Scotland v Ukraine (21st Sep)

1 minute ago, Alert Mongoose said:

A stirring rendition of 'The Bonnie, Bonnie banks of Balmoral' by the sounds of it.

The pipers went down well at the funeral apparently. Maybe get them up for a tune?

54 minutes ago, jagfox said:

I expected a minutes applause, tbh. Have the SFA got anything else planned?

Unless they have a video of her dancing to ‘Yes sir! I can Boogie!’ Then I am not interested.

Though a Piper playing Highland Cathedral or similar would probably be more fitting and fans may actually respect something like that.

I am old enough to remember the days of the massed pipe bands before the game and always associate them with Cup Finals or internationals. 

26 minutes ago, Dunfermline Don said:

Unless they have a video of her dancing to ‘Yes sir! I can Boogie!’ Then I am not interested.

Though a Piper playing Highland Cathedral or similar would probably be more fitting and fans may actually respect something like that.

I am old enough to remember the days of the massed pipe bands before the game and always associate them with Cup Finals or internationals. 

I used to love the bands when I first went. Scotland the Brave over FoS for me haha

2 hours ago, an86 said:

The SFA are requesting to UEFA that we can have a pre-match tribute to the Queen. Requesting a UEFA fine, essentially. Ten days of enforced grief was enough. Gie’s peace. 

what are the SFA thinking here? This is obviously going to be a shambles. why bring backlash to your doorstep? The days for mourning are finished. This has been done at club level all weekend. no reason for it at this game

30 minutes ago, an86 said:

What are we all going for then? Booing? Chanting? Mixture? 

I'm hoping for a rousing rendition of Flower of Scotland.

But I expect a really cringy mix of clapping, booing, chanting and general awkwardness.

A totally tone deaf decision which is especially crass given we are playing fucking Ukraine.

16 minutes ago, Jacky1990 said:

But I expect a really cringy mix of clapping, booing, chanting and general awkwardness.

A totally tone deaf decision which is especially crass given we are playing fucking Ukraine.

Prince Andrew chant has to be in the mix.

20 minutes ago, Jacky1990 said:

It's quite frankly insane.

There's really no upside to this. The mandated mourning is over, anyone who wanted to commemorate it has had ample opportunity to do so, it's divisive in a game that Scotland could really do with some decent backing, we're playing against a country that has lost immeasurably more than one 96 year old woman, and I can't imagine that any significant section of the support was calling for this.

I think I'll just sit down and stay silent, but plenty will boo and chant, and the media will use it as a stick to beat the Scotland supporters where convenient.

Edited by Adamski