Falkirk v Alloa - Sat 10th Sept

Well, were we to lose (and I think we all know that getting beat here would hardly be a shock) then you can take your pick of what that might mean. It will be either “lots of twists and turns and this result decides nothing because it’s just a blip”, and there will be the Chicken Licken view that losing to Kelty and Alloa means the sky is falling in.

I am much less confident than I was pre-Kelty. I had concerns that a defeat against Dundee might damage the momentum we were building, and if Alloa beat us, then I think the damage is done.

For me, if McGlynn reverts to what we know is half way decent in terms of our defence, and the Nesbitt/McGuffie duet is brought to an end with at least one of them dropping out so we can get a bit of energy and drive into the attack, then the game is perfectly winnable.

I think Henderson will be important for us this season, but it looks like he is one of those guys who needs several games before he starts delivering.

Rather than predicting, I am hoping for a statement win……3-1.

Kudos to you guys for the free under 12s tickets when you buy an adult one, good way to get younger kids coming to games.

Rice played the same XI against Clyde as he did against Peterhead despite out deadline day signings. Guessing now he's had an extra week to see them in training, he might make some changes.

I imagine there will be a few goals, maybe a 2-2 draw.

McCann at LB. Yeats at RB if RW can't play.

Lawal to start in place of either Nesbitt or McGuffie.

The only real choice to be made should be Mackie or Henderson at CH.

Last week led me to a bit of despondency because I didn't expect to be so annoyed with McGlynn specifically. We need to never see that level of naivety again from him.

With our defence being a bit frail  IMO,  this game  worries me a bit

too early for Howie to be back i would think ,unless BR is planning on playing devine ? 

With Scougall back and offord seemingly a good replacement for Henderson it does give me some hope, 

So there could be a few goals here , Not including the obligatory Sammon goal of course   🙂

No messing about with the back four this week please, can’t be having McGuffie and Nesbit both starting either.

McCann back to left back to link up with Morrison down the left, even if it means bringing Hetherington into midfield next to McGinn so that Yeats can go to right back. Lawal and Burrell are due a start by now also.

I suppose lower league might go ahead, but OB units will be getting deployed all over the place. The Queen’s body going St Giles in Edinburgh for 5 days will lead to postponements. Can’t imagine a full card going ahead (if any games at all).