Falkirk v Alloa - Sat 10th Sept

17 minutes ago, lanky_ffc said:

Bit disappointing to lose the clean sheet so late but that was as easy a 90 as you'll get. If we can do that every home game we won't be far away come the end of the season.

Unfortunately, we only play 50% of our games at home. We need to improve away from home.

Just saying like. 🤔

23 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

On the game tonight, I thought Nesbitt had another fine game, he was full of energy and always looking for the ball. He has definitely benefited from the arrival of the new management team.

I went along tonight and thought the same, definitely the best player on the pitch for me. He really impressed me when Falkirk beat Airdrie 2-1 last season and while he obviously fell off after that he was excellent tonight, constantly picking the ball up in good areas and looking to cause problems. 

The first half hour or so was by far the best I’ve seen Falkirk play since they came down, though admittedly that is usually when they’re losing to Airdrie. The tempo and movement early on was excellent and while things were a bit sluggish in the second half, the game was done by then. I did enjoy Coll Donaldson turning a goal kick into an Alloa corner though :lol: 

I fancied Falkirk to win the league at the start of the season and having seen both them and Dunfermline properly now (I didn’t want to read too much into the 4-0 game earlier in the season), I think it will be pretty tight but I fancy Falkirk to just edge it. I suspect we’ll see both teams start to pull away a bit over this quarter.

Second best tonight and deservedly took nothing. Losing Donnelly and Scougall out our team from Saturday has had a profound effect. The narrow diamond was exploited well by Falkirk and system wise going to the three made us look better in the second and gave Cawley and Church the licence to get forward. Lo and behold we grab a goal from it late on although felt Cawley going off killed our outlet on the right for a fair stretch. Chalk it down to the long day at work for the part-timers. Far more important to pick up maximum points against Peterhead and Clyde.

And I tipped Falkirk to win the league so at least if you put in a bit of competition with the pars I won't look like a complete idiot.

10 minutes ago, LeodhasXD said:

Second best tonight and deservedly took nothing. Losing Donnelly and Scougall out our team from Saturday has had a profound effect. The narrow diamond was exploited well by Falkirk and system wise going to the three made us look better in the second and gave Cawley and Church the licence to get forward. Lo and behold we grab a goal from it late on although felt Cawley going off killed our outlet on the right for a fair stretch. Chalk it down to the long day at work for the part-timers. Far more important to pick up maximum points against Peterhead and Clyde.

And I tipped Falkirk to win the league so at least if you put in a bit of competition with the pars I won't look like a complete idiot.

Oooft, the look he gave (you?) after interviewer asked if “we’re struggling”! Felt for you there! 

Guest Back Post Misses
5 hours ago, LeodhasXD said:

Much better camera position than FFCTV. 

6 hours ago, LeodhasXD said:

Cheeky c*nts! Falkirk Stadium, Grangemouth, my arse.

9 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

Very comfortable. Game was over in 7 minutes. Alloa unable to cope with our movement. 
For Alloa just go back 15 years to Falkirk in the Premier League against better quality sides. Pass, pass and pass but get nowhere. Thank goodness we didn’t appoint him. 

Some folk would still have had ' Ricey' over McGlynn. Rice stated in an interview he didn't want to be a manager. I'm glad we didn't appoint him. Sadly I fear his gambling issues would have raised their ugly head again at some point. Think he's better as an assistant/ coach.

45 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Cheeky c*nts! Falkirk Stadium, Grangemouth, my arse.

Your business listing on Google does state 4 Stadium Way, Grangemouth.

And @bairn88he likes positivity. Don't worry were still on speaking terms.

Edited by LeodhasXD