Scotland v Ukraine (21st Sep)

Just now, Lex said:

Certainly a much better half than the first 45 when they came here in June. We aren’t being ripped apart, so definite progress.
Seem to lack that bit of quality in the final third though. A draw is really no use here so we need to be more attacking and take more risks second half.

We look a bit better and Ukraine look a lot worse. Zinchenko a big loss for them. Clarke has set up to try and win 1-0 but that's who he is as a coach.

We've had plenty of nearly moments but not clinical and always wanting an extra pass. Game is certainly sitting there to be won.

1 minute ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Assault ffs 😂

I'd have been appalled if a Scotland player was sent off for that.

Assault maybe a bit harsh but was pretty much a rugby tackle.

Pretty sure the fact he had absolutely zero intention to play the ball and he's clattered him should make it a red.

The commentators keep debating whether it’s a goal scoring opportunity or not. Had it been a bog standard foul, I’d agree that the covering defender mitigates it to a yellow.

However, that was blatantly violent conduct. He should have been off without a shadow of a doubt and I hope the referee rewatches it at half time and bins him at the first hint of a foul in the second half. 

Just now, Empty It said:

Assault maybe a bit harsh but was pretty much a rugby tackle.

Pretty sure the fact he had absolutely zero intention to play the ball and he's clattered him should make it a red.

Zero intention to play the ball not really relevant since he wasn't last man.

I thought it looked horrific live but on the replay it's nothing like what people are saying on this thread.

The back four clearly working better for games like this. I wonder if Clarke will have the balls to employ it in a game where Tierney and Robertson are both available.

McTominay fantastic in midfield and Adams is excellent as a lone striker. McGinn and Christie both quiet. I think they could be replaced on the hour mark if they don’t make more impact on the game. 

We genuinely could be 2/3-0 up if we weren't crapping ourselves as soon as we got anywhere near goal. Christie should've put at least one away for sure. But very positive, despite losing Patterson getting injured and Ukraine not having either Stepanenko or Bodnar off for 2nd yellow/violent conduct respectively.