Scotland v Ukraine (21st Sep)

1 hour ago, BucksburnDandy said:

I know she was patron of the SFA but this is a daft decision typical of the stuffy boardroom types that run Scottish football. The SFA deserves the fine coming to them.

It’s all good, apparently we are allowed to use, it’s those pesky Russian Fans as a one off excuses, the Findlay defence 

7 hours ago, Les Cabbage said:

Interesting that this stats guy gives us a 67% chance of getting 2nd seed.

I’m assuming that’s as the best runner up given Ukraine are up there in his predictions too.

He had us as 49% chance of promotion and Ukraine also have a better shot of pot 2 than their 50% chance of promotion so presumably it’s looking good for the 2nd placed team in our group to make pot 2. 

I think it will be:

Gordon

McTominay-McKenna-Tierney

Patterson-Gilmour-McGregor-Taylor

McGinn-Christie

Adams

From our usual first XI, we have two injuries (Hanley and Robertson) and a further two players who are on poor form or hardly played any club football this season (Gilmour and Dykes). Jack Hendry, the natural replacement for Hanley, has also not been on the pitch much this season.

I think Hendry and Dykes will miss out but I do expect Billy Gilmour to start. Hendry misses out because I think McKenna is more sharp at the moment and can play the middle of the back three role effectively, Dykes misses out because playing two out-and-out strikers failed against the same opponent three months ago so I expect it to be McGinn and one other playing just off a lone front man, and I think Adams will get the nod given decent form for Southampton this season.

Gilmour gets the nod as he’s a key cog in our system and I think even without much sharpness, he will still be preferred to Ryan Jack or Kenny McLean.

I’m 99% convinced that Gordon, Patterson, McGregor, McGinn and Adams will start in the positions I’ve got them in. So that leaves the outstanding questions being:

- Tierney LCB or LWB?

- If Tierney is LCB, Hickey or Taylor LWB?

- If Tierney is LCB, will it be McKenna or Hendry at CB (I assume both would start if Tierney plays LWB)?

- Gilmour, Jack or McLean as the partner for McGregor?

- 3-4-1-2 with Dykes or 3-4-2-1 without Dykes? If it’s the latter, who out of Christie, Armstrong and Fraser will play just off Che Adams? 

I know she was patron of the SFA but this is a daft decision typical of the stuffy boardroom types that run Scottish football. The SFA deserves the fine coming to them.

Who do you think is going to fine them? UEFA are unlikely to be bothered by any disturbance unless it's violent or there are banners or the sort using offensive language.

13 hours ago, BucksburnDandy said:

I know she was patron of the SFA but this is a daft decision typical of the stuffy boardroom types that run Scottish football. 

Why?

She really is no relevance to Scottish football 

If your Ryan Jack this will be the 4th time he has participated in a minutes silence/applause since she died, and that doesn’t include the official silence they had on Sunday evening 

Given some of the discussion on here after Hanlley got injured I thought I'd post this from our coach on squad size. Funny that Steve Clarke considers 25 to be a larger squad I don't think many fans would see it that way. 

Going into the first game, I think we have got more than enough in the squad. I had already picked a larger squad of 25. Now I have lost two outfield players and a goalkeeper. If we pick up any more knocks or injuries, then I will have to assess it.

Steve Clarke

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/9489308/steve-clarke-scotland-fans-queen-tribute-hampden-ukraine/