The Official Liz Truss no longer PM but still a Clusterfuck thread

Clown Job

40 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Apparently Truss is having a ‘well deserved break’ after fucking the economy in record time and having to resign in disgrace.

Gives a who new meaning to ‘well deserved’.

Boris has only had three well earned breaks since he resigned the position. I think finding time for holidays is a lot easier when you become MP for Oblivion

3 minutes ago, Caledonian1 said:

Boris has only had three well earned breaks since he resigned the position. I think finding time for holidays is a lot easier when you become MP for Oblivion

That would make the people who vote for her ‘Oblivious’.  I suppose that makes sense.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Kwarteng says he got “carried away”

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2022/dec/10/liz-truss-and-kwasi-kwarteng-got-carried-away-writing-mini-budget

Not a word of regret or remorse from the arrogant wankstain for fucking up the economy and people’s lives

12 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2022/dec/10/liz-truss-and-kwasi-kwarteng-got-carried-away-writing-mini-budget

Not a word of regret or remorse from the arrogant wankstain for fucking up the economy and people’s lives

I remember The Furher saying much the same thing.

13 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

Look on the bright side.  Imagine him as prime minister.

"Hey, what's this special box? Button says 'Nuke Russia'.  Sure, like it really is as simple as that!  Let's press it and see.  Nothing happened.  Oh wait, maybe there is a delay.  Maybe I shouldn't have done that."

17 minutes ago, Fullerene said:

Look on the bright side.  Imagine him as prime minister.

"Hey, what's this special box? Button says 'Nuke Russia'.  Sure, like it really is as simple as that!  Let's press it and see.  Nothing happened.  Oh wait, maybe there is a delay.  Maybe I shouldn't have done that."

Thanks.  That’s really cheered me up.

11 hours ago, KirkieRR said:

Och, he just got 'carried away'.

Getting carried away is having a twelfth bit of prawn toast or watching telly until 2am. Not going mad and trashing the economy.

When I hear about a guy getting "carried away", I assume it always ends with apologies to a lady along with "you know, it really is a complement to you"

15 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

“The former prime minister is considering launching an economic think tank”

Less thinking, more tanking

22 hours ago, coprolite said:

“The former prime minister is considering launching an economic think tank”

Less thinking, more tanking

It would be interesting to be a fly on the wall when a director of a company tries to explain to the other board members what it was about Truss that led him to pay any heed to her consultancy's views on anything. 

37 minutes ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

It would be interesting to be a fly on the wall when a director of a company tries to explain to the other board members what it was about Truss that led him to pay any heed to her consultancy's views on anything. 

"She'll pull strings for us with her contacts in government in exchange for not revealing where the bodies are buried"

"Ah, like all the other politicians we've hired? Carry on."

3 minutes ago, BFTD said:

"She'll pull strings for us with her contacts in government in exchange for not revealing where the bodies are buried"

"Ah, like all the other politicians we've hired? Carry on."

Makes you wonder why folk set up think tanks, eh? It couldn't be because certain types of "influence" can use an unjustifiable public profile to try to influence policy and public opinion without having to declare to any meaningful extent their sources of funding... 

No, surely in a advanced democracy such things couldn't happen. Oh, no, wait... 

https://www.opendemocracy.net/en/dark-money-investigations/think-tanks-transparency-funding-who-funds-you/

5 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Whether you agree with Truss or not, this is a bollocks story.  If someone was that concerned about drugs that they tested, they should have gone to the police at that point.  Now, no-one knows what happened and it is all just pish in the wind.  

2 minutes ago, Wee Bully said:

Whether you agree with Truss or not, this is a bollocks story.  If someone was that concerned about drugs that they tested, they should have gone to the police at that point.  Now, no-one knows what happened and it is all just pish in the wind.  

Maybe so, but it was lines of coke left behind in some cases allegedly, not just traces, so that rules out Michael Gove.