The Official Liz Truss no longer PM but still a Clusterfuck thread

Clown Job

I think Sunak is every bit as right wing as Truss, just not so thick. Johnson might be the best result of a truly awful set of options, he doesn't have an ideological bone in his body, the people around him will run the country. Frightening whatever happens.

Having today watched the reaction of a fair number of members of the public in various locations across England to the current situation, I would advise that anyone who cares deeply about Scotland's future should under no circumstances contemplate voting for a London-based party at the next GE.

It's just too dangerous.

32 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I think Sunak is every bit as right wing as Truss, just not so thick. Johnson might be the best result of a truly awful set of options, he doesn't have an ideological bone in his body, the people around him will run the country. Frightening whatever happens.

He is very much a Thatcherite, but unlike Truss is capable of thinking it through. I've little doubt he agrees with the policies that brought Truss down, but also realistic enough that now isn't the time. Unsurprisingly, he was proven entirely correct about Liz Truss. 

You are right about Johnson not really having a political identity, but he also has an inbuilt craving to be liked (see various u-turns during his tenure) and will ditch things that are unpopular. Is he really going to be happy being the face of austerity? I doubt that. What we will get is just the same bluff and bluster as before, with the same consequences whilst he carries on doing whatever the hell he likes.

Why Sunak would want it, I've no idea. They are on track for a total horsing and he really didn't take well to the scrutiny of his wife's tax arrangements when he stuck his head above the parapet last time. Even forgetting that, he has one of the safest seats in the country - is it really worth carrying the can for the thumping? He'll be punted before dawn breaks on election night and then that's game over for his political career. Probably best playing the long game and taking on the regrouping when they're out of power. 

The real danger is Braverman. She has been at it the last few weeks going full Breitbart. 

Edited by Michael W

1 minute ago, Michael W said:

The real danger is Braverman. She has been at it the last few weeks going full Breitbart. 

Agreed, but I don't think she has a chance of getting a majority in the House so even the ERG wouldn't try to make that happen.

I’m disgusted that Liz Truss was forced out of office after only 44 days.  Total misogyny, she wasn’t given a chance.

The only good news is that there is an opportunity to let good old BoJo back in.  It’s very rarely that people get a chance to right their own wrongs and here is a great opportunity.

6 hours ago, red23 said:

Your still banging on about a post i said for banter. Get a life you sad pathetic man.

Calling someone else "sad" and "pathetic" is some brass neck for a boy who outed himself as, at best a monumental creep, for a bit of banter tbf.

6 hours ago, red23 said:

Your still banging on about a post i said for banter. Get a life you sad pathetic man.

Are you the poster who boasted on this forum about setting off on a work night out to deliberately get a young woman drunk in order to have sex with her? Apologies if you're not. If you are, then you are a piece of shite and a fucking danger.