Gary Irvine’s Relegation Express vs Stirling Albion

12 minutes ago, Flybhoy said:

the right back for the Loons, the guy with the dreadlocks looked utterly abysmal and genuinely looked like he couldn't give a f**k and was deservedly subbed, were I a Forfar supporter I'd be of the opinion he shouldn't play again for the club

Easily one of our best players. 

No idea what you were watching, the poor bloke is constantly asked to attack & defend on his own down the right hand side, then once again had to go to CB because Irvine doesn't see the need to bring in more defenders. 

50 minutes ago, Flybhoy said:

Forfar could have been 2 or 3 up after quarter an hour in fairness but, as soon as the Albion got in front they wilted and seemed to chuck it, the right back for the Loons, the guy with the dreadlocks looked utterly abysmal and genuinely looked like he couldn't give a f**k and was deservedly subbed, were I a Forfar supporter I'd be of the opinion he shouldn't play again for the club, absolutely terrible display and attitude in my opinion, the latter the real concern. 

Second and third goals by the Albion were fantastic and worthy of a comfortable win, Carrick, Fotheringham and Leitch all excellent today as was Blair Currie in the opening spell in goal. 

Nditi seems a marmite player. I think he is a very good player for this level, but others think he's woeful.

58 minutes ago, TheClosingArguement said:

Easily one of our best players. 

No idea what you were watching, the poor bloke is constantly asked to attack & defend on his own down the right hand side, then once again had to go to CB because Irvine doesn't see the need to bring in more defenders. 

24 minutes ago, TheClosingArguement said:

Considering how they're all pish i dont think it's that much of a stretch. 

Only seen the guy for 45 minutes today but thought he was poor and his body language and general attitude terrible, very telling the manager hooked him at half time although, in fairness reading comments on here and talking to a couple of Forfar supporters at the end of the game said manager seems about as popular as a 💩 in a swimming pool. 

8 minutes ago, Flybhoy said:

Only seen the guy for 45 minutes today but thought he was poor and his body language and general attitude terrible, very telling the manager hooked him at half time although, in fairness reading comments on here and talking to a couple of Forfar supporters at the end of the game said manager seems about as popular as a 💩 in a swimming pool. 

He was subbed before half time injured. He's been one of our best players this season, though again that isn't saying much.

1 hour ago, Flybhoy said:

The injury to the boy Slater early on looked a bad one, didn't see what happened but he looked in serious pain that long period of treatment he got before being stretchered off, did he twist his knee on the pitch or something?

Think it was lower back. He jumped and either slipped or landed awkwardly jarring his back, so probably not another ACL injury for a Forfar player, but depending on his back could play next week or could be out 6 weeks 🤷‍♂️

20 minutes ago, RateofKnots said:

Noticeable radio silence this evening.

I assume its because they are busy trying to organise a piss up in a brewery.

They'll wait till midweek to say anything because they're mental enough to think if they ignore the problem it'll go away. 

I hope Slater's injury isn't serious but it highlighted several Forfar problems. All of which reflect back on the manager. The shape of the team disappeared, players all over the place, huge gaps that Stirling took advantage of, to name a few. To then come up with the master plan of playing Harkins in the hope of, well, only Irvine can answer that. But to have the arrogance of Irvine and actually think "I know what this game needs ... me" has to be the most ridiculous decision I've seen for some time, and there's been some competition this season. Harkins and Irvine on the pitch at the same time is one of the best comedy double acts I've seen. It's not as if their managerial skills can deflect from this. Their attempts off the field have also failed. There are good players in the squad, it's a squad built by Irvine, but he can't seriously think bringing on Harkins and himself is doing anything other than dragging morale even further down. It'll take some doing to turn this around. 

The situation we find ourselves in is of no doubt great concern to all fans including the fans who are currently Directors. I'm quite sure that behind closed doors discussions are taking place and surely it is now very close to the time when the Board have to come out and either back, or sack, the current management team. Backing them is perhaps the easier choice but there are few, if any signs of where or when a resurgence in our position will occur. Sacking means trying to attract a new manager to a Club in a very difficult position close to the bottom of the league with a limited squad of players not helped by injuries and questionable signings and further  depleted by the loss of two squad players, ie the current management team. The clock is ticking.