Scotland v Ukraine (21st Sep)

Was it just me or did it feel like it took absolutely fucking ages for McGinns shot to hit the net.
I was sat in the East and it honestly felt like it rolled across the goal for a solid 10 seconds.

I was in the North Stand right behind it and could tell it was going in as soon as it left his foot. Was a very similar angle to the one I had when Blair Alston won the league, you're starting right down the trajectory of the ball and know the keeper isn't getting there, which is a brilliant feeling.

Wouldn't mind Alan Forrest getting a call up at some point, reckon he'd have scored given the same amount of chances Armstrong had, he's got a lot better shot on him anyway and would've at least hit the target. Seems to be playing in much the same position for Hearts and has scored 3 goals the last two games.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

2 hours ago, Ewan8472 said:

At this particular moment in time we have a shortage of quality centre backs.

e.g.  Grant Hanley , John Souttar are injured.

Are there any up and coming centre backs , Ryan excepted ?

Halkett has been unlucky with injuries too or he'd have been in the team about the same time Gallagher was, and is a lot better of a CB. Good at bringing the ball out of defence too.

59 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Wouldn't mind Alan Forrest getting a call up at some point, reckon he'd have scored given the same amount of chances Armstrong had, he's got a lot better shot on him anyway and would've at least hit the target. Seems to be playing in much the same position for Hearts and has scored 3 goals the last two games.

Alan Forrest is decent but would suggest he is quite a distance away from the squad, never mind the first team; and whilst Armstrong can be frustrating at times, he is a far far superior player to Forrest (if you are seeking to compare the two).

Aside from a lack of composure with his finishing, which is unusual for Armstrong (nor is he known for his heading ability), Armstrong had a good game and I would hope and expect him to start again on Saturday. 

Edited by KingRocketman II

I would also like to see successful former players from my team play for Scotland.

2 hours ago, AJF said:

It's shite like this that causes folk to believe in the nonsense that Rangers fans don't support Scotland.

As far as I am aware, there are no Scottish Rangers posters on here that don't support Scotland. And that's not to mention that the last time I have seen the figures were released, Rangers fans made up the largest proportion of Tartan Army members.

One look at your fans social media and fan forums disproves this bud.

Theres multi-page threads and comments sections of vitriol towards anyone that dares support Scotland amongst your support.

11 minutes ago, stressball said:

One look at your fans social media and fan forums disproves this bud.

Theres multi-page threads and comments sections of vitriol towards anyone that dares support Scotland amongst your support.

Disproves what, exactly?

I never said there aren't Rangers fans that don't support Scotland, I said that I've not come across any on here and we made up the largest proportion of registered Tartan Army members at the last count (that I know of).

7 minutes ago, AJF said:

Disproves what, exactly?

I never said there aren't Rangers fans that don't support Scotland, I said that I've not come across any on here and we made up the largest proportion of registered Tartan Army members at the last count (that I know of).

Disproves the notion that what I posted is “shite.” 

4 minutes ago, stressball said:

Disproves the notion that what I posted is “shite.” 

Ah, so we can use selected opinions and anecdotes from team-specific fan forums to form a fair representation of a whole fan base? As opposed to, you know, actual facts?

I was in the North Stand right behind it and could tell it was going in as soon as it left his foot. Was a very similar angle to the one I had when Blair Alston won the league, you're starting right down the trajectory of the ball and know the keeper isn't getting there, which is a brilliant feeling.
I can think of twice in my life this has happened to me, and one of them, strangely enough, was a Blair Alston pearler. You're right, it feels great

10 minutes ago, AJF said:

Ah, so we can use selected opinions and anecdotes from team-specific fan forums to form a fair representation of a whole fan base? As opposed to, you know, actual facts?

The only thing backing you up is a 2019 article post by… RangersNews.

It would be like me using CelticQuickNews.

1 minute ago, stressball said:

The only thing backing you up is a 2019 article post by… RangersNews.

It would be like me using CelticQuickNews.

How about the (at the time) Head of Digital at the SFA who was responsible for compiling the data?

Alan Forrest, he's better than James!

Just now, AJF said:

How about the (at the time) Head of Digital at the SFA who was responsible for compiling the data?

I actually knew you’d come back with this, almost four year old data is entirely redundant.

Would you say the majority of the % of Rangers fans amongst your support are pro-Scotland? 

26 minutes ago, AJF said:

Disproves what, exactly?

I've been going to Scotland matches for more than twenty years, and I don't ever recall being asked to name my club team.

Don't get me wrong. Two or three guys I know that are regular Scotland attendees are also bluenoses, but overwhelmingly the majority of big Rangers fans I've met, particularly through work, are pretty indifferent to the national team.

I've certainly no experience of any Rangers fan I've met supporting England, or even supporting against Scotland though. Often wonder if that's hammed up a bit by social media shenanigans. 

At no point in the past decade have I ever been asked by the SSC who I support and I go to all home games, near enough all the away games and generally fill in a whole manner of shite surveys for them when they send them out in the SSC emails.

Going by the replies to that twitter thread the data was compiled back when there was 10k members and there's now 38k so even if it was a decent sample size back it's not something I'd be using to prove anything either way.

Edited by Pie Of The Month

It’s actually quite shocking that one of the biggest fanbases in the country has lots of Scotland fans in it. I’d have thought most of the folk who go to Scotland games are Hamilton fans.