The Official Liz Truss no longer PM but still a Clusterfuck thread

Clown Job

2 hours ago, ICTChris said:

I don’t think they’ll end up with 60 seats but the Tories could end up losing a shitload. The Lib Dems and Greens, weirdly, can chip away at the leafy  Home Counties vote while Labour can pump them in cities, as you’d expect, while adding the town vote in.

1997 had the Tories on 165 seats, I could see them getting less. 

I was visiting Canada in 1993 when the ruling Conservative party lost the general election and was reduced to 2 seats.

Strangely enough the BBC didn't have too much to say about it.

3 minutes ago, The Skelpit Lug said:

So it turns out the Office for Budget Responsibility did offer to look at Kwarteng's fiscal event but he declined the offer. That'll be a trashed economy without due process. Has to be a double resignation. Or removal. Totally unfit for purpose. 

The c**t should be getting the jail. 

1 minute ago, The Skelpit Lug said:

So it turns out the Office for Budget Responsibility did offer to look at Kwarteng's fiscal event but he declined the offer. That'll be a trashed economy without due process. Has to be a double resignation. Or removal. Totally unfit for purpose. 

“Good morning Prince Andrew, do you want me to review your talking points before your interview with Emily Maitlis?”

”No it’s OK, I’ve got it all sorted out.”

What these local BBC interviews tell us is that Liz Truss just can’t do it on a wet Thursday morning in Stoke. She’s a luxury Prime Minister. Although she is also shite in the big occasion as well.

Edited by ICTChris

8 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

I see Tory backbenchers are threatening to block the removal of the 45pc tax bracket.

Winning the leadership contest only to immediately face a rebellion doesn't exactly lay the foundations for a successful PM

I think that ship has already sunk.

Edited by Antlion

13 hours ago, Day of the Lords said:

Definitely the latter. She's a dreadful communicator.  

That's the thing with her.

Even if we leave aside her utterly demented beliefs and policies, she's incredibly shit.

The Boris Johnson schtick cut no ice with most of us, but it was possible to recognise a certain charisma and appeal, even if it was entirely cultivated and superficial.

With her though, there is simply nothing to redeem her in any eyes.  It's remarkable that you can become even an MP, never mind PM, by communicating in such an unskilled way.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

9 minutes ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

Truss and Kwarteng just enact what their corporate handlers tell them.

They have no ideas of their own.

Yes, they're puppets of the think tanks.

However, they could not be more willing to be.  They are true believers and were coming out with this dangerous shite over a decade ago.  At that time, there was little sign that such a path would lead the pair of them to Downing Street.

I think it's a mistake to see them simply as empty vessels, available for hire.  They mean it.

6 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

She's just a useless c**t isn't she?

Eh, straight up evil’s still a likely favorite: 

Benefit claimants face a real-terms cut to their incomes next year as the Prime Minister Liz Trussand Chancellor Kwasi Kwarteng seek to claw back the Government’s spiralling spending.

i understands ministers are considering not increasing benefits in line with inflation and instead basing the uprating on other economic figures such as earnings, which would be lower.

This would mean that income for the poorest households would fall well below the increasing cost of living for another 12 months.

Experts said basing the increase on earnings instead of inflation would amount to a cut of four percentage points and cost the average low-income working family with two children more than £1,000 a year.

https://inews.co.uk/news/politics/benefits-real-terms-cut-liz-truss-kwasi-kwarteng-claw-back-costs-1885824

4 minutes ago, carpetmonster said:

Eh, straight up evil’s still a likely favorite: 

Benefit claimants face a real-terms cut to their incomes next year as the Prime Minister Liz Trussand Chancellor Kwasi Kwarteng seek to claw back the Government’s spiralling spending.

i understands ministers are considering not increasing benefits in line with inflation and instead basing the uprating on other economic figures such as earnings, which would be lower.

This would mean that income for the poorest households would fall well below the increasing cost of living for another 12 months.

Experts said basing the increase on earnings instead of inflation would amount to a cut of four percentage points and cost the average low-income working family with two children more than £1,000 a year.

https://inews.co.uk/news/politics/benefits-real-terms-cut-liz-truss-kwasi-kwarteng-claw-back-costs-1885824

IIRC the September CPI figure is also used to calculate the change in public sector pensions from the following April. If those don't rise with the September CPI, how many former teaching, university, civil service, police, firefighters, local government, armed forces, NHS, etc staff will be losing out, and what will their attitudes be? 

How many folk do the Tories seriously think they can p*ss off and not suffer the electoral consequences? I've no idea how many public sector pensioners there are (a quick google didn't throw up a total) but looking at those employment groups it must be many, many millions across the UK, mustn't it?