The Official Liz Truss no longer PM but still a Clusterfuck thread

Clown Job

1 hour ago, red23 said:

I love how people put that ridiculous spin on it and add bits in to suit what their warped minds thought

You were gutted the night was cancelled as you told us that a young female colleague was vulnerable and you wanted to get her drunk and fire into her. Not a couple of people getting drunk and ending up together - you were deliberately going out with the intention of taking advantage of her.

Frankly, you disgust me. A predatory wee man who is being rightly called out. You could have held your hands up, but you try and  call it “banter”.  You are exactly the guy in any social group we should all be calling out - they all seem to say “can’t take a joke darling”. Utter scumbag. 

6 minutes ago, Wee Bully said:

You were gutted the night was cancelled as you told us that a young female colleague was vulnerable and you wanted to get her drunk and fire into her. Not a couple of people getting drunk and ending up together - you were deliberately going out with the intention of taking advantage of her.

Frankly, you disgust me. A predatory wee man who is being rightly called out. You could have held your hands up, but you try and  call it “banter”.  You are exactly the guy in any social group we should all be calling out - they all seem to say “can’t take a joke darling”. Utter scumbag. 

What a simpleton, your the one who misunderstood the post and implied dark suggestive meaning to it. Look how raging you are, its wonderful. Clearly lack the intelligence to be out in public.

Apologies for posting whole article but Lettucehead Liz deserves a wee tribute :-

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2022/oct/20/at-peace-with-herself-librium-liz-re-embraces-her-own-mediocrity

"The agony was finally over. The week-long battle between Liz Truss and the Daily Star lettuce had been won. The lettuce had romped home at a canter with only a few leaves showing any sign of wilting. In the end, it hadn’t really been much of a contest.

Shortly after 1.30pm, Truss emerged from the front door of No 10, closely followed by her husband. She walked to the lectern and started speaking in her familiar, disconnected monotone. She had come into office at a time of great political and economic instability. Weirdly, she forgot to mention her part in adding to the instability. But the country will be paying for it in increased mortgages and borrowing for years to come.

Truss went on. She had delivered some fantastic achievements for the country. An energy package that literally any other prime minister would have introduced. And the reduction in national insurance contributions that Labour had first proposed. Amnesia prevented her from mentioning her U-turns. But her achievements had been so remarkable that it was best she went out on a high. The record for shortest-serving prime minister was hers. Though she would hang on for another week while the Tory party hastily scrabbled around for a new leader.

Her statement lasted barely a couple of minutes. Yet by the time she had finished she looked almost relieved. At peace with herself. No more trying to conceal her shame. Her humiliation. The shame and humiliation that had become the country’s own shame and humiliation. A lightning rod of despair.

The pretence of trying to appear competent could be abandoned. No further series of time-slip adventures in which she could enter parallel universes where she was a successful prime minister would be called for. She could re-embrace her own mediocrity. The authentic voice of those guaranteed to get most things wrong. Doomed to be forgotten. A footnote in the country’s history. A question in a pub quiz.

It had been quite the 24 hours. At prime minister’s questions on Wednesday, Librium Liz had insisted she was a “fighter not a quitter”. So what changed? Mostly, she allowed reality to finally intrude. It had been obvious to the rest of us for weeks that she was hopelessly out of her depth and that the Tory party and the country was falling apart around her.

Indeed, she had really been leader in name only since Colonel Jeremy Hunt had assumed control of the country last week. From then on she had in effect been a hostage inside No 10, with various captors having to give regular updates to an incurious nation about her wellbeing. “Liz has had a very productive day, sleeping under her desk.” “Liz has been allowed out to sack Suella Braverman.” Truss had tried to send messages by blinking desperately in morse code, but her pleas for help had gone unnoticed.

Lino Liz might still have been cooped up in her Downing Street gilded cage, had not Thérèse Coffey – Dr Feelgood – rushed down to the voting lobbies on Wednesday night with a bag stuffed full of mood-altering drugs. Tory MPs had surrounded her and Jacob Rees-Mogg and everyone had bundled one another through the no lobby during the fracking vote.

Everyone was so wired that no one had a clear recollection of anything. No 10 couldn’t even be sure if Liz had remembered to vote for herself in a confidence motion. Or indeed if it had been a confidence motion. It would be the most on-brand thing Truss had ever done, to vote for her own removal. There again, she wasn’t entirely clear if the chief whip had resigned or not. This was the tipping point for Tory MPs. Truss had to go. Blame the drugs.

With Liz out of the picture, the new regime rapidly unravelled. So much for a smooth takeover. Col Hunt tried to steady the ship by saying he would remain as chancellor and wouldn’t be standing for leader again. Probably just as well. He came eighth out of eight just a few months ago with the backing of just 18 MPs. His key policy had been to reduce corporation tax to 15%. In yet another space-time continuum shift of which the Tory party is increasingly fond, the new Hunt 2.0 had reinstated corporation tax at 25%. The wonders of quantum physics.

Next up came the chair of the 1922 Committee, Graham Brady, who had called a press conference to say that he didn’t really have much to say. Other than that the Tory party would try to stitch up the election process by the end of next week. He couldn’t provide any details as yet, as it wasn’t yet clear what rules would need to be bent. But there would be two candidates going through to the members’ ballot. Unless, that is, there turned out to be only one candidate. Then all bets were off.

We can see which way this one is going. The new regime going to its default position of a failed state. Yet another prime minister with no general election. No mandate. We used to laugh at Italy. Now the joke’s on us. The UK is far more chaotic, far more corrupt, than anything the Italians could dare dream of. Just 350 Tory MPs more concerned about holding on to their jobs for another two years than doing the right thing for the country. O brave new world …

To have such people in it. People such as Braverman, Rishi Sunak and Penny Mordaunt. MPs who had tried and failed to become Tory leader only months ago. Wannabes who had been rejected either by their own MPs or by the Tory gerontocracy. Suddenly now fighting each other for another shot.

People such as Boris Johnson. A dozen or so Tories, led by the deranged Nadine Dorries, thought it was time to give the Convict another shot. To forget that he had been disgraced for his criminal behaviour. That more than 50 ministers had resigned from his administration just months ago because he was unfit for office. Now they wanted him back. The venality. The desperation. The neediness. All just nauseating.

This was a Tory party treating the country with contempt. It was only a matter of time before someone suggested Lino Liz had another go. After all, she’d been out of office for a few hours. Surely that was long enough? Theresa May called for a candidate to unify the party. Some hope. Has she seen the state of it? Everyone hates each other. The only thing holding them together is the fear of being in opposition.

But maybe there is a saviour. Someone who has the unwavering support of himself. Step forward Rehman Chishti. Your time has come."

Topics

5 minutes ago, BillyAnchor said:

I still think the U S and A is so much worse but still, what a total cluster.

You're not setting the bar high.

As posted above, this is the mother of all parliaments, what we are witnessing here, is a coup d'etat in everything but name.

The next PM, will be puppet (for how long, who knows).

On 09/10/2022 at 02:50, IrishBhoy said:

By all accounts she is absolutely incompetent in to the bargain, and her tenure as Attorney General was a complete disaster, with standards of practice being absolutely decimated under her watch as well as regularly going against lawyers in order to side with Johnson’s government. An AG who knowingly broke the law on more than one occasion, that’s how low this government has dragged us. How she managed to get a promotion to Home Secretary we will never know, but the quicker she leaves that role the better or there’s going to be an awful lot of damage done to an awful lot of peoples lives. 

Posted this a couple of weeks back and I’m very pleased to see Braverman ousted from such a position in government, wether voluntarily or not. Inside a more stable government Im certain she would have wreaked misery on an untold number of people, from this country and abroad.

It really is a sad state of affairs when you are watching a guy like Grant Shapps (or whatever he’s calling himself this week) take a position like Home Secretary and seeing it as an improvement. As much as Shapps comes across as an incompetent buffoon, I don’t think he’s any where near as heartless as Braverman, and if this government is to continue for its full term then I hold out more hope that his department won’t drift further towards the vision Patel and Braverman had for this country. I would like to be able to say that with some certainty but unfortunately I can’t. Imagine being a unionist in Scotland watching this Tory implosion unfold, as has been ongoing for the best part of the last 4 years, and thinking that this is the best we can hope for. A party in power that was outright rejected at the ballot box in Scotland, enforcing a catastrophic Brexit that the majority of the country voted against, but being dragged through the worst of it by way of being attached to a neighbouring country ten times our size where our voting system dictates we have absolutely no say in a UK election process. 

I keep hearing Unionist leaning politicians saying that this is not the right time for Scotland to hold a ‘divisive’ independence referendum, due to the global financial instability and growing tensions with Russia etc. Referendums by their nature are divisive, there is never going to be a time when it isn’t divisive. However, if now isn’t the right time to hold a referendum, with this Tory Govt. in Westminster in utter turmoil, then when exactly will be a good time? 

I had a good laugh at Truss during last weeks PMQs when she responded to Blackford by screeching something about the Scottish Government refusing to build new nuclear power stations to help with our reliance on foreign energy. It seemed to get a big cheer from the Tory back benches, but I thought Blackford missed a bit of an open goal by not replying to her by letting her know that Scotland regularly fulfils all of its energy needs by way of renewables, and sends its surplus to the national grid which supplies Englands shortfall. In an independent Scotland there would be no need for nuclear power, the existing nuclear stations we have in Scotland are going through either total or partial decommissioning, and will require many millions of pounds spent on them for future shut downs and the disposal of nuclear waste. This is a technology England and the UK Govt are championing which Scotland should be doing it’s best to distance itself from. For all the SNPs faults their investment in to the renewable energies sector can’t be faulted, and we are genuinely a world leader in the development of wave and tidal energy and the understanding around it.

An independent Scotland could harvest its natural resources like wind and wave energy, build on the already solid base we have, and invest in the development of future technologies in that sector. The companies that developed sea bed drilling technology in the 1980s became multi billion pound corporations. As the world moves towards renewable energies such as solar, wind and tidal, there is no reason Scotland couldn’t be at the forefront of this new age.

Norway famously built their trillion dollar oil fund from North Sea explorations, whilst Scotlands oil was sold off to the highest bidder by the British Government. Unfortunately we are never going to realise the true worth that North Sea oil and gas fields should have benefited us, but as the world moves further away from reliance on oil and gas we should be working towards building our own future by being the the worlds leader in renewables. 

4 minutes ago, IrishBhoy said:

I had a good laugh at Truss during last weeks PMQs when she responded to Blackford by screeching something about the Scottish Government refusing to build new nuclear power stations to help with our reliance on foreign energy. It seemed to get a big cheer from the Tory back benches, but I thought Blackford missed a bit of an open goal by not replying to her by letting her know that Scotland regularly fulfils all of its energy needs by way of renewables, and sends its surplus to the national grid which supplies Englands shortfall.

I think he holds back and rightly so.  It's not a Scotland v England dog fight that they are trying their hardest to make.

He also had a few tap ins this week at PMQ's, however, why hold a hand out(makes the news) to a dying PM.

1 minute ago, SlipperyP said:

I think he holds back and rightly so.  It's not a Scotland v England dog fight that they are trying their hardest to make.

He also had a few tap ins this week at PMQ's, however, why hold a hand out(makes the news) to a dying PM.

I understand that but he only gets 2 questions to ask, and with Blackfords nature he always tries to demean the position of the PM whilst finding the angle that makes Scottish independence look the most appealing. I’m not saying he’s doing anything wrong, although he’s had Johnson and Truss to go at so far which should be shooty in for him. I would have liked to have seen him rebuke the point Truss made about building nuclear power stations in Scotland though, especially when we have invested so much in to wind and tidal energy. 

I may be wrong but was it not an SNP manifesto pledge not to build any more nuclear power stations in Scotland? Even if it wasn’t, the money needed to build one from the ground up would be astronomical. We’ve had Hunterston A and B, and Torness which have recently produced nuclear energy in this country. Both are going through decommissioning if I’m correct, either that or partial shut downs of the plant which takes literally years of money and man power to carry out safely. Britain still hasn’t found a way to safely dispose of nuclear waste either, and we are still disposing of it above ground at numerous sites across the country. Other countries like Germany who invested heavily in nuclear have found ways to dispose of their waste underground which is much safer, although still not an ideal situation and their government have recently been getting grief from the public about waste that had been disposed of in old mining shafts close to suburban areas. This is a technology Scotland should be moving away from, and to be fair to the SNP they are actively trying to. To have the British PM shout at the elected leader of our most prominent party in Westminster about our lack of urgency in building nuclear power stations should have been given short shrift imo. 

5 minutes ago, IrishBhoy said:

I understand that but he only gets 2 questions

1 of those questions made the biggest headline. Pensions. Nationwide.

He sat down and the rest in history....

He could take cheap shots now and again, but why lower himself to the shiteshow that is 'PMQ's'.

Many people on here who are not political motivated never mind the general public, look at it and quite rightly say 'what the f**k, their all the same'.

You know, I know, any and ever word out of place from the SNP is headline on Scotch BBC and now happening in UK wide press.  They (UKr) are hurting just now, but it can still bite.

53 minutes ago, SlipperyP said:

1 of those questions made the biggest headline. Pensions. Nationwide.

He sat down and the rest in history....

As much as I would love Blackford to be barbing the PM and creating headlines, I think the point about pensions and state welfare rising with inflation was already a well trodden path. Jeremy Hunt was grilled on it during all of his media appearances on Tuesday, although didn’t commit to the triple lock. Truss then DID commit to the triple lock during PMQs, for what that’s worth, but I don’t think it was Blackfords question that prompted the headlines. 

I will always vote SNP for as long as the party is a vehicle towards independence, but I really do wish they would ruffle more feathers in Westminster. Mhairi Black had a good interview yesterday which you can find on YouTube where she’s standing at Parliament sqaure. She ripped the Tories, Labour and the Westminster pantomime to pieces, and done it in such a way that anyone trying to debate against her would be overwhelmed by her deep and full understanding of the facts, and the manner in which she presents them. The SNP will never be given respect from either a Tory or Labour govt in Westminster (Blackford regularly gets shouted down or spoken over the top of), but I think Black could be someone that would command a respect from her peers purely down to her character. Hopefully we never need to see another SNP leader at Westminster after Blackford but if we do I think Mhairi Black would be the perfect candidate. 

Edited by IrishBhoy

55 minutes ago, SlipperyP said:

You know, I know, any and ever word out of place from the SNP is headline on Scotch BBC and now happening in UK wide press.  They (UKr) are hurting just now, but it can still bite.

That’s very true. I should add it’s absolutely astonishing that in Liz Truss’ short tenure as PM she didn’t once meet with Nicola Sturgeon, or even speak to her via phonecall. By all accounts she had no contact with Drakeford, the First Minister of Wales, either. What absolute disdain she has shown towards the people of Scotland and Wales, that in her 40 odd days in office she couldn’t even find the time to speak to the elected leaders of countries which apparently make up such an important part of this ‘union’. 

7 hours ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

Apologies for posting whole article but Lettucehead Liz deserves a wee tribute :-

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2022/oct/20/at-peace-with-herself-librium-liz-re-embraces-her-own-mediocrity

"The agony was finally over. The week-long battle between Liz Truss and the Daily Star lettuce had been won. The lettuce had romped home at a canter with only a few leaves showing any sign of wilting. In the end, it hadn’t really been much of a contest.

Shortly after 1.30pm, Truss emerged from the front door of No 10, closely followed by her husband. She walked to the lectern and started speaking in her familiar, disconnected monotone. She had come into office at a time of great political and economic instability. Weirdly, she forgot to mention her part in adding to the instability. But the country will be paying for it in increased mortgages and borrowing for years to come.

Truss went on. She had delivered some fantastic achievements for the country. An energy package that literally any other prime minister would have introduced. And the reduction in national insurance contributions that Labour had first proposed. Amnesia prevented her from mentioning her U-turns. But her achievements had been so remarkable that it was best she went out on a high. The record for shortest-serving prime minister was hers. Though she would hang on for another week while the Tory party hastily scrabbled around for a new leader.

Her statement lasted barely a couple of minutes. Yet by the time she had finished she looked almost relieved. At peace with herself. No more trying to conceal her shame. Her humiliation. The shame and humiliation that had become the country’s own shame and humiliation. A lightning rod of despair.

The pretence of trying to appear competent could be abandoned. No further series of time-slip adventures in which she could enter parallel universes where she was a successful prime minister would be called for. She could re-embrace her own mediocrity. The authentic voice of those guaranteed to get most things wrong. Doomed to be forgotten. A footnote in the country’s history. A question in a pub quiz.

It had been quite the 24 hours. At prime minister’s questions on Wednesday, Librium Liz had insisted she was a “fighter not a quitter”. So what changed? Mostly, she allowed reality to finally intrude. It had been obvious to the rest of us for weeks that she was hopelessly out of her depth and that the Tory party and the country was falling apart around her.

Indeed, she had really been leader in name only since Colonel Jeremy Hunt had assumed control of the country last week. From then on she had in effect been a hostage inside No 10, with various captors having to give regular updates to an incurious nation about her wellbeing. “Liz has had a very productive day, sleeping under her desk.” “Liz has been allowed out to sack Suella Braverman.” Truss had tried to send messages by blinking desperately in morse code, but her pleas for help had gone unnoticed.

Lino Liz might still have been cooped up in her Downing Street gilded cage, had not Thérèse Coffey – Dr Feelgood – rushed down to the voting lobbies on Wednesday night with a bag stuffed full of mood-altering drugs. Tory MPs had surrounded her and Jacob Rees-Mogg and everyone had bundled one another through the no lobby during the fracking vote.

Everyone was so wired that no one had a clear recollection of anything. No 10 couldn’t even be sure if Liz had remembered to vote for herself in a confidence motion. Or indeed if it had been a confidence motion. It would be the most on-brand thing Truss had ever done, to vote for her own removal. There again, she wasn’t entirely clear if the chief whip had resigned or not. This was the tipping point for Tory MPs. Truss had to go. Blame the drugs.

With Liz out of the picture, the new regime rapidly unravelled. So much for a smooth takeover. Col Hunt tried to steady the ship by saying he would remain as chancellor and wouldn’t be standing for leader again. Probably just as well. He came eighth out of eight just a few months ago with the backing of just 18 MPs. His key policy had been to reduce corporation tax to 15%. In yet another space-time continuum shift of which the Tory party is increasingly fond, the new Hunt 2.0 had reinstated corporation tax at 25%. The wonders of quantum physics.

Next up came the chair of the 1922 Committee, Graham Brady, who had called a press conference to say that he didn’t really have much to say. Other than that the Tory party would try to stitch up the election process by the end of next week. He couldn’t provide any details as yet, as it wasn’t yet clear what rules would need to be bent. But there would be two candidates going through to the members’ ballot. Unless, that is, there turned out to be only one candidate. Then all bets were off.

We can see which way this one is going. The new regime going to its default position of a failed state. Yet another prime minister with no general election. No mandate. We used to laugh at Italy. Now the joke’s on us. The UK is far more chaotic, far more corrupt, than anything the Italians could dare dream of. Just 350 Tory MPs more concerned about holding on to their jobs for another two years than doing the right thing for the country. O brave new world …

To have such people in it. People such as Braverman, Rishi Sunak and Penny Mordaunt. MPs who had tried and failed to become Tory leader only months ago. Wannabes who had been rejected either by their own MPs or by the Tory gerontocracy. Suddenly now fighting each other for another shot.

People such as Boris Johnson. A dozen or so Tories, led by the deranged Nadine Dorries, thought it was time to give the Convict another shot. To forget that he had been disgraced for his criminal behaviour. That more than 50 ministers had resigned from his administration just months ago because he was unfit for office. Now they wanted him back. The venality. The desperation. The neediness. All just nauseating.

This was a Tory party treating the country with contempt. It was only a matter of time before someone suggested Lino Liz had another go. After all, she’d been out of office for a few hours. Surely that was long enough? Theresa May called for a candidate to unify the party. Some hope. Has she seen the state of it? Everyone hates each other. The only thing holding them together is the fear of being in opposition.

But maybe there is a saviour. Someone who has the unwavering support of himself. Step forward Rehman Chishti. Your time has come."

Topics

Aye, but apart from that...

8 hours ago, red23 said:

What a simpleton, your the one who misunderstood the post and implied dark suggestive meaning to it. Look how raging you are, its wonderful. Clearly lack the intelligence to be out in public.

No-one misunderstood the post, you rapey wee creep.