The Official Liz Truss no longer PM but still a Clusterfuck thread

Clown Job

Good quote - "it demonstrated a trait that has defined the Conservative leadership in recent years: a brazen willingness to curry favour with one audience by showing two fingers to another."

That sums it up nicely. 

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2022/sep/05/liz-truss-strange-chilling-desire-channel-spirit-don-revie

9 minutes ago, GTG_03 said:

She's going to be a disaster, what's the odds on Johnson being PM again within 6months?

Can't find that exact bet, but 12/1 on him being next Tory Leader, 16/1 on him winning the next GE.

And this..

image.thumb.png.6591ac5bd6c88b267c14f0f8fe2c95a5.png

1 hour ago, Dons_1988 said:

They had a woman with cerebral palsy on bbc breakfast this morning who was explaining that disability benefits had been eroded for years and that she’s having to borrow money from friends and family to survive. 

“so do you think you would vote for liz truss?”

“Yes!”

Frustrated Come On GIF by Saturday Night Live

It’s impossible to have any sympathy with someone like that.

“Well f**k you” is definitely my gut reaction.

56 minutes ago, Antlion said:

She’ll be back. She always comes back. 

“I was told there was nothing left; no reason, no conscience, no understanding in even the most rudimentary sense of life or death, of good or evil, right or wrong.”

9597B8C2-6223-4D56-B213-233A10ADAE98.jpeg

Fun fact. The mask used in Halloween is actually William Shatner's face. 

10 hours ago, tamthebam said:

Now that Priti Patel has resigned she should make Jacob Rees-Mogg Home Secretary for a laugh. He'd be like Victorian Dad out of Viz.

I fear that Suella Braverman will make Patel look like a moderate......

1 hour ago, GTG_03 said:

She's going to be a disaster, what's the odds on Johnson being PM again within 6months?

I actually went away to look this up myself - Oddschecker says you cen get 33/2 on Boris leading the Tories into the next GE. Looks value to me.

Truss is the epitomy of volunteers being asked to take one step forward and everyone instead takes one back, leaving her out there on her own. A paucity of talent wherever you look in British politics.