Falkirk v Alloa - Sat 10th Sept

1 hour ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

You sort of feel Alegria hasn't really managed to get going properly yet with his injury and then suspension getting in the way of starting a run of games.

He's actually managed 4 goals in 459 minutes, or 5 complete matches which is pretty good. Even if he's usually taken off after an hour going forward he should end up on around 15-20 for the season. I doubt Malcom or Wilson are going to kick a ball for us this season so it's pretty much down to Alegria and Burrell to get the goals we need

Morrison and Oliver should also get a reasonable amount between them.

11 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Morrison and Oliver should also get a reasonable amount between them.

McGlynn sort of has the team playing int he style he wants now, and the starting 11 is almost nailed down. At some point he is going to then have to say to the likes of Oliver and Nesbitt, lets have some more goals out of you and spread them about a bit. Thats being a tad greedy though given the assists those two are laying on, but to win the title you have to be a bit greedy with your expectations I suppose. 

4 hours ago, printer said:

He did and both were proper striker's goals. I see that's four goals for the season. He'll likely go on to get ten to fifteen goals, which is a decent return as he has other aspects to his game.

Just feel you could be doing with another goal scorer to share the onus.  Might be wrong.

I think Alegria will kick on now and having Burrell on the sidelines knowing he has to play a blinder when he gets a chance is a good thing. 

Only Donaldson and McCann haven't scored a goal from our starting 11 on Tuesday, the goals have been spread around. 

I reckon the Jan window will be massive as it usually is.

2 hours ago, MrDust said:

I reckon the Jan window will be massive as it usually is.

I doubt very much if it will be massive for us in terms of additions. Financially we are absolutely stretched to the limit. None of our 7 or 8 players on full time wages and who won’t kick a ball this season won’t go anywhere for less than they are getting from FFC.

We would probably have to get three of them out on loan with us paying 50% of their wages before we would be in a position to bring in one player.

Guest Back Post Misses
9 hours ago, Duncan Freemason said:

I doubt very much if it will be massive for us in terms of additions. Financially we are absolutely stretched to the limit. None of our 7 or 8 players on full time wages and who won’t kick a ball this season won’t go anywhere for less than they are getting from FFC.

We would probably have to get three of them out on loan with us paying 50% of their wages before we would be in a position to bring in one player.

It all depends what, if any, investment comes in between now and Christmas. Increased gates must be helping too. 

18 hours ago, Duncan Freemason said:

As it stands for us a loan or two. I'd like to think a few of the players with a chance of another club post their Falkirk career might actually be thinking of making it happen in January, yep will probably involve us taking a bit of a hit but it would involve a saving of their full wage.

I've got the impression the pars ain't so cash rich either and a Scottish cup tie away to either evil twins could enhance either of us to spend.