Scotland v Ukraine (21st Sep)

The timing of this divisive, fake mourning pish couldnt be worse IMO.

I think we are at an important point in Clarke's tenure. From the highs of qualification and the excellent performance v Denmark we have seemingly taken a backwards step in recent games, papped out of the World Cup and pumped by a bang average Ireland side.

I dont think it is unfair to say that the majority of fans, myself included, arent really arsed about the rest of this Nations League campaign and are only going because we've already bought the ticket. The apathy that was present before Clarke has suddenly crept back in and this whole sideshow before tonight's game will only divide the fans and feed that apathy.

Clarke needs a response tonight and to get the fans believing again but the atmosphere is going to be railroaded by whatever ends up happening during the "applause". 

An issue that could be easily avoided if the SFA had just been fucking normal.

Edited by Jacky1990

3 hours ago, velo army said:

Aye the performance in June left me feeling flat and that feeling hasn't exactly abated. I have a ticket but shan't be travelling for a total of 7 hours to see it.

I'll be up for it at kick off, but I'm still in a bit of a huff.

Me three. The build up to it all (vs Ukraine at home, vital match, questionable non-football pish being staged at the game) all feels horribly familiar.
I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Ukraine rumped us comfortably again. Depressed as feck, yes, but not surprised.

2 hours ago, lubo_blaha said:

“it's been a minority of fans from mostly one club” is interesting. Genuinely want to know which club he’s referring to as I know of at least five sets of fans who disrupted the silences/applauses over the weekend.

Don’t think it’s hard to guess what Club he’s meaning

2 minutes ago, Hoose Rice said:

A massive good luck tonight to Ryan Porteous who is due to make his international debut this weekend.

Well deserved and I'm sure he will cope just fine. 

The thought of him scoring the winner against Ireland on Saturday has me a wee bit excited. 

28 minutes ago, Hoose Rice said:

A massive good luck tonight to Ryan Porteous who is due to make his international debut this weekend.

Well deserved and I'm sure he will cope just fine. 

Quite impressive. Didn't know he could time travel between tonight and this weekend.

Not really a fan of the applause tbh. Minutes silences / applauses shouldn't be viewed as events that everyone needs to get a wee shot of in case they miss out.

See also: the ludicrous scenario where we see minute silences close to 2 weeks before remembrance sunday so everyone can get a wee shot.

On to the game itself, it's a huge game, but I don't feel any real buzz for it. The recent performances against Ukraine and Ireland have absolutely shattered the illusion that we had progressed and I fully expect us to huff and puff our way to a narrow defeat.