The Official Liz Truss no longer PM but still a Clusterfuck thread

Clown Job

1 hour ago, blackislekillie said:

Are you the poster who boasted on this forum about setting off on a work night out to deliberately get a young woman drunk in order to have sex with her? Apologies if you're not. If you are, then you are a piece of shite and a fucking danger. 

I love how people put that ridiculous spin on it and add bits in to suit what their warped minds thought

45 minutes ago, cyderspaceman said:

Is anyone else of the opinion that alcohol may have had a part to play in last  night's debacle?

( was it only 24 hours ago?)

Well given that the vote took place at 7pm and there are bars open throughout the palace of Westminster long before then, never mind the bottles stashed in drawers left and right, I'd be surprised if a healthy percentage of the House weren't completely fucking steamboats.

1 hour ago, Day of the Lords said:

Calling someone else "sad" and "pathetic" is some brass neck for a boy who outed himself as, at best a monumental creep, for a bit of banter tbf.

1 year later you are still following me around the forum commenting this on every post, the original post was liked by quite a few peope they knew how to take it, what a life you must have man.

27 minutes ago, BigDoddyKane said:

I guess if Putin wins the vote, we know it was hacked

The Guardian reported earlier today that the National Cyber Security Centre had contacted the Conservative party over its leadership voting preparations, amid concerns a rogue state could attempt to interfere with the contest.”

'rogue state' being the UK.

56 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Watching C4 news +1 at the moment and John Curtis slipped in that he didn't think Johnson would be allowed to stand. The interviewer annoyingly didn't pick up on it, anyone got a clue?

Is he not still subject to a parliamentary enquiry?

Truss walks away with a hefty severance £20,000 and £120,000 a year for the rest of her life.
Not bad for 44 days work.
And we the taxpayers are paying that.
I thought I read somewhere that she had to last another couple of weeks to be entitled to such royalties?

Ludicrous money either way.

1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:

Bump.  First page of this thread.

I really hope I turn out to be wrong. As much as it will help boost indy I'd rather we had a general election so we can get rid of these muppets. Not happening tho

Just now, GTG_03 said:

I really hope I turn out to be wrong. As much as it will help boost indy I'd rather we had a general election so we can get rid of these muppets. Not happening tho

Which again does wonders to shatter the illusion of the UK’s much ballyhooed “unwritten constitution” being any other than a fucking farrago (as if the wasted months on what we’re now told was an unnecessarily-long leadership election didn’t do that).

2 minutes ago, GTG_03 said:

The Tories have nothing to gain by calling a GE and everything to lose.  Many Tories will see Johnson as someone best placed to win next time around, personally I think that’s naive.  He also has the Privileges Committee enquiry to deal with.

I reckon Mordaunt’s lack of experience will be a handicap and I reckon Sunak will have other skeletons in the cupboard similar to his green card and his wife’s non-dom status.

57 minutes ago, 101 said:

Congratulations to Liz on finding a new job so quickly as Stevie Gs media manager as he comes out with the "I'm a fighter not a quitter" line.

Similar result for Stevie albeit much faster