Celtic v Livingston

A visit from our bogey team on Saturday. 

Hopefully no European hangover, can see Ange making one or two changes, possibly Haksabanovic and Turnbull to start?

No matter how well we are doing domestically I never take anything for granted against a side who always make life difficult for Celtic,  a drama and injury free win will do me. 

2-0 with Maeda and O'Riley on target. 

6 minutes ago, thruthenight said:

Nouble > Hazard. 4-0 Livi.

Fr though, we're going to set up in our low block, completely give up possession and try and hang on for as long as we can.

1-0 Celtic, Maeda, 78 minutes.

I’ll take it!

1 hour ago, Henrik's tongue said:

I’ll take it!

Unfortunately so would I.

With Fitzwater still banned I'm not sure if the back line will really be up to restricting Celtic to one goal. 

Happy to be proved wrong.... The best chance we've got is if Celtic have a couple of players sent off early on please (make one the goalkeeper)

47 minutes ago, Durnford said:

Unfortunately so would I.

With Fitzwater still banned I'm not sure if the back line will really be up to restricting Celtic to one goal. 

Happy to be proved wrong.... The best chance we've got is if Celtic have a couple of players sent off early on please (make one the goalkeeper)

Pretty sure Fitzwater is back for this game, the red was just a one game suspension. His suspension for the cup was accumulation of bookings in the group stage 

image.png.cb93fa0df43c20ec9203eb933f4884fd.png

7 hours ago, Flybhoy said:

A visit from our bogey team on Saturday. 

Hopefully no European hangover, can see Ange making one or two changes, possibly Haksabanovic and Turnbull to start?

No matter how well we are doing domestically I never take anything for granted against a side who always make life difficult for Celtic,  a drama and injury free win will do me. 

2-0 with Maeda and O'Riley on target. 

Yeah I would personally rest Hatate as brilliant as he has been past few games, if we do end up a few goals up then mcgregor should also get the hook too.

59 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Yeah I would personally rest Hatate as brilliant as he has been past few games, if we do end up a few goals up then mcgregor should also get the hook too.

When I watched the match on Saturday, to me Hatate was the one weak link in the Celtic team.

12 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

When I watched the match on Saturday, to me Hatate was the one weak link in the Celtic team.

He can go for the killer ball too often but he was very good on Saturday I thought, seen him ping a 40 yard pass on the volley twice. Tuesday he and McGregor were two players who didn’t look out of place at all against Real. 

Edited by gannonball

44 minutes ago, gannonball said:

He can go for the killer ball too often but he was very good on Saturday I thought, seen him ping a 40 yard pass on the volley twice. Tuesday he and McGregor were two players who didn’t look out of place at all against Real. 

He was decent against Madrid, but I still thought he was the worst Celtic player on Saturday. 

28 minutes ago, Menga Bus said:

Yeah fitzwater is back. Think we will line up 5-4-1.

George

Devlin Obileye Fitzwater Kelly Motano

Omeonga Pittman Holt Penrice 

Nouble

Yeah, I'd be inclined to agree...need to hope Nouble has one of his big performances and can ragdoll their defence a bit. 0-0 is a fantastic result for us but I'd be happy if we keep it below 3

If it’s a defeat by 3 goals or less I’ll be content with that. There’s ambition for ya. Ofcourse I know what’s happened in recent years…

but I thought Celtic were unlucky not to go 1 up last night and with a bit more quality at other times they would’ve so it seems like we are all facing a different beast this year.

4-0 Livi

6 minutes ago, crispy said:

If it’s a defeat by 3 goals or less I’ll be content with that. There’s ambition for ya. Ofcourse I know what’s happened in recent years…

but I thought Celtic were unlucky not to go 1 up last night and with a bit more quality at other times they would’ve so it seems like we are all facing a different beast this year.

4-0 Livi

I get the feeling that, had say McGregor's shot went in instead of smashing the post or Maeda not got the ball trapped under his feet that Madrid would just have got annoyed and upped a gear to administer a pumping, like PSG when we scored in the first minute over there a few years ago. 

Would have been worth it though just for the buzz, even for a few minutes of taking the lead against Real Madrid, the champions of Europe. 

7 hours ago, ATLIS said:

Pretty sure Fitzwater is back for this game, the red was just a one game suspension. His suspension for the cup was accumulation of bookings in the group stage 

image.png.cb93fa0df43c20ec9203eb933f4884fd.png

Good stuff, i see he played in our reserves game against Accies the other day too, so should be up to speed to start this game.

If we can somehow manage to keep it 0-0 at HT we'll have a chance, no doubt Celtic will be full of energy coming at us but even with the 3 days rest i think it'll start telling on their legs 2nd half after playing Real and putting so much into that game. We'll need a wee rub of the green and some strong defending though, Celtic are flying domestically, think we were the last team to beat them last season, back in Sept.

0-0 or us sneaking it 1-0 with Nouble getting an early goal or Guthrie coming on and scoring a late one, but could just as easily be 5-0 Celtic. 

Interested to see if/how they work Abildgaard in to the midfield. Obviously no need for a big defensive midfielder domestically, but they can't just save him for Europe. Given that O'Riley and Hatate only have enough puff for half a match each I guess they can just get those two to job share one of the midfield spots and move McGregor up one when Abildgaard plays.

8 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Good stuff, i see he played in our reserves game against Accies the other day too, so should be up to speed to start this game.

If we can somehow manage to keep it 0-0 at HT we'll have a chance, no doubt Celtic will be full of energy coming at us but even with the 3 days rest i think it'll start telling on their legs 2nd half after playing Real and putting so much into that game. We'll need a wee rub of the green and some strong defending though, Celtic are flying domestically, think we were the last team to beat them last season, back in Sept.

0-0 or us sneaking it 1-0 with Nouble getting an early goal or Guthrie coming on and scoring a late one, but could just as easily be 5-0 Celtic. 

Just imagine if Postecoglou travels down to Brighton & Hove Albion on Friday for a job interview to replace Potter and, whilst travelling back ; he's on the M25 and strangely someone reports his car as potentially stolen. Bobs your uncle; he's at Sunbury nick overnight being strip searched by the Mets finest.

Unfortunately I suspect even that wouldn't put Celtic off their stride at the moment. I had hoped for a few niggling injuries following the European match but even that doesn't seem to be the case.

If it seems that I am clutching at straws at the moment that's probably because I am.

Fitzwater being back though is a bit of really good news. I would stick with four at the back though with Kelly playing a more deep defensive midfield role; his best position in my opinion.