FM23

ajwffc

2 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Whilst that is great news, it likely means they won't put in any effort to improve the game as this is enough of an attention grabber for one year.

Have rarely played FM22 for this reason. Work Permit system in Scotland has been broken throughout FM22. They said on their forums a few months back they couldn't fix ithe work permit issue as it's more than convertional bug to fix. 

Edited by Lyle Lanley

On 13/09/2022 at 12:10, Big Fifer said:

The past few years it's been fairly pointless buying the game at the start - always seems to be some sort of glitch that takes weeks to patch. What was the work permit issue in Scotland? 

I think the work permit rules for Scotland just match the English ones in that a player needs to have so many points through national team caps, league they came from etc. to get a work permit. While IRL I’m pretty sure a lot of Scottish work permits are granted as the club can argue the player will make a substantial difference to the game up here. Hence why so many clubs have been able to bring in Aussies and even championship clubs brought in some foreigners from random leagues this season. It’d be quite hard to replicate that in FM but would be good to see some of change happen for 23. Basically more Brexit is shite type stuff.

I really didn’t enjoy playing in the UK for this reason. Found much more enjoyment playing Ligue 1, Bundesliga or La Liga (or their leagues below) saves. I even enjoy a spell in the polish top flight to avoid Brexit and got enough enjoyment out of 22.

35 minutes ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

I think the work permit rules for Scotland just match the English ones in that a player needs to have so many points through national team caps, league they came from etc. to get a work permit. While IRL I’m pretty sure a lot of Scottish work permits are granted as the club can argue the player will make a substantial difference to the game up here. Hence why so many clubs have been able to bring in Aussies and even championship clubs brought in some foreigners from random leagues this season. It’d be quite hard to replicate that in FM but would be good to see some of change happen for 23. Basically more Brexit is shite type stuff.

I really didn’t enjoy playing in the UK for this reason. Found much more enjoyment playing Ligue 1, Bundesliga or La Liga (or their leagues below) saves. I even enjoy a spell in the polish top flight to avoid Brexit and got enough enjoyment out of 22.

And this is part of the wider problem around FM and why it's so incredibly sterile these days.  It's incredibly difficult to model the little touches like that, so everything ends up incredibly static and rigid.  There's no context or life to any of the decisions made by the AI, and even slight advances in that would make the game way better.  Unlikely though, as it's probably something that's incredibly difficult to do at the sort of scale FM would need.

My only issue with FM22 was that I found it too easy.

Hibs and Scotland saves were fun because I had the attachment there but anytime I tried to manage elsewhere (ie I tried Forfar, Tranmere and a few others) it was just too easy, constant back to back promotions without any exceptional players or signings so I got incredibly bored quickly.

Ive already ordered the new game because I do enjoy it and it passes the time but hopefully they can make it a bit more realistic in that sense.

• 2 weeks later...
On 15/09/2022 at 14:01, Rhys McCabe Hype Train said:

New game retails around the £45 mark. Although ShopTo as per usual are the cheapest of the approved retailers to pre-order from at £31.

I’m an absolute mark for this game so I will be buying it. Then probably moaning lots.

Had it confirmed that Shopto are selling physical copies this year and buyers won’t have access to Beta or Early Access.

Cheapest I’ve now found is Fanatical, with a creator’s discount code (I used “PASSION4FM”) comes to £32.05.

20 hours ago, Homer Thompson said:

Someone want to summarise the video? 

Couple of quality of life improvements and addition of basically a glorified notepad and the licences for the European competitions have been added.

That's genuinely it.

Obviously the editor is a powerful tool but it's a bit shite SI aren't adding new leagues out of the box. I think the last league added was Gibraltar & obviously Japan is never going to happen due to Konami holding the rights. The most absurd example is Africa having only one playable nation. There's also the issue that add on playable nations can vary from simply activing the nation to ones that not only activate the nation but also do work on the data side.

Hopefully I can get into the game this year as I didn't much get into the two previous iterations as the various transitional covid related competition formats made using the editor a lot more difficult. I can use the advanced editor but having to deal with several years of competition formats complicates things somewhat.

Edited by GNU_Linux