Falkirk v Alloa - Sat 10th Sept

Don’t know if the funeral being a week on Monday (and declared as a Bank Holiday) helps or hinders next weekend’s games.

The declaration of a bank holiday doesn’t really chime as a funereal event. Personally, I think the games will go ahead. It’s a hell of a leap if someone in the establishment tries to nail that as being disrespectful.

• 1 month later...
Guest Back Post Misses

Alloa will come and play, that’s Rices style, which will help the game as a spectacle.
wouldn’t be surprised if it was another draw  

Difficult one as alloa have been very much a mixed bag so far. Beating Airdrie but also getting pumped off a Dunfermline side that struggles to score many goals.  I'd like to think we should be able to edge it by the odd goal with it being on our patch and our home form has been excellent.

13 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

Alloa will come and play, that’s Rices style, which will help the game as a spectacle.
wouldn’t be surprised if it was another draw  

Yes, we will. Rice always plays with two up front and encourages the team to attack. 

You never know who is going to start, especially since we brought in a few at the end of the transfer window. Whether we play a back three (as I suspect we will) or four it's difficult to predict defence; Taggart and Devine were the two centre backs against Airdrie, but Stanger was ill and Howie came on for his first appearance of the season (after an operation and looked good).

I'm hopeful both Miller and Cawley retain their places. We'll keep the ball better with those two beside Robbo and Scougal. Which will be important IMO.

There’s a preview of tomorrow’s game in this weeks episode of the podcast. 

Preview starts around 15 minutes in if you want a pre-match listen. (Some recording issues this week so quality may be a little dodgy!)

Can get it on the link below or Spotify/Apple Podcasts etc. 

https://waspsnest.buzzsprout.com/

I think Kennedy has to start but it'll be interesting to see if it's Alegria or Burrell up top given how poor Burrell was on Saturday. Hopefully it was just a one off having McGinn as deep as he was in the first half as well we need him further up the park where he can dictate the play.

Hogarth
Yeats Donaldson Hendo Mccann
McGinn
Morrison Oliver Nesbitt Kennedy
Alegria

47 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

I think Kennedy has to start but it'll be interesting to see if it's Alegria or Burrell up top given how poor Burrell was on Saturday. Hopefully it was just a one off having McGinn as deep as he was in the first half as well we need him further up the park where he can dictate the play.

Hogarth
Yeats Donaldson Hendo Mccann
McGinn
Morrison Oliver Nesbitt Kennedy
Alegria

TBH, the only change I would make would Lawal in for Oliver to give us a bit more physicality in there. I think Nesbitt, Oliver and McGuffie are a bit too samey and I'd rather Kennedy was available to change things up if needed.