so you literally start with nil squad. I previously did it with Southampton round about FM16 or so and it was great fun.

Decided to start with Airdrie and immediately found that players that have never played anything other than Junior/Lowland League were wanting over £1k a week where the max I could offer was £400. Even players that were in League One are giving it the "don't think a move to League One is a good career move" or "don't think Airdrie have the financial muscle to meet my demands" (which is most probably true irl).

Swiftly closed game and haven't bothered again.

aye, its really hard to get reasonable wage demands for anyone half decent. was incredibly frustrating as good players initially wanted about £1k a week while I had Thistle in the championship, got promoted in the first season and just about everyone I was interested in signing was after £3k - £5k a week 😬

Looking at youth departures from the EPL worked ok as they often just want a few £hundred p/w and had good enough potential for the top flight. Even trying to loan players is a nightmare compared to FM2019 as everyone wants the bulk of the wages paid plus they get shitty if you don't conform exactly to their agreed playing time and will seemingly never do any kind of business with you again.

Have lucked out with loaning a couple of regens on youth contracts in for this season that are good squad players, need to bear that in mind for next season - clubs are less likely to want wage contributions if they're on a youth contract, but that can be slim pickings...

On 25/03/2023 at 17:22, Richey Edwards said:

Started a save with the San Marino national team.

Predictably, it is not going well..

Tried this on FM07. First game was a 15-0 defeat to Czech Republic which saw me get 4 men sent off. Gave up.

On 25/03/2023 at 17:22, Richey Edwards said:

Started a save with the San Marino national team.

Predictably, it is not going well..

I did this a few years ago with a custom database that added the San Marino league. I took over San Marino Calcio in the Italian leagues (pre-bankrupcy) and Tre Fiori in the Campionato Sammarinese. I managed to get SMC into Serie A after several years, but my initial plan to do it as a youth save was quickly abandoned. Was easy to get Tre Fiori to dominate the San Marino league and the European cash got us turning professional and building a new ground. Very slowly got the San Marino national team to the point of being vaguely competitive, would beat Andorra, Liechtenstein etc, and could play out scrappy draws against some bigger nations. The youth teams started to do slightly better and my U21s almost qualified for the European championships after about 15 years. Problem was any half-decent regen almost always had an alternative nationality and would switch to the higher-ranked nation instead of representing the San Marino national team. I eventually got bored with the save, but now tempted to dig it out again.

13 minutes ago, Cyclizine said:

I did this a few years ago with a custom database that added the San Marino league. I took over San Marino Calcio in the Italian leagues (pre-bankrupcy) and Tre Fiori in the Campionato Sammarinese. I managed to get SMC into Serie A after several years, but my initial plan to do it as a youth save was quickly abandoned. Was easy to get Tre Fiori to dominate the San Marino league and the European cash got us turning professional and building a new ground. Very slowly got the San Marino national team to the point of being vaguely competitive, would beat Andorra, Liechtenstein etc, and could play out scrappy draws against some bigger nations. The youth teams started to do slightly better and my U21s almost qualified for the European championships after about 15 years. Problem was any half-decent regen almost always had an alternative nationality and would switch to the higher-ranked nation instead of representing the San Marino national team. I eventually got bored with the save, but now tempted to dig it out again.

I managed to get a couple of wins against similarly lowly ranked nations and made getting absolutely pumped by 7+ goals by higher rank nations a thing of the past. We're only losing games by 3 or 4 now.

• 2 weeks later...