Falkirk v Alloa - Sat 10th Sept

The stadium technically isnt in Falkirk or Grangemouth as it sits on no mans land between the two historic town boundaries, but it certainly isn't in Grangemouth which is FK3.

1416342034_Screenshot2022-10-19at09_34_20.thumb.png.378a629db2e96ad25b7412244455d6ef.png

The stadium land still sits outwith the urban boundaries of both on the council's latest development plan as well 

1023630809_Screenshot2022-10-19at09_26_16.thumb.png.84f80bc331679bf0706c0caf6e0ea91c.png

Clearly meant as a cheeky dig as per the Griffiths comments last season but tbf to the Alloa TV guys their commentary, camera position and camera work blows FTV out of the water. Would happily have them do all our games tbh 

Edited by NavyBlueArmy1876

1 minute ago, lanky_ffc said:

I didn't know he had those diagonals in his locker but fair play. Got us into some great areas early on.

It was noticable when he was at CH with Donaldson, when Henderson was injured that he was the one selected to carry the ball out of defence. It always surprised me a bit at the time that he must have been viewed as the better of the two at passing. 

Very disappointing last night. Last thing you want to do away to a good side is lose an early goal, or worse two, and we never looked like recovering.

From an Alloa perspective all three of Falkirk's goals were poorly defended. From a Falkirk angle they were well taken and deserved for a dominant and lively first half performance. We struggled to cope with Falkirk's movement and slick passing.

Not sure whether we were better second half because we upped our game or because Falkirk were happy to hold onto their lead. They were solid at the back, even if Donaldson looks like he's got a comedy moment in him.

We badly missed Scougall, as any team in this league would. Offord showed glimpses of his talent and should have had a goal. Sammon was, well, Sammon - little more than a nuisance, but nicked another goal. Finally, felt for Kevin Cawley; a great Alloa player, but exposed in a position that doesn't play to his strengths.

The Bairns v Pars battle for the title is going to be worth watching IMO. I know it's only one game I've seen, but to me Falkirk just look like they are a goalscorer away from being favourites.

5 minutes ago, printer said:

Very disappointing last night. Last thing you want to do away to a good side is lose an early goal, or worse two, and we never looked like recovering.

From an Alloa perspective all three of Falkirk's goals were poorly defended. From a Falkirk angle they were well taken and deserved for a dominant and lively first half performance. We struggled to cope with Falkirk's movement and slick passing.

Not sure whether we were better second half because we upped our game or because Falkirk were happy to hold onto their lead. They were solid at the back, even if Donaldson looks like he's got a comedy moment in him.

We badly missed Scougall, as any team in this league would. Offord showed glimpses of his talent and should have had a goal. Sammon was, well, Sammon - little more than a nuisance, but nicked another goal. Finally, felt for Kevin Cawley; a great Alloa player, but exposed in a position that doesn't play to his strengths.

The Bairns v Pars battle for the title is going to be worth watching IMO. I know it's only one game I've seen, but to me Falkirk just look like they are a goalscorer away from being favourites.

Donaldson hasn't put a foot wrong all season to be fair and the only time he was beat last night was a blatant foul . You could here the slap the alloa player gave him on the heid from my seat. The ref playing on was ludicrous but only one of many poor decisions from the usual league one standard ref.

3 hours ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Cheeky c*nts! Falkirk Stadium, Grangemouth, my arse.

2 hours ago, LeodhasXD said:

Your business listing on Google does state 4 Stadium Way, Grangemouth.

And @bairn88he likes positivity. Don't worry were still on speaking terms.

2 hours ago, LeodhasXD said:

The folk that do the maps have this though? 

Screenshot_20221019-071636.thumb.png.e109ef7584053b60f4efdaa97e27c2fb.png

Their ‘Bottom End’ certainly seems to be sore after last nights scudding.

Guest Back Post Misses
8 hours ago, Amarillo Bairn said:
20 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:
Yes. Order straight from the top to go on P&B and tell you what a lot of shite you are talking. 

You can disagree with my post mate but no need for the insults, you don't like insults to the board etc we all got different opinions on players etc

TBH it was meant in jest, but your reaction was pathetically predictable. Don’t get all sanctimonious now. 

23 hours ago, Shodwall cat said:

Donaldson hasn't put a foot wrong all season to be fair and the only time he was beat last night was a blatant foul . You could here the slap the alloa player gave him on the heid from my seat. The ref playing on was ludicrous but only one of many poor decisions from the usual league one standard ref.

I was thinking more of the time he nearly lost the ball and conceded a corner when trying to play the ball out from a goal kick. 🙂

37 minutes ago, printer said:

I was thinking more of the time he nearly lost the ball and conceded a corner when trying to play the ball out from a goal kick. 🙂

That was pretty much his first mistake in 11 matches. He has been excellent for us, our most consistent performer along with McGinn. And I would put that mistake down to 'dicking around a little bit too much' because we were 3-0 up rather than anything else. Tbf I'd rather he deliberately put the ball out for a corner than lost it to an Alloa attacker  

Edited by NavyBlueArmy1876

36 minutes ago, printer said:

Not sure what he and the keeper were doing there I must admit. Not something I've seen previously thankfully. 

3 hours ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

That was pretty much his first mistake in 11 matches. He has been excellent for us, our most consistent performer along with McGinn. And I would put that mistake down to 'dicking around a little bit too much' because we were 3-0 up rather than anything else. Tbf I'd rather he deliberately put the ball out for a corner than lost it to an Alloa attacker  

Yeap, overall I thought Donaldson and the rest of your defence were impressive. McGinn dealt well with Ross McIver's prowess in the air in the "number 10 role", cleverly using subtle pushes to put Ross off.

McCann was excellent going forwards at left back; strong, quick and decent on the ball. 

I follow Falkirk's form closely, particularly interested living in the town and having friends who are season ticket holders. I'm sure McGlynn will be looking to strengthen further in January, but I think you are close to being good enough to win the league. As I mentioned in an earlier post, I can't see much between Falkirk and Dunfermline at this stage.

55 minutes ago, printer said:

Yeap, overall I thought Donaldson and the rest of your defence were impressive. McGinn dealt well with Ross McIver's prowess in the air in the "number 10 role", cleverly using subtle pushes to put Ross off.

McCann was excellent going forwards at left back; strong, quick and decent on the ball. 

I follow Falkirk's form closely, particularly interested living in the town and having friends who are season ticket holders. I'm sure McGlynn will be looking to strengthen further in January, but I think you are close to being good enough to win the league. As I mentioned in an earlier post, I can't see much between Falkirk and Dunfermline at this stage.

No doubt about that, but finances will wreak havoc on his plans, I fear. Both Holt-based and Westminster misrule related.

On 19/10/2022 at 09:44, printer said:

Didn't Alegria score two on Tuesday ?

5 minutes ago, MrDust said:

Didn't Alegria score two on Tuesday ?

He did and both were proper striker's goals. I see that's four goals for the season. He'll likely go on to get ten to fifteen goals, which is a decent return as he has other aspects to his game.

Just feel you could be doing with another goal scorer to share the onus.  Might be wrong.

On 19/10/2022 at 09:00, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

tbf to the Alloa TV guys their commentary, camera position and camera work blows FTV out of the water. Would happily have them do all our games tbh 

Thanks for the kind words. Falkirk have a camera that they use for analysis beside me and about three guys manning it/recording sportscode. You could send that feed with fairly minimal changes to the current broadcast position and get multiple perspectives. The low shot they have now is better for closeup on the players to give it it's due.

But there's only so much you can ask volunteers to do (afaik FTV all are) and no one will want to touch something that isn't broken and is generating a tidy profit. While Falkirk are running a deficit asking for any equipment to improve the product is probably not happening and potentially, a few years down the line you might get another crack at the Premiership - why invest when $ky $ports will do it for you?

You sort of feel Alegria hasn't really managed to get going properly yet with his injury and then suspension getting in the way of starting a run of games.

He's actually managed 4 goals in 459 minutes, or 5 complete matches which is pretty good. Even if he's usually taken off after an hour going forward he should end up on around 15-20 for the season. I doubt Malcom or Wilson are going to kick a ball for us this season so it's pretty much down to Alegria and Burrell to get the goals we need