The Official Liz Truss no longer PM but still a Clusterfuck thread

Clown Job

16 hours ago, williemillersmoustache said:

They are all horrific but Jacob Rees-Mogg as  Minister for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy is way out in front.

AcademicShallowBullmastiff-max-1mb.gif

Super right wing, ultra brexit wonk, ERG frother, evil b*****d and religious fruitcake Steve Baker as a junior Northern Ireland Office Minister closing the gap a bit tho.

58 minutes ago, williemillersmoustache said:

Super right wing, ultra brexit wonk, ERG frother, evil b*****d and religious fruitcake Steve Baker as a junior Northern Ireland Office Minister closing the gap a bit tho.

Therese “Drive abortions and the gays underground” Coffey as health secretary must be snapping at both their heels, surely. 

51 minutes ago, Antlion said:

Therese “Drive abortions and the gays underground” Coffey as health secretary must be snapping at both their heels, surely. 

Regarding Coffey, she is opposed to abortion and gay marriage as she is a practising RC.

Thats fair enough but she also states that she respects the law.

All she is doing is following her chosen religion which opposes these things.

Its always struck me as strange that the countless numbers of RC SNP supporters are quite happy to drop those parts of their religion which don’t suit current trends.

Weird!!

41 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Regarding Coffey, she is opposed to abortion and gay marriage as she is a practising RC.

Its always struck me as strange that the countless numbers of RC SNP supporters are quite happy to drop those parts of their religion which don’t suit current trends.

Weird!!

Just a reminder Hiding behind religion for being a c**t doesn’t make you any less of a c**t.

43 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Weird!!

Abortion and gay marriage are not a "trend". 

People who are practising roman catholics and ignore the moronic and outdated parts of their religion are about the only religious people who are sensible.

Excellent monologue from the West Wing on this very matter.

Weird!!
So Coffey following religious beliefs fine, Kate Forbes does likewise, she's a crank, an extremist

That's how it works on here isn't it ?

2 hours ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Weird!!

Aye, in a thread entitled “The Official Liz Truss PM Thread”, in a discussion about her putting a homophobic anti-abortionist in charge of health (as though those stances haven’t cost countless lives), Catholic SNP politicians who drop disgusting and dangerous viewpoints in the face of modern reality (not “current trends”) are what we should be talking about.

CD5EA46A-391F-4536-A731-549730E1E574.jpeg

2 hours ago, Rugster said:

Abortion and gay marriage are not a "trend". 

People who are practising roman catholics and ignore the moronic and outdated parts of their religion are about the only religious people who are sensible.

Excellent monologue from the West Wing on this very matter.

Ironically, Martin Sheen is very anti-abortion.

1 minute ago, scottsdad said:

Ironically, Martin Sheen is very anti-abortion.

I have no idea if that's true about Martin Sheen or not, but the clip demonstrated the pretty important point that when working, he has the ability to put superstition behind him.  As long as politicians can do the same, I'm fine by that. 

Religion doesn't greatly concern me when it's teeth are drawn and it is relatively powerless. There are places on the planet where just disagreeing about religion will get you killed.  I'd suggest that folk don't look at issues to do with religion and politics in places where religion is relatively innocuous. Look at what it does where it has real political and judicial power.

As long as our politicians can keep their religious views in their own pews (or similar locations) I'm content. 

2 hours ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

I have no idea if that's true about Martin Sheen or not, but the clip demonstrated the pretty important point that when working, he has the ability to put superstition behind him.  As long as politicians can do the same, I'm fine by that. 

Religion doesn't greatly concern me when it's teeth are drawn and it is relatively powerless. There are places on the planet where just disagreeing about religion will get you killed.  I'd suggest that folk don't look at issues to do with religion and politics in places where religion is relatively innocuous. Look at what it does where it has real political and judicial power.

As long as our politicians can keep their religious views in their own pews (or similar locations) I'm content. 

That’s it.

Spot on you.

Yesterday was supposed to be her big bang, when she rides to the rescue of the nation with her Big Plan on Energy. I bet there was a whole media campaign planned around it too. 

All the oxygen got sucked out of it though. Truss could be chainsawing the heads off kittens on the steps of Number 10 right now and it wouldn't appear on any new site. 

7 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

Yesterday was supposed to be her big bang, when she rides to the rescue of the nation with her Big Plan on Energy. I bet there was a whole media campaign planned around it too. 

All the oxygen got sucked out of it though. Truss could be chainsawing the heads off kittens on the steps of Number 10 right now and it wouldn't appear on any new site. 

Truss will be loving it though - a chance to bury bad news and to grandstand on the world stage, whilst uncritical praise of Britain’s platinum queen - and the supposedly unchanging, unified-in-grief UK - pours in from foreign heads of state. 

24 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

Dead Liz > Daft Liz.