Falkirk v Alloa - Sat 10th Sept

10 minutes ago, Amarillo Bairn said:

Don't think I'm getting my point across lol just ment he's best left back since Tommy to get us off our seats, after years off mediocre

Luke Leahy surely got you off your seat ? His goal vs Hibs in the playoff semi final was outstanding! You are doing a lot of full backs a disservice here.

I've been critical of McCann but fair play to the lad he's rolled his sleeves up and fought for his place and played really well despite McGlynn bringing in Mackie to be his no.1 left back. He's probably one of the best left backs in the division right now. Comparing him to the likes of ie Leahy, McQueen, McQuilken and McPherson is wild though. If we don't go up this season and McCann keeps up his form I think it's safe to assume he will be one that will be playing at a higher level than us. 

Sharp start that could have been 3/4 up before taking the foot off the peddle. Let Alloa back into the game, before hitting that crucial  3rd goal.

2nd half, opened rightly could/should have had a 4th, with Morrisons shot in the turn. Then held Alloa at arms length fairly easily until they made the subs.

Lost their shape from that point, Alloa came more into it & got a goal from the fannying  about we were doing.

Might have been closer, in the end, as play raged down in the home goal, after the ref let a hefty foul go, with the ball ending up being hacked off the line.

A comfortable enough 3 points, that could have ended up a scramble.

Would have liked to have seen Lawal, or others from the bench, for 1/2 an hour. As we know all about those who came on. Also a missed opportunity to pair Alegria & Burrell for a period, to see if that would work.

Edited by kiddy

A lot of Alloa fans expressing views that Brian Rice doesn't learn from his mistakes 

Not a lot he can do when the players can't seem to put a pass together though mind you 

we made it far too easy for fawkirk tonight . dismal stuff, i still can't get my head around him playing  Wee Kev at right back it's crazy stuff when you have Howie or Robbo who are better options 

and this punt ball tactic WTF ? it doesn't work but hey ho keep doing it  lads .

12 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

On the game tonight, I thought Nesbitt had another fine game, he was full of energy and always looking for the ball. He has definitely benefited from the arrival of the new management team.

I thought Nesbitt was possibly the best man on the park, although there were a few who could make that claim. Definitely not Alegria though, despite his goals. I sometimes think the sponsors let their weans pick the MOM?

Guest Back Post Misses
34 minutes ago, Amarillo Bairn said:
38 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:
You’ve not rattled cages you are just talking pish

Aye OK, your friends on the board tell you to reply that!

Yes. Order straight from the top to go on P&B and tell you what a lot of shite you are talking. 

1 minute ago, ShaggerG said:

I thought Nesbitt was possibly the best man on the park, although there were a few who could make that claim. Definitely not Alegria though, despite his goals. I sometimes think the sponsors let their weans pick the MOM?

I agree, I thought Nesbitt had a good shout for MOM. As you say though there were quite a few good performances.

13 minutes ago, Bigbri Bairn said:
33 minutes ago, Amarillo Bairn said:
My dad introduced him to me one night in the Tam Bain, and said he was best left back he seen, think he still stays in area

Tiger was class. A left back or a number 10 both brilliant

I don't ever remember Tiger playing that far up the park. He played as a sweeper when he came back to us but not midfield or up front.

Guest Back Post Misses
4 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

He gets us up the pitch though. You saw the difference when he went off. Nothing stuck 

Guest Back Post Misses
38 minutes ago, MrDust said:

Yeah we appointed Martin Rennie instead 😶😶

The huge difference now for us is we are a unit, everyone has a job in possession out of possession and how to defend and attack.

A good confidence booster for Saturday.

And just as well we did or we not have McGlynn 

Thought McCann, Nesbitt and McKay were excellent tonight. McGinn, Donaldson and Henderson solid as usual. Good to see Alegria get another two goals as well, looking forward to getting a better view of them on the highlights and fair play to Morrison for putting the second on a plate for him and generally playing well/ not being a greedy bas.

Keep bodying teams at home and picking up points away and we shouldn't be far away come the end of the season. Slightly disappointing to lose the goal near the end but tbf to Alloa they kept plugging away despite the game being over at half time.

Special mention to the ref who made some utterly horrendous decisions in what should have been an easy game to keep on top of